Access, holdings & availability
Connect to full text
Restricted for use by site license.
- Nguyen, Triet, 1956-
- Hoboken, N.J. : Bloomberg Press, c2012.
Bloomberg financial series.
Bloomberg financial series
1 online resource (xix, 264 p.) : ill.
Municipal bonds -- United States.
Government securities -- United States.
- Machine generated contents note: Foreword Preface Acknowledgments Chapter 1: The Basics of High-Yield Municipal Bonds What Is A High-Yield Municipal Bond? Common Yield Measurements Key Risk Factors Notes Chapter 2: A Brief History of the High Yield Muni Market Notes Chapter 3: The Investment Case for High Yield Municipals High Yield Municipals vs. Other Asset Classes The Impact of Bond Evaluations Six Basic Tenets of High Yield Municipal Investing Chapter 4: High Yield Credit Risk Revisited: The Default Record Definitions of Default Default Record for Rated Bonds Default Record for Unrated Bonds Recent Default and Impairment Statistics Recovery Rates Lessons from Historical Default Record Notes Chapter 5: Professionally-Managed High Yield Municipal Products Actively Managed Products Passively Managed Products Notes References Chapter 6: Investing In Individual Bonds (Richard Daskin, CFA, CFP) A Few Preliminary Considerations Investing in the Primary or New Issue Market Investing in the Secondary Market Executing Trades in the Secondary Market Monitoring Your Holdings Chapter 7: Investing In Distressed Bonds The Distressed Municipal Universe The Theory and Practice of Distressed Municipal Investing Notes Chapter 8: Case Studies Distressed Opportunity: National Benevolent Association Fallen Angel: Denver International Airport Notes Chapter 9: Managing Bond Defaults and Bankruptcies (Kenji Mochizuki, CIRA) Nine Differences between Chapter 9 and 11 Bondholders' Rights and Remedies in Workouts Accounting Issues Related to Chapter 9 References Chapter 10: Common Types of High Yield Municipal Bonds (Patrick Flanagan, James Lyman, Keith Rochelli, and Ken Rogozinski) Corporate-Backed Municipal Bonds Hospital Revenue Bonds Toll Road Bonds Housing Bonds Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC) Bonds Notes Chapter 11: Special Types of High Yield Municipal Bonds (Richard Larkin and Shannan Wilson) Tobacco Settlement Bonds Land-Secured Bonds Notes References Chapter 12: Up-And-Coming High Yield Sectors (Jon Barasch, Edward Krauss, Jeffrey Lamb, Matt Eden, and Melissa Robertson) Charter School Bonds Native American Gaming Bonds Chapter 13: High Yield Investing in the Post-Bond Insurance Era Learning from History Prospects for Tax Reform The New Compliance Landscape New Credit Opportunities Advances in Trading and Price Discovery Technology Buy American! Appendix: The Dodd-Frank Act and the Municipal Market (Kenjo Mochizuki) Regulation of Municipal Securities Changes to the Board of the MSRB Commission Office of Municipal Securities Municipal Securities Studies References About the Author About the Contributors Index.
Investing in the High Yield Municipal Market: How to Profit from the Current Municipal Credit Crisis and Earn Attractive Tax-Exempt Interest Income; Contents; Foreword; Preface; Acknowledgments; Chapter 1: The Basics of High Yield Municipal Bonds; What Is a High Yield Municipal Bond?; Common Yield Measurements; Current Yield; Yield-to-Worst; Yield-to-Average-Life; Taxable Equivalent Yield; Key Risk Factors; Interest Rate Risk; Credit Risk; Liquidity Risk; Reinvestment Risk; Legal Risk; Political Risk; Taxability Risk; Notes; Chapter 2: A Brief History of the High Yield Muni Market.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Palo Alto, Calif. Available via World Wide Web.
Description based on online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on Mar. 7, 2013).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Simon Nelson Patten Fund.
Simon Nelson Patten Fund.
- Other format:
- Print version: Nguyen, Triet, 1956- Investing in the high yield municipal market
- 9781118226995 (electronic bk.)
1118226992 (electronic bk.)
9781118240113 (electronic bk.)
1118240111 (electronic bk.)
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
The Simon Nelson Patten Fund Home Page