Access, holdings & availability
- Weekes, Ursula.
- Other title:
- Master of the Berlin passion and manuscripts from convents in the Rhine-Maas region, ca. 1450-1500
- [London] : Harvey Miller, c2004.
384 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 31 cm.
- Master of the Berlin Passion, 15th cent.
Wood-engraving, German -- History.
Wood-engraving, Flemish -- History.
Wood-engraving, Renaissance -- History.
Engraving, German -- Rhine River Valley -- 15th century.
Engraving, Flemish -- Meuse River Valley -- 15th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval -- Rhine River Valley.
Manuscripts, Medieval -- Meuse River Valley.
- Weekes' book examines the production and reception of engraving and metal-cuts in the Rhine-Maas region, focusing particularly on the work of the Master of the Berlin Passion and the engravers in his ambit.
- The printmakers. The Master of the Berlin passion and his circle ; The production of small religious engravings and metalcuts
for the manuscript market
The manuscripts. Engravings and metalcuts in a vernacular prayerbook for the feasts of the church year : Rés Ea 6, Paris, Bibliothèque nationale ; Devotional prayerbooks with engraved cycles of the Life of Christ and the Passion ; Replacing the miniature : engravings in vernacular books of hours from Arnhem ; Sewing in meaning: engravings stitched into a book of hours from Brabant: series nova 12715, Vienna, Österreichische Nationalbibliothek.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 331-342) and indexes.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Albert C. Baugh Book Fund.
- Albert C. Baugh Book Fund.
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
- The Albert C. Baugh Book Fund Home Page