Access, holdings & availability
- Bird, Amelia.
- Other title:
- Walden marginalia
Contents of a dozen shanties
- Rosendale, NY : Women's Studio Workshop, 
1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 24 cm.
- Thoreau, Henry David, 1817-1862. Walden.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) Rosendale.
- "All marginalia in Walden Marginalia were rendered in the artist's hand, conformed to the dimension of the first edition of
Walden, and printed from photopolymer plates on a Vandercook No. 3. The text was hand-set in Scotch roman and Bodoni types,
the closest approximation of those used in the first edition. The paper is Zerkall Book Vellum."-colophon.
"This artist's book examines margin notes found in 12 copies of Walden, while providing commentary on the reading habits of strangers, assumptions about nature writing and learning, and the lingering effects of Thoreau's classic work. By withholding the original text to focus solely on these marks, Walden Marginalia turns the same kind of close attention Thoreau inspired in his readers onto the readers themselves."--Women's Studio Workshop website.
Edition of 50 copies.
Includes "Bibliography of Waldens."
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Ruth and Marvin Sackner Fund for the Arts of the Contemporary Book
Penn Libraries Rare has copy 43.
- Bird, Amelia (autograph)
- Women's Studio Workshop.
Ruth and Marvin Sackner Fund for the Arts of the Contemporary Book Collections.
- Web link:
- The Ruth and Marvin Sackner Fund for the Arts of the Contemporary Book Collections Home Page