This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Mazzoleni, Ilaria.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 2013.
- Biomimetics series.
xxii, 242 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Architecture and biology.
- "Biology influences design projects in many ways; the related impact is known as biomimetics or biomimicry. Investigating the animal kingdom as a source of inspiration, this book focuses on the analysis of various animal skins, translating the learned principles into the built environment. Skin is a complex organ that performs various functions; similarly, building envelopes serve multiple roles as interfaces between building inhabitants and environmental elements. The resulting architectural building coverings take into consideration dynamic local environmental conditions. The text illustrates how supporting biomimetic principles can create a more sustainable way of building and living"-- Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rudolph G. Schmieder Fund.
- Price, Shauna.
Rudolph G. Schmieder Fund.
- 9781466506077 (hbk.)
- Web link:
- The Rudolph G. Schmieder Fund Home Page
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order