This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
Connect to resource.
Restricted for use by site license.
- Other title:
- ProQuest History Vault. NAACP papers
History Vault. NAACP papers
Complete NAACP Papers Online
ProQuest History Vault: NAACP Papers 1: Board of Directors, Annual Conferences, Major Speeches, and National Staff Files
ProQuest History Vault: NAACP Papers 2: The NAACP's Major Campaigns, Part 1 Education, Voting, Housing, Employment, Armed Forces
Proquest History Vault: NAACP Papers 3: The NAACP s Major Campaigns, Part 2 Scottsboro, Anti-Lynching, Criminal Justice, Peonage, Labor, and Segregation and Discrimination Complaints and Responses
Proquest History Vault: NAACP Papers 4: The NAACP s Major Campaigns, Part 3 Legal Department Files
Proquest History Vault: NAACP Papers 5: Special Subjects 1912-1972
Proquest History Vault: NAACP Papers 6: Branch Department, Branch Files, and Youth Department Files
- [Ann Arbor, MI] : ProQuest
1 online resource.
Began in 2012.
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People -- Archives.
African Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
African Americans -- History -- 1877-1964 -- Sources.
United States -- Race relations -- Sources.
- System details:
- : Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Nearly 2 million digitized pages of internal memos, legal briefings, and direct action summaries from national, legal, and branch offices throughout the country. It charts the NAACP's work and covers issues including: lynching, school desegregation, and discrimination in the military, the criminal justice system, employment, and housing, among others. It provides a comprehensive view of the NAACP's evolution, policies, and achievements from 1909-1970.
- pt. 1. Meetings of the Board of Directors, records of annual conferences, major speeches, and special reports, 1909-1950
pt. 2. Personal correspondence of selected NAACP officials, 1919-1939
pt. 3. Campaign for educational equality.
pt. 4. Voting rights campaign, 1916-1950
pt. 5. Campaign against residential segregation, 1914-1955
pt. 6. Scottsboro case, 1931-1950
pt. 7. Anti-lynching campaign, 1912-1955.
pt. 8. Discrimination in the criminal justice system.
pt. 9. Discrimination in the U.S. armed forces, 1918-1955. General office files on armed forces' affairs, 1918-1955.
pt. 10. Peonage, labor, and the New Deal, 1913-1939
pt. 11. Special subject files, 1912-1939
pt. 12. Selected branch files, 1913-1939.
pt. 13. NAACP and labor, 1940-1955.
pt. 14. Race relations in the international arena, 1940-1955
pt. 15. Segregation and discrimination, complaints and responses, 1940-1955.
pt. 16. Board of directors, correspondence and committee materials.
pt. 17. National staff files, 1940-1955
pt. 18. Special subjects, 1940-1955.
pt. 19. Youth file.
pt. 20. White resistance and reprisals, 1956-1965
pt. 21. NAACP relations with the modern civil rights movement
pt. 22. Legal department administrative files, 1956-1965
pt. 23. Legal Department case files, 1956-1965
pt. 24. Special subjects, 1956-1965.
pt. 25. Branch department files.
pt. 26. Selected branch files, 1940-1955.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Herman V. Ames Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
Rosengarten Family Fund.
Herman V. Ames Fund.
- Other format:
- Also available on microfilm: Papers of the NAACP.
- Web link:
The Rosengarten Family Fund Home Page
The Herman V. Ames Fund Home Page
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order