Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Date: 1950-2000
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • NextLast »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 25 out of 2600  
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections Manuscripts Division One Washington Road Princeton, New Jersey 08544 USA [Contact Us]
1892-1971
(Bulk: 1967-1968)
Extent: 2.1 linear feet (5 archival boxes)
The "Literary Landmarks of Princeton" Exhibition Collection consists of author files and miscellaneous materials related to the "Literary Landmarks of Princeton" exhibition curated by Alfred L. Bush in 1967. The exhibition chronicled works of fiction, drama, and poetry written in Princeton by over 100 authors from the early 18th century to the mid-1960s. (View full finding aid.)
title
"Literary Landmarks of Princeton" Exhibition Collection
creator
id
C0939
repository
extent
2.1 linear feet (5 archival boxes)
inclusive date
1892-1971
bulk date
1967-1968
abstract/scope/contents
The "Literary Landmarks of Princeton" Exhibition Collection consists of author files and miscellaneous materials related to the "Literary Landmarks of Princeton" exhibition curated by Alfred L. Bush in 1967. The exhibition chronicled works of fiction, drama, and poetry written in Princeton by over 100 authors from the early 18th century to the mid-1960s.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections Manuscripts Division One Washington Road Princeton, New Jersey 08544 USA [Contact Us]
1957
Extent: 0.2 linear feet (1 half-size archival box)
Contains the autograph manuscript and typed manuscript of Leslie A. Fiedler's short story "Nude Croquet." Also included is a screenplay and an outline of action for a film version of the story. (View full finding aid.)
title
"Nude Croquet," Short Story by Leslie A. Fiedler with related material
creator
id
C0156
repository
extent
0.2 linear feet (1 half-size archival box)
inclusive date
1957
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Contains the autograph manuscript and typed manuscript of Leslie A. Fiedler's short story "Nude Croquet." Also included is a screenplay and an outline of action for a film version of the story.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library. Princeton University Archives. 65 Olden Street Princeton, New Jersey 08540 USA [Contact Us]
1859-1989
Extent: 1.3 linear feet (two archival boxes, one 16 x 20 x 3 oversize box)
This collection contains early scores and lyrics to Princeton University's alma mater "Old Nassau" as well as information about the song and the men who created it. (View full finding aid.)
title
"Old Nassau" Collection
creator
id
AC051
repository
extent
1.3 linear feet (two archival boxes, one 16 x 20 x 3 oversize box)
inclusive date
1859-1989
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
This collection contains early scores and lyrics to Princeton University's alma mater "Old Nassau" as well as information about the song and the men who created it.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Philadelphia History Museum [Contact Us]
1918-1975
Creator:
Rockwell, Norman, 1894-1978
Extent: 2.5 linear feet
The Saturday Evening Post was first published on August 4, 1821 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as a weekly magazine. In 1897, the magazine was purchased by the Curtis Publishing Company. From 1916 to the 1960s, Norman Rockwell (1894-1978) created over 300 paintings for use as Post covers, contributing to his reputation as one of America's favorite native-born artists. The "Saturday Evening Post" covers by Norman Rockwell, 1918-1975, consist of over 300 covers of the Saturday Evening Post featuring Rockwell's illustrations. (View full finding aid.)
title
"Saturday Evening Post" covers by Norman Rockwell
creator
Rockwell, Norman, 1894-1978
id
PHM.23
repository
extent
2.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1918-1975
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Saturday Evening Post was first published on August 4, 1821 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as a weekly magazine. In 1897, the magazine was purchased by the Curtis Publishing Company. From 1916 to the 1960s, Norman Rockwell (1894-1978) created over 300 paintings for use as Post covers, contributing to his reputation as one of America's favorite native-born artists. The "Saturday Evening Post" covers by Norman Rockwell, 1918-1975, consist of over 300 covers of the Saturday Evening Post featuring Rockwell's illustrations.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
University of Pennsylvania: Biddle Law Library: American Law Institute Archives [Contact Us]
1950-1983
Creator:
American Law Institute-American Bar Association Committee on Continuing Professional Education
Extent: 11.75 linear feet
"The Practical Lawyer" was first printed in 1955 by ALI-ABA, the American Law Institute and American Bar Association joint establishment that provides continuing legal education to law professionals. The periodical focuses on educating professionals about issues related to commercial and corporate law, litigation, tax and estate planning, and real estate. The collection, 1950-1983, includes records relating to the creation, management, and operations of the magazine. The majority of the files are correspondence, printed and rejected articles, and subject files relating to different aspects of "The Practical Lawyer." (View full finding aid.)
