This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Jarman-Ivens, Freya.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
- Palgrave Macmillan's critical studies in gender, sexuality, and culture.
Palgrave Macmillan's critical studies in gender, sexuality, and culture
xv, 192 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Gender identity in music.
Callas, Maria, 1923-1977 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Carpenter, Karen, 1950-1983 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Galás, Diamánda -- Criticism and interpretation.
- "Queer Voices sets out both to queer the musicological and to make queer audible, arguing that the voice, particularly the singing voice, opens up a richly queer space. Using case studies from different repertoires, the book demonstrates how queer emerges particularly audibly when the voice is heard to engage with various technologies: the external technologies of music performances and recordings, technologies of power, or the internal technologies of vocal production itself"-- Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Tom Farinholt and Blair Edlow Memorial Book Fund.
- Tom Farinholt and Blair Edlow Memorial Book Fund.
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
- The Tom Farinholt and Blair Edlow Memorial Book Fund Home Page