This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Facsimile edition
- Peabody, Massachusetts : Hendrickson Publishers Marketing, LLC ; London : The British Library, 2010, ©2010.
2 volume : facsimiles ; 43 cm + 1 reference guide (31 p. ; 28 cm)
- Bible -- Manuscripts, Greek -- Facsimiles.
Codex Sinaiticus (Biblical manuscript)
- Manuscripts, Greek -- Facsimiles.
- Codex Sinaiticus, written in Greek in the fourth century, is the oldest surviving complete New Testament and one of the two oldest manuscripts of the whole Bible. Since 2002, a major international project has been creating an electronic version of the manuscript and this facsimile is based on that project. The facsimile reunites the text, now divided between the British Library, the National Library of Russia, Saint Catherine's Monastery (Mount Sinai) and Leipzig University Library.
- "The printed fascimile of Codex Sinaiticus is based on the digital photographs taken as part of the Codex Sinaiticus Project
at the The British Library in London"--page 5, Reference guide.
In slipcase (45 cm).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Edwin E. Aubrey Memorial Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the James G. Barnwell Fund.
- British Library, issuing body.
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
Edwin E. Aubrey Memorial Fund.
James G. Barnwell Fund.
- Codex Sinaiticus (Biblical manuscript)
- 9781598565775 (Hendrickson Publishing)
159856577X (Hendrickson Publishing)
9780712349987 (British Library)
0712349987 (British Library)
- Web link:
- The Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund Home Page
The Edwin E. Aubrey Memorial Fund Home Page
The James G. Barnwell Fund Home Page