title
"The Practical Lawyer" Editorial Office Files
creator
American Law Institute-American Bar Association Committee on Continuing Professional Education
id
PU-L.ALI.05.001
repository
extent
11.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1950-1983
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
"The Practical Lawyer" was first printed in 1955 by ALI-ABA, the American Law Institute and American Bar Association joint establishment that provides continuing legal education to law professionals. The periodical focuses on educating professionals about issues related to commercial and corporate law, litigation, tax and estate planning, and real estate. The collection, 1950-1983, includes records relating to the creation, management, and operations of the magazine. The majority of the files are correspondence, printed and rejected articles, and subject files relating to different aspects of "The Practical Lawyer."
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
University of Pennsylvania: Penn Museum Archives [Contact Us]
1950-1975
(Bulk: 1950-1966)
Creator:
Rainey, Froelich, Director of the University Museum
Extent: 2.91 linear feet
title
"What in the World" television program records
creator
Rainey, Froelich, Director of the University Museum
id
PU-Mu. 0039
repository
extent
2.91 linear feet
inclusive date
1950-1975
bulk date
1950-1966
abstract/scope/contents
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
1st Regiment Infantry Museum [Contact Us]
1812-1970
Creator:
Pennsylvania. Army National Guard. 1st Infantry Regiment.
Extent: 16 linear feet
The First Regiment Infantry, Pennsylvania, or "The Dandy First," is considered by some to be the oldest continuously existing troop in the United States National Guard, and the only existing Pennsylvania unit that served in the Continental Army. The unit, which today is known as the 103rd Engineer Battalion, Pennsylvania Army National Guard, has fought in nearly every major American battle beginning with the Revolutionary War. The 1st Regiment Infantry, Pennsylvania records, 1812-1970, consist of about 100 record books of the regiment and its predecessor and successor units, as well as several photograph albums and scrapbooks. (View full finding aid.)
title
1st Regiment Infantry, Pennsylvania records
creator
Pennsylvania. Army National Guard. 1st Infantry Regiment.
id
1R.02
repository
extent
16 linear feet
inclusive date
1812-1970
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The First Regiment Infantry, Pennsylvania, or "The Dandy First," is considered by some to be the oldest continuously existing troop in the United States National Guard, and the only existing Pennsylvania unit that served in the Continental Army. The unit, which today is known as the 103rd Engineer Battalion, Pennsylvania Army National Guard, has fought in nearly every major American battle beginning with the Revolutionary War. The 1st Regiment Infantry, Pennsylvania records, 1812-1970, consist of about 100 record books of the regiment and its predecessor and successor units, as well as several photograph albums and scrapbooks.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Free Library of Philadelphia: Rare Book Department [Contact Us]
1808-1966
(Bulk: 1892-1941)
Creator:
Newton, A. Edward (Alfred Edward), 1864-1940, Author
Newton, E. Swift (Edward Swift), Compiler
Extent: 8 linear feet
This collection consists of the personal and professional papers of Philadelphia book collector A. Edward Newton (1864-1940). The bulk of the materials are book manuscripts, correspondence, keepsakes, and newspaper clippings, with published volumes cataloged separately. The collection relates to his book collecting activities and was primarily compiled by his son, E. Swift Newton, with additional material given by various donors. (View full finding aid.)
