This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Neville, Henry, 1620-1694.
- Other title:
- Newes from the New Exchange, or The commonvvealth of ladies, drawn to the life, in their severall characters and concernments
Newes from the New Exchange
Commonwealth of ladies, drawn to the life, in their severall characters and concernments
- London : [s.n.], Printed in the year, of Women without Grace, 1650.
, 22 p. ; 18 cm. (4to)
- hsnd easo beue rabe (3) 1650 (A)
Women -- England -- London -- Social conditions -- Early works to 1800.
London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 17th century -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- History -- Commonwealth and Protectorate, 1649-1660 -- Humor -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- "Anonymous. By Henry Nevile."--ESTC.
The last two pages are numbered 21 and 22. In one variant, page 21 is numbered 2 and page 22 is unnumbered; in another, page 21 is numbered 21 and page 22 is unnumbered. Cf. ESTC.
Title within ruled border.
Initial and type ornaments.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Martin and Margy Meyerson Endowment Fund for Special Collections.
Penn Libraries copy is variant in which page 21 is numbered 21 and page 22 is unnumbered.
Penn Libraries copy has oval gold-tooled armorial bookplate ("EX MVSAEO HVTHII") of the Huth Library begun by Henry Huth and continued by his son Alfred H. Huth on front pastedown.
Penn Libraries copy has early ms. marginal note in brown ink on leaf A3r.
Penn Libraries copy bound in half calf over marbled boards; spine (much damaged) has brief title and imprint date stamped in gold; several blank leaves inserted at end of volume; all edges yellow.
- Huth Library (bookplate)
- Cited in:
- ESTC R203016
Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) N510
- Martin and Margy Meyerson Endowment Fund for Special Collections.
- Web link:
The Martin and Margy Meyerson Endowment Fund for Special Collections Home Page
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order