Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
Remove
filtered Sort: Date added (ascending)
Sort Results By:
hide/display content

Possible Sorts:

Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • NextLast »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 25 out of 57  
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1843-2007
Creator:
Grace United Methodist Church (Catasauqua, Pa.)
Extent: 3 linear feet
The cornerstone for Grace Methodist Episcopal Church in Catasauqua, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania was laid in 1859. Emmanuel Evangelical United Brethren Church merged into the congregation in 1966. Grace United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2007. The Grace United Methodist Church records, 1843-2007, include minutes of the administrative board, church council, Charge Conference, and Quarterly Conference; birth, marriage, death, and membership records; and various other documents including church histories, deeds, photographs, and publications. (View full finding aid.)
title
Grace United Methodist Church records
creator
Grace United Methodist Church (Catasauqua, Pa.)
id
UMC.24
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1843-2007
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The cornerstone for Grace Methodist Episcopal Church in Catasauqua, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania was laid in 1859. Emmanuel Evangelical United Brethren Church merged into the congregation in 1966. Grace United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2007. The Grace United Methodist Church records, 1843-2007, include minutes of the administrative board, church council, Charge Conference, and Quarterly Conference; birth, marriage, death, and membership records; and various other documents including church histories, deeds, photographs, and publications.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1863-1997
Creator:
Lansford United Methodist Church (Lansford, Pa.)
Extent: 1.33 linear feet
Lansford Methodist Episcopal Church was located in the Borough of Lansford in Carbon County, Pennsylvania. It was active from sometime after 1816 to around 1997. The Lansford United Methodist Church records, 1863-1997, includes board minutes, trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, and membership and vital records. (View full finding aid.)
title
Lansford United Methodist Church records
creator
Lansford United Methodist Church (Lansford, Pa.)
id
UMC.11
repository
extent
1.33 linear feet
inclusive date
1863-1997
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Lansford Methodist Episcopal Church was located in the Borough of Lansford in Carbon County, Pennsylvania. It was active from sometime after 1816 to around 1997. The Lansford United Methodist Church records, 1863-1997, includes board minutes, trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, and membership and vital records.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1854-2011
Creator:
Gladwyne United Methodist Church (Gladwyne, Pa.)
Extent: 1.75 linear feet
Gladwyne United Methodist Church in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania traces its roots to a church school in Fritz's School House, a private school, organized around the year 1830. Formerly known as Merion Square Methodist Episcopal Church and Lower Merion Methodist Episcopal Church, Gladwyne United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2011. The Gladwyne United Methodist Church records, 1854-2011, consist primarily of membership and vital records, as well as Board, Quarterly Conference, and Charge Conference minutes. Also included are small amounts of event programs, worship bulletins, historical materials, financial records, and photographs. (View full finding aid.)
title
Gladwyne United Methodist Church records
creator
Gladwyne United Methodist Church (Gladwyne, Pa.)
id
UMC.27
repository
extent
1.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1854-2011
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Gladwyne United Methodist Church in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania traces its roots to a church school in Fritz's School House, a private school, organized around the year 1830. Formerly known as Merion Square Methodist Episcopal Church and Lower Merion Methodist Episcopal Church, Gladwyne United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2011. The Gladwyne United Methodist Church records, 1854-2011, consist primarily of membership and vital records, as well as Board, Quarterly Conference, and Charge Conference minutes. Also included are small amounts of event programs, worship bulletins, historical materials, financial records, and photographs.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1851-2009
Creator:
Falls United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 3 linear feet
Falls of Schuylkill Methodist Episcopal Church in what is now the East Falls neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was officially established in 1855, although the congregation was on a circuit with Manayunk and Fairmount as early as 1837. In 2005, known as Falls United Methodist Church and located at 3576 Indian Queen Lane, the church was discontinued. The Falls United Methodist Church records, 1851-2009, include a large amount of meeting minutes and vital and membership records, and a small amount of other records relating to the property, nursery school, church history, chorus, and other topics. (View full finding aid.)
title
Falls United Methodist Church records
creator
Falls United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.32
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1851-2009
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Falls of Schuylkill Methodist Episcopal Church in what is now the East Falls neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was officially established in 1855, although the congregation was on a circuit with Manayunk and Fairmount as early as 1837. In 2005, known as Falls United Methodist Church and located at 3576 Indian Queen Lane, the church was discontinued. The Falls United Methodist Church records, 1851-2009, include a large amount of meeting minutes and vital and membership records, and a small amount of other records relating to the property, nursery school, church history, chorus, and other topics.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1931-2009
Creator:
Parkside United Methodist Church (Parkside, Pa.)