title
A. Edward Newton collection
creator
Newton, A. Edward (Alfred Edward), 1864-1940, Author Newton, E. Swift (Edward Swift), Compiler
id
FLP.RBD.NEWTON
repository
extent
8 linear feet
inclusive date
1808-1966
bulk date
1892-1941
abstract/scope/contents
This collection consists of the personal and professional papers of Philadelphia book collector A. Edward Newton (1864-1940). The bulk of the materials are book manuscripts, correspondence, keepsakes, and newspaper clippings, with published volumes cataloged separately. The collection relates to his book collecting activities and was primarily compiled by his son, E. Swift Newton, with additional material given by various donors.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
University of Pennsylvania: Penn Museum Archives [Contact Us]
1951-1961
Creator:
Eyman, Frances, 1921-1949
Extent: 1.2 linear foot
A.(Alice) Frances Eyman, Assistant Curator and Keeper of the American section of the Penn Museum was educated at Oberlin College and the University of Pennsylvania (B.A.) and did graduate work at Columbia and the University of New Mexico. While at the University of New Mexico, Eyman participated in archaeological field work with the Navajo. Eyman taught as a part of the education departments of both the American Museum of Natural History and the Penn Museum. Her special interest involved American Indian objects and how they fill the gap in the ethnology of the native people. The American Section records of A. Frances Eyman consist of three boxes of information. The collection is divided into three series; correspondence, notes and writings/manuscripts. (View full finding aid.)
title
A. Frances Eyman American Section records
creator
Eyman, Frances, 1921-1949
id
PU-Mu. 0049
repository
extent
1.2 linear foot
inclusive date
1951-1961
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
A.(Alice) Frances Eyman, Assistant Curator and Keeper of the American section of the Penn Museum was educated at Oberlin College and the University of Pennsylvania (B.A.) and did graduate work at Columbia and the University of New Mexico. While at the University of New Mexico, Eyman participated in archaeological field work with the Navajo. Eyman taught as a part of the education departments of both the American Museum of Natural History and the Penn Museum. Her special interest involved American Indian objects and how they fill the gap in the ethnology of the native people. The American Section records of A. Frances Eyman consist of three boxes of information. The collection is divided into three series; correspondence, notes and writings/manuscripts.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library. Public Policy Papers. 65 Olden Street Princeton, New Jersey 08540 USA [Contact Us]
1936-1961
Extent: 1.38 linear feet (2 boxes)
A. Frederick Gerstell is a member of the Princeton University Class of 1960. The collection is composed of mostly World War II-era correspondence, photographs, and ephemera collected by Gerstell. (View full finding aid.)
title
A. Frederick Gerstell Collection of Military Materials
creator
id
MC286
repository
extent
1.38 linear feet (2 boxes)
inclusive date
1936-1961
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
A. Frederick Gerstell is a member of the Princeton University Class of 1960. The collection is composed of mostly World War II-era correspondence, photographs, and ephemera collected by Gerstell.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections Manuscripts Division One Washington Road Princeton, New Jersey 08544 USA [Contact Us]
1910-1993
(Bulk: 1910-1929)
Extent: 0.2 linear feet (1 half-size archival box)
Consists of selected manuscripts, correspondence, and documents of the twentieth-century British biographer and bibliophile A. J. A. Symons. (View full finding aid.)
title
A. J. A. Symons collection
creator
id
C1301
repository
extent
0.2 linear feet (1 half-size archival box)
inclusive date
1910-1993
bulk date
1910-1929
abstract/scope/contents
Consists of selected manuscripts, correspondence, and documents of the twentieth-century British biographer and bibliophile A. J. A. Symons.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of Montgomery County [Contact Us]
1868-1966
(Bulk: 1868-1913)
Creator:
A. K. Shearer & Son.
Extent: 8 linear feet
Abel K. Shearer started a lumber company in North Wales, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania in 1861. The A. K. Shearer Lumber Company was still active as of 2012. The A. K. Shearer & Son Lumber Company records, 1868-1966 [bulk 1868-1913], are comprised of daybooks, ledgers, and cashbooks. (View full finding aid.)
