Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: Dabbs Woodfin Library and Archives at Newlin Grist Mill
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 3 out of 3  
Dabbs Woodfin Library and Archives at Newlin Grist Mill [Contact Us]
1867-1941
Creator:
Concord Flour Mills
Extent: 19 linear feet
Newlin Grist Mill was built in Delaware County, Pennsylvania in 1704 by Nathaniel Newlin. After changing hands and changing names several times, it was acquired by Samuel N. Hill, who operated it as Concord Flour Mills. Concord Flour Mills ceased operations in 1943, and subsequently reopened as an historic site around 1960. The Concord Flour Mills records, 1867-1941, consist mostly of financial records of Concord Flour Mills with some scattered Samuel N. Hill papers. (View full finding aid.)
title
Concord Flour Mills records
creator
Concord Flour Mills
id
NGM.01
repository
extent
19 linear feet
inclusive date
1867-1941
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Newlin Grist Mill was built in Delaware County, Pennsylvania in 1704 by Nathaniel Newlin. After changing hands and changing names several times, it was acquired by Samuel N. Hill, who operated it as Concord Flour Mills. Concord Flour Mills ceased operations in 1943, and subsequently reopened as an historic site around 1960. The Concord Flour Mills records, 1867-1941, consist mostly of financial records of Concord Flour Mills with some scattered Samuel N. Hill papers.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Dabbs Woodfin Library and Archives at Newlin Grist Mill [Contact Us]
1834-2013
(Bulk: 1959-2013)
Creator:
Nicholas Newlin Foundation
Extent: 55 linear feet
Newlin Grist Mill was built in Delaware County, Pennsylvania in 1704 by Nathaniel Newlin, a Quaker settler who came to Pennsylvania in 1683 with his father Nicholas. It changed hands and names several times before ceasing operations in 1943. E. Mortimer Newlin, a descendant of Nicholas and Nathaniel Newlin, purchased the mill in 1956 and began renovating it; in 1960 he established the Nicholas Newlin Foundation, a nonprofit corporation which took title of the property and opened it as an historic site. The Nicholas Newlin Foundation records, 1834-2013 (bulk 1959-2013), consist largely of paper documents with information on board and staff members, financial information, information on buildings and grounds, on public relations and programming, and other aspects of the organization. There are also photographs, negatives and slides; maps and architectural drawings; three dimensional art works; and publications and reference materials from other organizations collected by Newlin Foundation. There are also a small number of original documents pertaining to the history of the mill, such as deeds and business correspondence from when the mill was operational, and Newlin family genealogy. (View full finding aid.)
title
Nicholas Newlin Foundation records
creator
Nicholas Newlin Foundation
id
NGM.02
repository
extent
55 linear feet
inclusive date
1834-2013
bulk date
1959-2013
abstract/scope/contents
Newlin Grist Mill was built in Delaware County, Pennsylvania in 1704 by Nathaniel Newlin, a Quaker settler who came to Pennsylvania in 1683 with his father Nicholas. It changed hands and names several times before ceasing operations in 1943. E. Mortimer Newlin, a descendant of Nicholas and Nathaniel Newlin, purchased the mill in 1956 and began renovating it; in 1960 he established the Nicholas Newlin Foundation, a nonprofit corporation which took title of the property and opened it as an historic site. The Nicholas Newlin Foundation records, 1834-2013 (bulk 1959-2013), consist largely of paper documents with information on board and staff members, financial information, information on buildings and grounds, on public relations and programming, and other aspects of the organization. There are also photographs, negatives and slides; maps and architectural drawings; three dimensional art works; and publications and reference materials from other organizations collected by Newlin Foundation. There are also a small number of original documents pertaining to the history of the mill, such as deeds and business correspondence from when the mill was operational, and Newlin family genealogy.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Dabbs Woodfin Library and Archives at Newlin Grist Mill [Contact Us]
1900-2013
(Bulk: 1972-2013)
Creator:
Society for the Preservation of Old Mills
Extent: 90 linear feet
The SPOOM collection is a product of the Society for the Preservation of Old Mills, a national organization founded in 1972 whose goal is to promote interest in old mills. Most of the items that comprise the Society for the Preservation of Old Mills collection, 1900-2013 (bulk 1972-2013), were previously housed in the former SPOOM archives. The collection consists of gathered information on mills by state, SPOOM institutional records and miscellaneous information now cataloged as subject files. The collection is also comprised of publications and several objects. A sub-collection known as the Esther Middlewood collection is also a part of SPOOM and consists of information gathered by the editor of the SPOOM publication Old Mill News. The Stephen Straight collection is another sub-collection within SPOOM. The Dominick Kass collection is part of SPOOM as well and consists of Old Mill News issues and information on mills by state. The David Haines collection of photographs is another sub-collection. (View full finding aid.)
title
Society for the Preservation of Old Mills collection
creator
Society for the Preservation of Old Mills
id
NGM.03
repository
extent
90 linear feet
inclusive date
1900-2013
bulk date
1972-2013
abstract/scope/contents
The SPOOM collection is a product of the Society for the Preservation of Old Mills, a national organization founded in 1972 whose goal is to promote interest in old mills. Most of the items that comprise the Society for the Preservation of Old Mills collection, 1900-2013 (bulk 1972-2013), were previously housed in the former SPOOM archives. The collection consists of gathered information on mills by state, SPOOM institutional records and miscellaneous information now cataloged as subject files. The collection is also comprised of publications and several objects. A sub-collection known as the Esther Middlewood collection is also a part of SPOOM and consists of information gathered by the editor of the SPOOM publication Old Mill News. The Stephen Straight collection is another sub-collection within SPOOM. The Dominick Kass collection is part of SPOOM as well and consists of Old Mill News issues and information on mills by state. The David Haines collection of photographs is another sub-collection.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet