Access, holdings & availability
- Ren, Hongwen, 1964-
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2012.
- Wiley series in pure and applied optics.
Wiley series in pure and applied optics
x, 274 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- "This is the first book to address the fundamental operation principles, device characteristics, and potential applications
of various types of adaptive lenses. Setting out from basic material properties to device structures and performance, this
volume covers solid lens, membrane lens, electro-wetting lens, dielectric lens, mechanical-wetting lens, and liquid crystal
lenses. Potential applications of these adaptive lenses are also investigated, including image processing and zooming, optical
communications, and biomedical imaging. This is an important reference for optical engineers, research scientists, graduate
students and undergraduate seniors"-- Provided by publisher.
"Introduction to Adaptive Lenses is the first book to address the fundamental operation principles, device characteristics, and potential applications of various types of adaptive lenses"-- Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Jessie A. Rodman Fund.
- Wu, Shin-Tson.
Jessie A. Rodman Fund.
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
- The Jessie A. Rodman Fund Home Page