Access, holdings & availability
- Other title:
- Jain images of perfection
- New York : Rubin Museum of Art ; Ahmedabad : Mapin ; [Ocean Township, NJ : Grantha], 2009.
308 p. : col. ill. ; 30 cm.
- Jaina art -- Exhibitions.
Jainism -- Exhibitions.
Tīrthaṅkaras in art -- Exhibitions.
Art -- India -- Exhibitions.
- Victorious across eternity : the lives of the Jain Tīrthaṅkaras / Paul Dundas
The cosmic man and the human condition / John E. Cort
Contemplating the Jain universe : visions of order and chaos / Phyllis Granoff
The mathematics of the Jain cosmos / Kim Plofker
Lokākāśa and Lokathātu : a comparison of Jain and Buddhist cosmology / Padmanabh S. Jaini
Sacred place and structured space : temple architecture and the pilgrimage in Jainism / Julia A.B. Hegewald
Icons in the manifold : Jain sculpture in early and medieval India / Sonya Rhie Quintanilla
Digambara narrative painting of Southern India / Sonya Rhie Quintanilla
Contemporary Jain maṇḍala rituals / John E. Cort.
- Published in conjunction with an exhibition held at the Rubin Museum of Art, New York, N.Y., Sept. 28, 2009-Feb. 15, 2010.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 300-305) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Dr. Craig Baxter Memorial Fund.
- Granoff, P. E. (Phyllis Emily), 1947-
Rubin Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.)
Dr. Craig Baxter Memorial Fund.
- 8189995294 (Mapin : HC)
9788189995294 (Mapin : HC)
0944142826 (Grantha : HC)
9780944142820 (Grantha : HC)
0944142834 (Grantha : PB)
9780944142837 (Grantha : PB)
- Web link:
- The Dr. Craig Baxter Memorial Fund Home Page