Search Finding Aids
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
Names filters: 4 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
Subject: Corporate name filters: 4 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
« First • Previous • Next • Last »
1820s-2000s (bulk 1960s-1990)
Germantown Mennonite Historic Trust
Extent: 75 linear feet
The Germantown Mennonite Church Corporation was established in 1947 to preserve the historic 1770 Mennonite Meeting House and burial grounds located in Germantown, a neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In the mid-1990s, the Corporation changed its name to the Germantown Mennonite Historic Trust to distinguish itself from the Germantown Mennonite Church's congregation. As of 2015, the Germantown Mennonite Historic Trust continues to preserve its historic buildings and sites and interprets the history of Mennonites in Germantown from the 17th century to the present by holding programs, tours, and other events, and working with various other organizations in Germantown and elsewhere. The Germantown Mennonite Historic Trust records, 1820s-2000s (bulk 1960s-1990), consist of records of the Germantown Mennonite Historic Trust and its predecessor organization, the Germantown Mennonite Church Corporation, including administrative and financial records, legal and property documents, and photographic and audiovisual materials. There are also papers from individuals and families associated with the Germantown Mennonite Church and/or the Germantown Mennonite Historic Trust; publicity and other printed materials from the Trust, the Germantown Mennonite Church, and other Germantown and Mennonite organizations; secondary-source research materials relating to Mennonites and Germantown; and other materials. (View full finding aid.)
Woman's Club of Germantown (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 3.5 linear feet
The Woman's Club of Germantown was organized in 1917 to foster women's participation in social, civic, educational and philanthropic life in the Germantown section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The club purchased the Johnson House, a historic site on the Underground Railroad, and occupied it until the club dissolved in 1982. The Woman's Club of Germantown records, 1920s-1982, contain financial and administrative records, letters, scrapbooks, membership materials, publications, ephemera, and other documents relating to the Woman's Club of Germantown. (View full finding aid.)