Access, holdings & availability
Connect to resource.
Restricted for use by site license.
- Other title:
- Acta sanctorum database
- [Alexandria, Va.] : Chadwyck-Healey, c1999-
1 online resource
Christian saints -- Biography -- Sources.
Benedictines -- Biography -- Sources.
- Electronic reference sources.
- Full text in Latin and Greek; instructional screens in English.
- System details:
- : Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- The database contains the complete Acta sanctorum, including all prefatory material, original texts, critical apparatus and indexes. It comprises the works published over a period of three hundred years by the Société de Bollandistes (from the two January volumes published in 1643 to the Propylaeum to December published in 1940) and includes materials on the lives of the saints from the beginning of the Christian era to the end of the sixteenth century.
- Title from title screen (viewed Dec. 16, 1999).
Begun by Bollandus, assisted by G. Henschenius; after the death of Bollandus continued by G. Henschenius, D. van Papenbroeck, and other Bollandists.
Digitized and made available by Chadwyck-Healey; digitization complete in 2005.
Electronic reproduction of: Acta sanctorum quotquot toto orbe coluntur : vel a catholicis scriptoribus celebrantur / quæ ex Latinis et Græcis, aliarumque gentium antiquis monumentis collegit, digessit, notis illustravit Joannes Bollandus ... ; servata primagenia scriptorum phrasi ; operam et studium contulit Godefridus Henschenius ... Editio novissima / curante Joanne Carnandet ...
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
Bolland, Johannes, 1596-1665.
Carnandet, Jean Baptiste, 1820-1880.
Henschenius, Godefridus, 1601-1681.
Rosengarten Family Fund.
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Other format:
- Acta sanctorum database on CD-ROM.
- Web link:
The Rosengarten Family Fund Home Page
The Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund Home Page