title
A. K. Shearer & Son records
creator
A. K. Shearer & Son.
id
HSMC.27
repository
extent
8 linear feet
inclusive date
1868-1966
bulk date
1868-1913
abstract/scope/contents
Abel K. Shearer started a lumber company in North Wales, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania in 1861. The A. K. Shearer Lumber Company was still active as of 2012. The A. K. Shearer & Son Lumber Company records, 1868-1966 [bulk 1868-1913], are comprised of daybooks, ledgers, and cashbooks.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
University of Pennsylvania: Biddle Law Library: Manuscripts Collection [Contact Us]
1935-1996
Creator:
Levin, A. Leo, 1919-
Extent: 30 linear feet
A. Leo Levin, born in 1919 received his B.A. from Yeshiva University in 1939. He attended the University of Pennsylvania Law School and received his J.D. in 1942. Levin then took his first teaching job at the University of Iowa where he taught for two years before returning to his alma mater Penn Law School. Levin taught at Penn Law until his appointment as Director of the Federal Judicial Center in 1977. Levin participated in numerous legal professional organizations such as the American Bar Association, the Association of American Law Schools and the Order of the Coif. Levin also served on a number of high profile judiciary committees such as the Legislative Reapportionment Committee from 1971-1973, the Commission on Revision of the Federal Court Appellate System from 1973-1975, and the Civil Justice Reform Act Advisory Group. Levin produced or contributed to a number of publications related to the law including Dispatch and Delay: A Field Study of Judicial Administration in Pennsylvania with Edward A. Woolley and Cases and Materials on Civil Procedure with James H. Chadbourn. Levin's interests were not limited solely to the law as evidenced by his active role in the Jewish Community serving on numerous boards of Jewish centric organizations such as the Jewish Exponent, a weekly newspaper published in Philadelphia, the Jewish Federation of Jewish Agencies and the Jewish Publication Society. (View full finding aid.)
title
A. Leo Levin Papers
creator
Levin, A. Leo, 1919-
id
PU-L.MSS.015
repository
extent
30 linear feet
inclusive date
1935-1996
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
A. Leo Levin, born in 1919 received his B.A. from Yeshiva University in 1939. He attended the University of Pennsylvania Law School and received his J.D. in 1942. Levin then took his first teaching job at the University of Iowa where he taught for two years before returning to his alma mater Penn Law School. Levin taught at Penn Law until his appointment as Director of the Federal Judicial Center in 1977. Levin participated in numerous legal professional organizations such as the American Bar Association, the Association of American Law Schools and the Order of the Coif. Levin also served on a number of high profile judiciary committees such as the Legislative Reapportionment Committee from 1971-1973, the Commission on Revision of the Federal Court Appellate System from 1973-1975, and the Civil Justice Reform Act Advisory Group. Levin produced or contributed to a number of publications related to the law including Dispatch and Delay: A Field Study of Judicial Administration in Pennsylvania with Edward A. Woolley and Cases and Materials on Civil Procedure with James H. Chadbourn. Levin's interests were not limited solely to the law as evidenced by his active role in the Jewish Community serving on numerous boards of Jewish centric organizations such as the Jewish Exponent, a weekly newspaper published in Philadelphia, the Jewish Federation of Jewish Agencies and the Jewish Publication Society.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Phoenixville Area [Contact Us]
1862-1968
Creator:
A.C. Bishop Funeral Home
Extent: 1.25 linear feet
The A.C. Bishop Funeral Home, located in Phoenixville, Chester County, Pennsylvania, was owned and operated by three generations of the Bishop family. George M. Bishop (1836-1914) ran the business from 1862 until his death in 1914, when his son, Alonzo C. Bishop (1858-1949), took over. A.C. Bishop's sons, Francis A. and Cooper T. Bishop, succeeded their father as proprietors. The business was very successful, operating for over 100 years. The A.C Bishop Funeral Home registers, 1862-1968, consist of over 30 funeral home registers and coffin records, 1862-1911 and 1931-1968, that provide names of decedents and often biographical information. (View full finding aid.)
title
A.C. Bishop Funeral Home registers
creator
A.C. Bishop Funeral Home
id
HSPA.10
repository
extent
1.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1862-1968
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The A.C. Bishop Funeral Home, located in Phoenixville, Chester County, Pennsylvania, was owned and operated by three generations of the Bishop family. George M. Bishop (1836-1914) ran the business from 1862 until his death in 1914, when his son, Alonzo C. Bishop (1858-1949), took over. A.C. Bishop's sons, Francis A. and Cooper T. Bishop, succeeded their father as proprietors. The business was very successful, operating for over 100 years. The A.C Bishop Funeral Home registers, 1862-1968, consist of over 30 funeral home registers and coffin records, 1862-1911 and 1931-1968, that provide names of decedents and often biographical information.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Newtown Historic Association [Contact Us]
1918-2003
(Bulk: 1918-1922)
Creator:
A.W. and W.M. Watson Lumber Company.
