Access, holdings & availability
Connect to full text
Restricted for use by site license.
- Rudinow, Joel.
- Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, c2010.
1 online resource (xiii, 250 p.)
African Americans -- Music -- History and criticism.
Soul music -- History and criticism.
Blues (Music) -- History and criticism.
Music -- Religious aspects.
Music and philosophy.
- What is soul? (And what is soul music?)
The "Devil's music" (Can music be evil?)
Between Saturday night and Sunday morning (The dark night of the soul)
Blue notes and Greek philosophy (Pythagoras, Plato, and spiritual intonation)
Bio-rhythms (From formalism to somaesthetics)
Fake it till you feel it (Race, ethnicity, authenticity in performance)
Speaking in tongues (Isn't this all too Straussian?)
Music as a healing art (Music and medicine, body and soul).
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Palo Alto, Calif. Available via World Wide Web.
Description based on print version record.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Hilda A. Wurtman Memorial Fund.
Hilda A. Wurtman Memorial Fund.
- Other format:
- Print version: Rudinow, Joel. Soul music.
- 9780472022793 (electronic bk.)
0472022792 (electronic bk.)
9780472071081 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780472051083 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
The Hilda A. Wurtman Memorial Fund Home Page