This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Cervetti, Nancy, 1947-
- University Park, Pa. : Pennsylvania State University Press, c2012.
Penn State series in the history of the book.
Penn State series in the history of the book
xii, 295 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Physicians -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Biography.
- Medical subjects:
Mitchell, S. Weir (Silas Weir), 1829-1914.
Physicians -- Philadelphia -- Biography.
History, 19th Century -- Philadelphia.
History, 20th Century -- Philadelphia.
Literature -- history -- Philadelphia.
Neurology -- history -- Philadelphia.
- "A biography of Philadelphia physician S. Weir Mitchell. Examines his life and his interactions with many prominent nineteenth-century Americans, including Charlotte Perkins Gilman, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jane Addams, Winifred Howells, Edith Wharton, William Osler, Mary Putnam Jacobi, Walt Whitman, and Andrew Carnegie"--Provided by publisher.
- Family matters
The young physiologist
War's awful harvest
Wind and tide
The apple or the rose
The literary physician
Great doctor, poet, and salmon killer
The new century.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Isaac Norris Library Fund.
- Isaac Norris Library Fund.
- 9780271054032 (cloth : alk. paper)
0271054034 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Web link:
The Isaac Norris Library Fund Home Page
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order