Extent: 2.75 linear feet
A.W. and W.M. Watson Lumber Company was founded in Newtown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania in 1872. The company was acquired by Frost Lumber in 1953 and became Frost-Watson Lumber Corporation. The A.W. and W.M. Watson Company mill work order forms, 1918-2003 (bulk 1918-1922), consist of two large volumes of mill work order forms, 1918-1922, as well as several items of ephemera. (View full finding aid.)
title
A.W. and W.M. Watson Lumber Company mill work order forms
creator
A.W. and W.M. Watson Lumber Company.
id
NHA.16
repository
extent
2.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1918-2003
bulk date
1918-1922
abstract/scope/contents
A.W. and W.M. Watson Lumber Company was founded in Newtown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania in 1872. The company was acquired by Frost Lumber in 1953 and became Frost-Watson Lumber Corporation. The A.W. and W.M. Watson Company mill work order forms, 1918-2003 (bulk 1918-1922), consist of two large volumes of mill work order forms, 1918-1922, as well as several items of ephemera.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections Manuscripts Division One Washington Road Princeton, New Jersey 08544 USA [Contact Us]
1930-1984
Extent: 9.7 linear feet (27 full-size archival boxes, 2 half-size boxes and 1 oversize flat case)
Contains manuscripts for 47 mystery novels written by American detective fiction writer Aaron Marc Stein. (View full finding aid.)
title
Aaron Marc Stein Mystery Novels
creator
id
C0255
repository
extent
9.7 linear feet (27 full-size archival boxes, 2 half-size boxes and 1 oversize flat case)
inclusive date
1930-1984
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Contains manuscripts for 47 mystery novels written by American detective fiction writer Aaron Marc Stein.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections Manuscripts Division One Washington Road Princeton, New Jersey 08544 USA [Contact Us]
1958-1993
Extent: 0.4 linear feet (1 archival box)
Consists of letters received (1958-1974) by Peruvian author Abelardo Oquendo. (View full finding aid.)
title
Abelardo Oquendo Correspondence
creator
id
C0778
repository
extent
0.4 linear feet (1 archival box)
inclusive date
1958-1993
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Consists of letters received (1958-1974) by Peruvian author Abelardo Oquendo.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1925-2002
Creator:
Abington Civic Club.
Extent: 7.5 linear feet
The Abington Civic Club was organized in 1925 by local women as the Highlands Farm Civic Club, "hoping to better conditions in our community and to establish neighborly relations among the residents." The Abington Civic Club records, 1925-2002, consist of minutes, financial records, scrapbooks, yearbooks, and newsletters. (View full finding aid.)
title
Abington Civic Club records
creator
Abington Civic Club.
id
OYR.2003.128
repository
extent
7.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1925-2002
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Abington Civic Club was organized in 1925 by local women as the Highlands Farm Civic Club, "hoping to better conditions in our community and to establish neighborly relations among the residents." The Abington Civic Club records, 1925-2002, consist of minutes, financial records, scrapbooks, yearbooks, and newsletters.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1803-1988
Creator:
Abington Library Society.
Extent: 0.2 linear feet
The Abington Library Society was established in 1803 as a subscription library. In 1908 it purchased the Jenkinstown Lyceum building on Old York Road and, after major remodeling, opened its doors there in 1910. The Abington Library Society continues as the governing body of the Jenkintown Library, still located in the 1910 building as of 2015. The Abington Library Society miscellaneous records, 1803-1988, include extracts of minutes, financial records, and records of books. (View full finding aid.)
title
Abington Library Society miscellaneous records
creator
Abington Library Society.
id
OYR.2004.21
repository
extent
0.2 linear feet
inclusive date
1803-1988
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Abington Library Society was established in 1803 as a subscription library. In 1908 it purchased the Jenkinstown Lyceum building on Old York Road and, after major remodeling, opened its doors there in 1910. The Abington Library Society continues as the governing body of the Jenkintown Library, still located in the 1910 building as of 2015. The Abington Library Society miscellaneous records, 1803-1988, include extracts of minutes, financial records, and records of books.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1956-1971
(Bulk: 1968-1971)
Creator:
Abington Township Public Library (Pa.).
