Access, holdings & availability
- Nazarov, Yuli V., author.
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2013.
xiv, 354 pages : illustrations, 25 cm
- Quantum theory -- Textbooks.
- "An accessible introduction to advanced quantum theory, this graduate-level textbook focuses on its practical applications rather than mathematical technicalities. It treats real-life examples, from topics ranging from quantum transport to nanotechnology, to equip students with a toolbox of theoretical techniques"-- Provided by publisher.
- Machine generated contents note: Part I. Second Quantization: 1. Elementary quantum mechanics; 2. Identical particles; 3. Second quantization; Part II. Examples: 4. Magnetism; 5. Superconductivity; 6. Superfluidity; Part III. Fields and Radiation: 7. Classical fields; 8. Quantization of fields; 9. Radiation and matter; 10. Coherent states; Part IV. Dissipative Quantum Mechanics: 11. Dissipative quantum mechanics; 12. Transitions and dissipation; Part V. Relativistic Quantum Mechanics: 13. Relativistic quantum mechanics; Index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Edith E. Clark Endowment Fund.
- Danon, Jeroen, 1977- author.
Edith E. Clark Endowment Fund.
- 9780521761505 (hardback)
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
- The Edith E. Clark Endowment Fund Home Page