Access, holdings & availability
- Connect to full text
Restricted for use by site license.
- New York : Russell Sage Foundation, c2009.
1 online resource (x, 354 p.) : ill.
- Prisons -- United States.
Prison administration -- United States.
Corrections -- United States.
- Why are so many Americans in prison? / Steven Raphael and Michael A. Stoll
The origins of mass incarceration in New York State : the Rockefeller drug laws and the local war on drugs / David F. Weiman and Christopher Weiss
The impact of prison on crime / Shawn D. Bushway and Raymond Paternoster
The people prisons make : the effects of incarceration on criminal psychology / Amy E. Lerman
Ever-increasing levels of parental incarceration and the consequences for children / Rucker C. Johnson
Footing the bill : causes and budgetary consequences of state spending on corrections / John W. Ellwood and Joshua Guetzkow
Collateral costs : effects of incarceration on employment and earnings among young workers / Harry J. Holzer
Assessing the relative benefits of incarceration : overall changes and the benefits on the margin / John J. Donohue III.
- Description based on print version record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Baltimore, MD Available via World Wide Web.
Description based on print version record.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Althea Hottel and Abraham S. Hottel, Jr. Fund.
- Raphael, Steven, 1968-
Stoll, Michael A.
Althea Hottel and Abraham S. Hottel, Jr. Fund.
- 1610444655 (electronic bk.)
9781610444651 (electronic bk.)
0871548607 (alk. paper)
9780871548603 (alk. paper)
- Publisher no.:
- Web link:
- The Althea Hottel and Abraham S. Hottel, Jr. Fund Home Page