Extent: 1 linear feet
Parkside United Methodist Church, located at 2801 Edgmont Avenue in Parkside, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, was established in 1920 and discontinued around 2009. The Parkside United Methodist Church records, 1931-2009, consist primarily of official board minutes and trustee minutes with additional supporting documentation including historical notes and anniversary booklets, treasurer's reports, and various other materials. (View full finding aid.)
title
Parkside United Methodist Church records
creator
Parkside United Methodist Church (Parkside, Pa.)
id
UMC.15
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
1931-2009
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Parkside United Methodist Church, located at 2801 Edgmont Avenue in Parkside, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, was established in 1920 and discontinued around 2009. The Parkside United Methodist Church records, 1931-2009, consist primarily of official board minutes and trustee minutes with additional supporting documentation including historical notes and anniversary booklets, treasurer's reports, and various other materials.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1920-2000
Creator:
Atglen United Methodist Church
Extent: 1 linear feet
Penningtonville Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1853 in Chester County, Pennsylvania. Penningtonville became a borough in 1876 and changed its name to Atglen, at which point the church changed its name to Atglen Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1997, Atglen United Methodist Church and nearby Gap United Methodist Church merged, creating Asbury Community United Methodist Church, which met at the Atglen location until it was discontinued in 2002. The Atglen United Methodist Church records, 1920-2000, consist primarily of trustee minutes (1932-1995) and membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, and deaths, (1920-1987), with a small amount of board minutes, annual budgets, cemetery records, newspaper clippings, church history, and a building sketch. (View full finding aid.)
title
Atglen United Methodist Church records
creator
Atglen United Methodist Church
id
UMC.36
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
1920-2000
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Penningtonville Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1853 in Chester County, Pennsylvania. Penningtonville became a borough in 1876 and changed its name to Atglen, at which point the church changed its name to Atglen Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1997, Atglen United Methodist Church and nearby Gap United Methodist Church merged, creating Asbury Community United Methodist Church, which met at the Atglen location until it was discontinued in 2002. The Atglen United Methodist Church records, 1920-2000, consist primarily of trustee minutes (1932-1995) and membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, and deaths, (1920-1987), with a small amount of board minutes, annual budgets, cemetery records, newspaper clippings, church history, and a building sketch.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1870-1940
Creator:
Methodist Episcopal Church. Woman's Foreign Missionary Society. Philadelphia Branch
Extent: 5 linear feet
The Woman's Foreign Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1869 in Boston, Massachusetts in response to a recognized need for women missionaries who could minister to women in foreign countries. The Philadelphia Branch of the Woman's Foreign Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1870. In 1973 this organization merged with other women's missionary groups to establish United Methodist Women, the women's mission organization of the United Methodist Church. The Philadelphia Branch of the Woman's Foreign Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1870-1940, consist primarily of printed annual reports, but also include minutes, a life member list, newsletters, meeting programs and other ephemera, constitution and by-laws, appropriations records, and other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Philadelphia Branch of the Woman's Foreign Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Methodist Episcopal Church. Woman's Foreign Missionary Society. Philadelphia Branch
id
UMC.55
repository
extent
5 linear feet
inclusive date
1870-1940
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Woman's Foreign Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1869 in Boston, Massachusetts in response to a recognized need for women missionaries who could minister to women in foreign countries. The Philadelphia Branch of the Woman's Foreign Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1870. In 1973 this organization merged with other women's missionary groups to establish United Methodist Women, the women's mission organization of the United Methodist Church. The Philadelphia Branch of the Woman's Foreign Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1870-1940, consist primarily of printed annual reports, but also include minutes, a life member list, newsletters, meeting programs and other ephemera, constitution and by-laws, appropriations records, and other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1889-1973
Creator:
United Methodist Church. Philadelphia Annual Conference. Laymen's Association
Extent: 2 linear feet
The Philadelphia Laymen's Association of the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized on 1889 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in order to bring together the laymen in the city's vicinity for the purpose of promoting the interests of the Methodist Episcopal Church. Although the organization always dealt with a variety of topics relating to the Church, in its early years, the group especially focused on securing equal representation of laymen and ministers in regional annual conferences and the national General Conference. The organization changed its name to the Laymen's Association of the Philadelphia Annual Conference in 1893. The Laymen's Association of the Philadelphia Annual Conference records, 1889-1973, consist of minute books, financial ledgers and treasurer's accounts, printed proceedings, and a scrapbook. (View full finding aid.)
