Access, holdings & availability
- Peacock, C. P.
- Oxford : Oxfam in association with FARM-Africa, 1996.
xx, 387 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Goats -- Breeding -- Tropics.
Goats -- Nutrition -- Tropics.
Goats -- Health -- Tropics.
- The book explains the theory of goat-keeping and how it can be used to design simple and cheap improvements in the nutrition, health and breeding management of small or large flocks. Topics are common problems of goats in the tropics, assessing goat-production problems, basic nutrition, improved nutrition, goat diseases, management of reproduction, breeds and improvement, management of large goat farms, processing and marketing goat products and goat-improvement programmes.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Clarence J. Marshall Memorial Library Fund.
Clarence J. Marshall Memorial Library Fund.
- Other format:
- Online version: Peacock, C. P. Improving goat production in the tropics.
- 0855982683 (cased)
- Web link:
The Clarence J. Marshall Memorial Library Fund Home Page