This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Conley, Patrick.
- 1. Aufl.
- Berlin : Metropol-Verlag, 2012.
335 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Funkhaus Nalepastrasse -- History.
Radio stations -- Germany -- Berlin -- History.
Radio stations -- Political aspects -- Germany (East) -- History.
Radio broadcasting -- Political aspects -- Germany (East) -- History.
Radio broadcasting -- Germany (East) -- Employees -- Interviews.
Radio programs -- Germany -- Berlin -- History.
- The Funkhaus Nalepastraße, the broadcasting studio in East Berlin, was a world apart. Five radio programs were broadcast all over the German Democratic Republic (GDR) from this central location. Radio documentaries, called features, were a permanent part of the program. Now for the first time, the numerous sound recordings, scripts, and papers of the GDR feature are evaluated in this book. In addition, 40 eyewitnesses have been interviewed about their work on the cultural programs: authors, dramaturges, and producers talk about their "radio niche". The book conveys a precise insight into the conditions of journalism and art in the "real existing socialism".
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -318) and indexes.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Department of Germanic Languages Book Fund.
- Department of Germanic Languages Book Fund.
- Web link:
- The Department of Germanic Languages Book Fund Home Page
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order