This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- HathiTrust Digital Library Connect to full text
- York : Printed by J. Kendrew, Colliergate, [ca. 1820]
31,  p. : ill. ; 97 mm.
- Chapbooks, English -- Specimens.
Cries -- England -- London -- Juvenile literature.
Peddlers and peddling -- England -- London -- Juvenile poetry.
Street vendors -- England -- London -- Juvenile poetry.
- Advertisements -- England -- London -- 19th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Approximate date from Osborne Coll., cited below.
"Penny books printed and sold": p.  at end.
Roman, Old English, and italic alphabets: p. .
First sentence: "Thro' many a street and many a town, The Inkman shapes his way, The trusty ass keeps plodding on, His master to obey."
Includes 26 woodcuts.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Edward P. Mally, W'83 and Julia Lang Mally, W'83 Endowment for Rare
Books and Manuscripts Collections.
Albert Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2014 by Dr. Daniel and Eleanor Albert.
- Albert, Daniel M. (donor) (Albert Collection copy)
Albert, Eleanor (donor) (Albert Collection copy)
- Cited in:
- Davis, R. Kendrew of York, 12
Osborne Coll., p. 629
- Edward P. Mally, W'83 and Julia Lang Mally, W'83 Endowment for Rare Books and Manuscripts Collections.
Dr. Daniel and Eleanor Albert Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Web link:
- The Edward P. Mally, W'83 and Julia Lang Mally, W'83 Endowment for Rare Books and Manuscripts Collections Home Page
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order