Access, holdings & availability
- Wells, H. G. (Herbert George), 1866-1946.
- Jefferson, NC : McFarland & Co., c1996.
- Wells, H. G. (Herbert George), 1866-1946. Annotated H.G. Wells ; 1.
The annotated H.G. Wells ; 1
xi, 258 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Time travel -- Fiction.
Wells, H. G. (Herbert George), 1866-1946. Time machine.
- Science fiction.
- Introduction: The text ; The Sphinx-question ; The two socialisms ; Eloi and Morlocks ; The two cultures
"The time machine, an invention" (1895) (annotated text of the first London edition)
Appendices: "The chronic argonauts" (1888) ; "The time traveller's story" (March-June 1894) ; Excerpts from "The time machine" (Jan.-May 1895) ; "Mammon," by Walker Glockenhammer (H.G. Wells) ; "The fourth dimension," by E.A. Hamilton-Gordon ; Excerpts from "Evolution and ethics," by T.H. Huxley ; Robert W. Paul on "The time machine" and the history of movies.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Clyde de Loache Ryals Endowed Acquisition Fund.
- Stover, Leon E.
Clyde de Loache Ryals Endowed Acquisition Fund.
- 0786401249 (lib. bdg. : alk. paper)
9780786401246 (lib. bdg. : alk. paper)
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
- The Clyde de Loache Ryals Endowed Acquisition Fund Home Page