This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Besanko, David, 1955-
- 4th ed.
- Hoboken, NJ : John Wiley, c2011.
xxiii, 792 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 27 cm.
- "Business professionals that struggle to understand key concepts in economics and how they are applied in the field rely on Microeconomics. The fourth edition makes the material accessible while helping them build their problem-solving skills. It includes numerous new practice problems and exercises that arm them with a deeper understanding. Learning by Doing exercises explore the theories while boosting overall math skills. Graphs are included throughout the mathematical discussions to reinforce the material. In addition, the balanced approach of rigorous economics gives business professionals a more practical resource."-- Provided by publisher.
- pt. 1. Introduction to microeconomics
Analyzing economic problems
Demand and supply analysis
pt. 2. Consumer theory
Consumer preferences and the concept of utility
The theory of demand
pt. 3. Production and cost theory
Inputs and production functions
Costs and cost minimization
pt. 4. Perfect competition
Perfectly competitive markets
Competitive markets : applications
pt. 5. Market power
Monopoly and monopsony
pt. 6. Imperfect competition and strategic behavior
Market structure and competition
Game theory and strategic behavior
pt. 7. Special topics
Risk and information
General equilibrium theory
Externalities and public goods.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Braeutigam, Ronald R. (Ronald Ray)
Gibbs, Michael, 1962-
Rosengarten Family Fund.
- 9780470563588 (hardback)
- Web link:
- The Rosengarten Family Fund Home Page
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order