Access, holdings & availability
Table of contents only Connect to table of contents online
- 2nd ed.
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, c2009.
xxi, 490 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Medical subjects:
- This new edition of this bestselling guide offers an integrated approach to process improvement that delivers quick and substantial results in quality and productivity in diverse settings. The authors explore their Model for Improvement that worked with international improvement efforts at multinational companies as well as in different industries such as healthcare and public agencies. This edition includes new information that shows how to accelerate improvement by spreading changes across multiple sites. The book presents a practical tool kit of ideas, examples, and applications.
- Changes that result in improvement
Skills to support improvement
Improvement case studies
The science of improvement
Using the model for improvement
Developing a change
Testing a change
Implementing a change
Integrating methods for the improvement of value
Improving large or complex systems
Case studies of improvement efforts
Making the improvement of value a business strategy
Developing improvement capability.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 465-477) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Frances C. Thielbar Memorial Fund.
Langley, Gerald J., 1950-
Frances C. Thielbar Memorial Fund.
- Web link:
Publisher description Connect to publisher description online
Contributor biographical information Connect to contributor biographical information
The Frances C. Thielbar Memorial Fund Home Page