This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Standardized title:
- Vernon manuscript.
- Oxford : Bodleian Library c2011.
- Bodleian digital texts ; 3.
Bodleian Digital Texts ; 3
1 DVD-ROM : col. ill. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Manuscripts, English (Middle) -- England -- Oxford -- Facsimiles.
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval -- England.
Illumination of books and manuscripts, English.
English literature -- Middle English, 1100-1500.
Christian literature, English.
Didactic literature, English.
Vernon manuscript -- Facsimiles.
- System details:
- : System requirements: Microsoft Windows XP or higher ; Mac OS X 10.3+ ; RAM: 1 GB (minimum) ; Screen resolution: recommended minimum 1024 x 768 ; DVD-ROM drive.
- Summary: "The Vernon Manuscript" is one of the greatest treasures of early English literature and the arts of the book. It contains over 350 Middle English texts, among them "Piers Plowman", "the Ancrene Riwle", the "South English Legendary", the "Prick of Conscience", and the "Miracles of the Virgin". This DVD-ROM contains a full facsimile with images of each page of the manuscript, visible at high magnification, and a complete 'live' transcription of the text with hyperlinks allows for powerful global searches across the entire text. It contains: full-colour high resolution images of the entire manuscript; simultaneous view of entire page and selected detail of the page, with a full page description; life-like magnifier, movable across the page, activated by clicking on the facsimile, allowing detailed viewing; specialist essays on contents, production, decoration, and language.
- Title from resource.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Constance L. Rosenthal Book Fund.
- Scase, Wendy.
Kennedy, Nick (Nicholas B.)
Constance L. Rosenthal Book Fund.
- Web link:
- The Constance L. Rosenthal Book Fund Home Page