This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Connect to resource.
Restricted for use by site license.
- Other title:
- ProQuest History Vault. NAACP papers
History Vault. NAACP papers
Complete NAACP Papers Online
ProQuest History Vault: NAACP Papers 1: Board of Directors, Annual Conferences, Major Speeches, and National Staff Files
ProQuest History Vault: NAACP Papers 2: The NAACP's Major Campaigns, Part 1 Education, Voting, Housing, Employment, Armed Forces
Proquest History Vault: NAACP Papers 3: The NAACP s Major Campaigns, Part 2 Scottsboro, Anti-Lynching, Criminal Justice, Peonage, Labor, and Segregation and Discrimination Complaints and Responses
Proquest History Vault: NAACP Papers 4: The NAACP s Major Campaigns, Part 3 Legal Department Files
Proquest History Vault: NAACP Papers 5: Special Subjects 1912-1972
Proquest History Vault: NAACP Papers 6: Branch Department, Branch Files, and Youth Department Files
- [Ann Arbor, MI] : ProQuest
1 online resource.
Began in 2012.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People -- Archives.
African Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
African Americans -- History -- 1877-1964 -- Sources.
United States -- Race relations -- Sources.
- System details:
- : Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Nearly 2 million digitized pages of internal memos, legal briefings, and direct action summaries from national, legal, and branch offices throughout the country. It charts the NAACP's work and covers issues including: lynching, school desegregation, and discrimination in the military, the criminal justice system, employment, and housing, among others. It provides a comprehensive view of the NAACP's evolution, policies, and achievements from 1909-1970.
- pt. 1. Meetings of the Board of Directors, records of annual conferences, major speeches, and special reports, 1909-1950
pt. 2. Personal correspondence of selected NAACP officials, 1919-1939
pt. 3. Campaign for educational equality.
pt. 4. Voting rights campaign, 1916-1950
pt. 5. Campaign against residential segregation, 1914-1955
pt. 6. Scottsboro case, 1931-1950
pt. 7. Anti-lynching campaign, 1912-1955.
pt. 8. Discrimination in the criminal justice system.
pt. 9. Discrimination in the U.S. armed forces, 1918-1955. General office files on armed forces' affairs, 1918-1955.
pt. 10. Peonage, labor, and the New Deal, 1913-1939
pt. 11. Special subject files, 1912-1939
pt. 12. Selected branch files, 1913-1939.
pt. 13. NAACP and labor, 1940-1955.
pt. 14. Race relations in the international arena, 1940-1955
pt. 15. Segregation and discrimination, complaints and responses, 1940-1955.
pt. 16. Board of directors, correspondence and committee materials.
pt. 17. National staff files, 1940-1955
pt. 18. Special subjects, 1940-1955.
pt. 19. Youth file.
pt. 20. White resistance and reprisals, 1956-1965
pt. 21. NAACP relations with the modern civil rights movement
pt. 22. Legal department administrative files, 1956-1965
pt. 23. Legal Department case files, 1956-1965
pt. 24. Special subjects, 1956-1965.
pt. 25. Branch department files.
pt. 26. Selected branch files, 1940-1955.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Herman V. Ames Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
Rosengarten Family Fund.
Herman V. Ames Fund.
- Other format:
- Also available on microfilm: Papers of the NAACP.
- Web link:
- The Rosengarten Family Fund Home Page
The Herman V. Ames Fund Home Page