How to Borrow a Film
NB: If you plan to borrow a film, be sure to check location and availability before making your choice.
VCat displays the current circulation status of films
Films listed as Available:
Note the following information:
- Location - videos are shelved in a number of locations on campus.
- Format (DVD, VHS, or other)
- Call Number
- Films listed as Checked Out. It is possible to place a hold on a film that is checked out by clicking on the hold request link within the VCat record. You will receive an email when the film is available for pick-up. It will be held for you for three days.
- Films listed as In Process or In Marking Process. A film with this status is in process of being added to the collection. To expedite processing, use the delivery request link within the VCat record. You will receive an email when the film is available for pick-up. It will be held for you for three days.
- Films listed as On Hold. A film listed with this status has been requested by a patron and will be held in that person's name for 3 days. If a film is not checked out within that time, the circulation status will revert to Available
Bring this information to the service desk at the appropriate location, complete a request form, and staff will retrieve your films.
Films located at Storage may be requested via the delivery request link within the VCat record.