Extent: 0.75 linear feet
The Abington Township Public Library was established in 1966. The Abington Township Public Library Board records, 1956-1971, consist of minutes, correspondence, and financial records. (View full finding aid.)
title
Abington Township Public Library board records
creator
Abington Township Public Library (Pa.).
id
OYR.2004.013
repository
extent
0.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1956-1971
bulk date
1968-1971
abstract/scope/contents
The Abington Township Public Library was established in 1966. The Abington Township Public Library Board records, 1956-1971, consist of minutes, correspondence, and financial records.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
University of Pennsylvania: Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies [Contact Us]
1910-1966
(Bulk: 1940-1960)
Extent: 90 linear feet (91 boxes)
title
Abraham A. Neuman Papers
creator
id
CJS.ARC MS 43
repository
extent
90 linear feet (91 boxes)
inclusive date
1910-1966
bulk date
1940-1960
abstract/scope/contents
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Temple University Libraries Special Collections Research Center [Contact Us]
1850-2011
(Bulk: 1938-1971)
Creator:
Freedman, Abraham L., 1904-1971
Extent: 45 linear feet
The Honorable Abraham L. Freedman, a long-time attorney and later judge, was an influential civic leader in Philadelphia’s movements towards political and civic reform in the 1940s and 1950s. As a staunch Democrat, Freedman’s career highlights include helping draft a new charter for the city of Philadelphia (and later serving as city solicitor under the newly instated charter), extensive work as an anti-discrimination advocate for racial and ethnic minorities, and federal judicial appointments with the United States District Court and the United States Court of Appeals. This collection, which dates from 1850 to 2011, with bulk dates of 1938 to 1971, consists of correspondence, case files, logs, research, memoranda, writings, speeches, reports, manuscripts, and clippings evidencing the workings of city and state government, especially during the period of the City-County Consolidation. Additionally, the records document social turmoil regarding race relations in Philadelphia, and the efforts of civic associations to change the social climate and opinions on various ethnic and cultural groups. The collection provides an in-depth view of how Philadelphia politics and changes in government shaped the city into what it is today, as well as uniquely documenting the cultural climate in Philadelphia at the time. (View full finding aid.)
title
Abraham L. Freedman papers
creator
Freedman, Abraham L., 1904-1971
id
TUPJAC.001
repository
extent
45 linear feet
inclusive date
1850-2011
bulk date
1938-1971
abstract/scope/contents
The Honorable Abraham L. Freedman, a long-time attorney and later judge, was an influential civic leader in Philadelphia’s movements towards political and civic reform in the 1940s and 1950s. As a staunch Democrat, Freedman’s career highlights include helping draft a new charter for the city of Philadelphia (and later serving as city solicitor under the newly instated charter), extensive work as an anti-discrimination advocate for racial and ethnic minorities, and federal judicial appointments with the United States District Court and the United States Court of Appeals. This collection, which dates from 1850 to 2011, with bulk dates of 1938 to 1971, consists of correspondence, case files, logs, research, memoranda, writings, speeches, reports, manuscripts, and clippings evidencing the workings of city and state government, especially during the period of the City-County Consolidation. Additionally, the records document social turmoil regarding race relations in Philadelphia, and the efforts of civic associations to change the social climate and opinions on various ethnic and cultural groups. The collection provides an in-depth view of how Philadelphia politics and changes in government shaped the city into what it is today, as well as uniquely documenting the cultural climate in Philadelphia at the time.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Drexel University: Archives and Special Collections [Contact Us]
c. 1910-1994
(Bulk: 1938-1991)
Extent: 2.17 cubic feet
This collection consists of photographs of Drexel University academic departments or programs and related colleges, locations, and other subjects. (View full finding aid.)
title
Academics photographs
creator
id
PC.00.011
repository
extent
2.17 cubic feet
inclusive date
c. 1910-1994
bulk date
1938-1991
abstract/scope/contents
This collection consists of photographs of Drexel University academic departments or programs and related colleges, locations, and other subjects.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia [Contact Us]
1925-1990
(Bulk: 1976-1989)
Creator:
Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia.
