This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Houten : HES & De Graaf Publishers, c2011.
Utrechtse historisch-kartografische Studies ; 13.
Research programme Explokart, Utrecht studies in the history of cartography ; 13
724 p. : ill. (some col.), maps (some col.) ; 33 cm.
Cartography -- Netherlands -- History.
Cartography -- Netherlands -- Bibliography.
Russia -- Maps.
Russia -- Maps -- Bibliography.
Poland -- Maps.
Poland -- Maps -- Bibliography.
- English text with introductions, descriptive methodology, and summaries in Russian and Polish.
- This book researches the maps, street maps and city views in Dutch travel literature concerning Russia and Poland between 1550 and 1800. This was and is a popular literary genre of which a large number of publications appeared amongst others on the subject of travels of and business travels. In this publication there will not only be cartobibliographical information but also extensive attention for the books themselves, authors of these books, the many shifting borders of Poland and the relationship between the Netherlands with Russia and Poland.
- "View of Moscow in Reizen over Moskovie by Cornelis de Bruijn, 1711/1714" folded in back pocket.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Beverly Bennett Rutstein CW'50 Fund.
Gestel-van het Schip, Paula van.
Beverly Bennett Rutstein CW'50 Fund.
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
The Beverly Bennett Rutstein CW'50 Fund Home Page
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order