This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
Connect to full text
Restricted for use by site license.
- Stein, Daniel, 1975-
- Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, c2012.
Jazz perspectives (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
1 online resource (viii, 349 p.) : ill.
Armstrong, Louis, 1901-1971.
Jazz musicians -- United States -- Biography.
Jazz -- History and criticism.
- "Music is my life, and I love to play" : Louis Armstrong's jazz autobiographics
"I have always been a great observer" : New Orleans musicking
"I done forgot the words" : versioning autobiography
"Diddat come outa mee?" : writing scat and typing swing
"A happy go lucky sort of type of fellow" : the productive ambiguities of minstrel sounding
"He didn't need black face
to be funny" : the double resonance of postcolonial performance
"My mission is music" : Armstrong's cultural politics
"What do you know about that?" : final thoughts on 'Laughin' Louie.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Palo Alto, Calif. Available via World Wide Web.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Hilda A. Wurtman Memorial Fund.
Hilda A. Wurtman Memorial Fund.
- Other format:
- Print version: Stein, Daniel, 1975- Music is my life.
- 0472028502 (electronic bk.)
9780472028504 (electronic bk.)
9780472071807 (cloth : alk. paper)
0472071807 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780472051809 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0472051806 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
The Hilda A. Wurtman Memorial Fund Home Page