Access, holdings & availability
- Oxford ; New York : Peter Lang, c2011.
- Cultural interactions: studies in the relationship between the arts ; no. 19
x, 313 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321 -- Criticism and interpretation -- History -- 19th century -- Congresses.
Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321 -- Appreciation -- Congresses.
Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321 -- Influence -- Congresses.
- Introduction / Nick Havely
Romantic re-visions. "Admirable for conciseness and vigour" : Dante and English romantic poetry's dealings with epic / Michael O'Neill
Stories of Rimini : Leigh Hunt, Byron, and the fate of Francesca / Timothy Webb
Francesca Franciosa : exile, language and history in Foscolo's articles on Dante / Nick Havely
Beatrice seen and heard. "A silent heart" : Christina Rossetti's "monna innominata" as a reconstruction of Dante's Beatrice / Serena Trowbridge
Christina Rossetti's "Monna innominata" : reflections in/on Dante / Cristina Figueredo
Ninfa Fiorentina : the falling of Beatrice from Florence to modern metropolis / Fabio Camilletti
"The central man" : Ruskin, Longfellow, Rodin. Dante, Ruskin, and Rossetti : grotesque realism / Alison Milbank
Reading for our delight : Longfellow and Francesca / Christoph Irmscher
Rodin's Gates of hell and Dante's Divine comedy : the literal and allegorical in the Paolo and Francesca episode of Inferno 5 / Aida Audeh
Scholarship, education, popularization / Nineteenth-century translations and the invention of Boccaccio-Dantista / Guyda Armstrong
Dante and psychology in the late nineteenth century / Spencer Pearce
Dante between Darwin and Freud : Giovanni Pascoli's Dantean writings / Elena Borelli
Purgatorio in the portrait : Dante, heterodoxy, and the education of James Joyce / James Robinson
Exploiting Dante : Dante and his women popularizers, 1850-1910 / Anne Laurence.
- "The present collection of essays seeks to extend yet further the scope of research and debate in an interdisciplinary and
multicultural way, and essays on many aspects of Dante's international reception from c. 1800 to c. 1914 are included. It
draws upon papers given at the interdisciplinary conference on 'Dante in the Nineteenth Century' which took place at the University
of York on 15-16 July 2008"--Introd.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Ellis D. Williams, College 1865, Endowment Fund.
- Havely, N. R.
Ellis D. Williams, College 1865, Endowment Fund.
9783039119790 (alk. paper)
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
- The Ellis D. Williams, College 1865, Endowment Fund Home Page