Extent: 11.5 linear feet (12 containers)
The Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (ANSP) is a natural history museum which was founded in 1812, “for the encouragement and cultivation of the sciences, and the advancement of useful learning.” The ANSP Board of Trustees, was established in 1925, as one of the institution’s primary administrative bodies. The Board of Trustees was charged with establishing financial policies, selecting the Academy President, assisting with fund raising and community relations, and serving as a board of review. This collection of Trustees records dating from 1925 to 1990 contains minutes and correspondence of various Board committees, policies and procedures, departmental activity reports, annual meetings and files from the President's office related to board matters. (View full finding aid.)
title
Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia Board of Trustees records
creator
Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia.
id
ANSP.2010.009
repository
extent
11.5 linear feet (12 containers)
inclusive date
1925-1990
bulk date
1976-1989
abstract/scope/contents
The Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (ANSP) is a natural history museum which was founded in 1812, “for the encouragement and cultivation of the sciences, and the advancement of useful learning.” The ANSP Board of Trustees, was established in 1925, as one of the institution’s primary administrative bodies. The Board of Trustees was charged with establishing financial policies, selecting the Academy President, assisting with fund raising and community relations, and serving as a board of review. This collection of Trustees records dating from 1925 to 1990 contains minutes and correspondence of various Board committees, policies and procedures, departmental activity reports, annual meetings and files from the President's office related to board matters.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia [Contact Us]
1952-1995
Creator:
Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Division of Environmental Research.
Extent: 21 linear feet (22 containers)
The Division of Environmental Research (DER) was established as a department of the Academy of Natural Sciences in 1947 by botanist and limnologist, Dr. Ruth Patrick. Originally called the Department of Limnology, the department was envisioned by Patrick as a multidisciplinary team of scientists devoted to helping protect the quality of the environment. Not only was environmental research a novel idea for the time, but the multidisciplinary nature of the research was also innovative. The primary goals of the Division were to, "understand aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems, including the effects of natural processes and human activities; apply this knowledge to assess ecosystems health and developing watershed-level strategies for enhancing environmental quality; and work with diverse stakeholders, including government, community groups, industry and environmental organizations to improve environmental stewardship" (ansp.org). This collection provides evidence of the activities of the Division of Environmental Research between the years 1952 and 1995. The bulk of the collection consists of raw data collected at various locations for research projects sponsored by private corporations. The majority of the remaining portion of the collection consists of the papers of DER Director and Vice President Louis E. Sage. This collection also includes a small body of Dr. Ruth Patrick’s working files, as well as publications related to environmental research. Due to the complex scientific nature of the records, the original order of the collection material has been preserved. (View full finding aid.)
title
Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia Division of Environmental Research records
creator
Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Division of Environmental Research.
id
ANSP.2010.039
repository
extent
21 linear feet (22 containers)
inclusive date
1952-1995
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Division of Environmental Research (DER) was established as a department of the Academy of Natural Sciences in 1947 by botanist and limnologist, Dr. Ruth Patrick. Originally called the Department of Limnology, the department was envisioned by Patrick as a multidisciplinary team of scientists devoted to helping protect the quality of the environment. Not only was environmental research a novel idea for the time, but the multidisciplinary nature of the research was also innovative. The primary goals of the Division were to, "understand aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems, including the effects of natural processes and human activities; apply this knowledge to assess ecosystems health and developing watershed-level strategies for enhancing environmental quality; and work with diverse stakeholders, including government, community groups, industry and environmental organizations to improve environmental stewardship" (ansp.org). This collection provides evidence of the activities of the Division of Environmental Research between the years 1952 and 1995. The bulk of the collection consists of raw data collected at various locations for research projects sponsored by private corporations. The majority of the remaining portion of the collection consists of the papers of DER Director and Vice President Louis E. Sage. This collection also includes a small body of Dr. Ruth Patrick’s working files, as well as publications related to environmental research. Due to the complex scientific nature of the records, the original order of the collection material has been preserved.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
« First • Previous • NextLast »