title
Laymen's Association of the Philadelphia Annual Conference records
creator
United Methodist Church. Philadelphia Annual Conference. Laymen's Association
id
UMC.57
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1889-1973
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Philadelphia Laymen's Association of the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized on 1889 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in order to bring together the laymen in the city's vicinity for the purpose of promoting the interests of the Methodist Episcopal Church. Although the organization always dealt with a variety of topics relating to the Church, in its early years, the group especially focused on securing equal representation of laymen and ministers in regional annual conferences and the national General Conference. The organization changed its name to the Laymen's Association of the Philadelphia Annual Conference in 1893. The Laymen's Association of the Philadelphia Annual Conference records, 1889-1973, consist of minute books, financial ledgers and treasurer's accounts, printed proceedings, and a scrapbook.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1834-1945, 1995
Creator:
Church of the Covenant Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2.75 linear feet
Salem Methodist Episcopal Church was founded in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1835, and re-located to Lombard and Juniper Streets in 1841. It merged with Western Methodist Episcopal Church to form Methodist Episcopal Church of the Covenant in 1894, located at 18th and Spruce Streets. Church of the Covenant Methodist Church was discontinued in 1945. Most of the Church of the Covenant Methodist Church records, 1834-1945 and 1995, are Salem Methodist Episcopal Church registers and minutes (First Leaders, trustees, and Quarterly Conference). Records from Western Methodist Episcopal Church and Church of the Covenant Methodist Church are also present. (View full finding aid.)
title
Church of the Covenant Methodist Church records
creator
Church of the Covenant Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.47
repository
extent
2.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1834-1945, 1995
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Salem Methodist Episcopal Church was founded in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1835, and re-located to Lombard and Juniper Streets in 1841. It merged with Western Methodist Episcopal Church to form Methodist Episcopal Church of the Covenant in 1894, located at 18th and Spruce Streets. Church of the Covenant Methodist Church was discontinued in 1945. Most of the Church of the Covenant Methodist Church records, 1834-1945 and 1995, are Salem Methodist Episcopal Church registers and minutes (First Leaders, trustees, and Quarterly Conference). Records from Western Methodist Episcopal Church and Church of the Covenant Methodist Church are also present.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1832-2007
Creator:
Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 3 linear feet
Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church in the Frankford Section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is known as the "mother church" of Frankford Methodism. It traces its roots to the first "Methodist Society" in the community, established in 1829. In 2001, Rehoboth merged into Central United Methodist Church, which closed in 2005. The Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1832-2007, include financial records, membership and cemetery records, class lists, board and trustee minutes, anniversary materials, worship bulletins, newsletters, photographs, ephemera, and various other documents. Some materials have been microfilmed and are available at other repositories. (View full finding aid.)
title
Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.12
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1832-2007
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church in the Frankford Section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is known as the "mother church" of Frankford Methodism. It traces its roots to the first "Methodist Society" in the community, established in 1829. In 2001, Rehoboth merged into Central United Methodist Church, which closed in 2005. The Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1832-2007, include financial records, membership and cemetery records, class lists, board and trustee minutes, anniversary materials, worship bulletins, newsletters, photographs, ephemera, and various other documents. Some materials have been microfilmed and are available at other repositories.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1883-1973
(Bulk: 1940-1973)
Creator:
Woman's Society of Christian Service of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Church
Extent: 2.75 linear feet
The Woman's Home Missionary Society of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1883, a few years after the national equivalent was formed. Its local programs included immigrant homes, boarding homes for women, Vacation Bible School, and a clinic. After the 1939 merger that resulted in the new corporation of the Methodist Church, the Society was folded into the Woman's Society of Christian Service. The Woman's Society of Christian Service was merged into the United Methodist Women in 1972. The Woman's Society of Christian Service of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Church records, 1883-1973 (bulk 1940-1973), include minutes, ledgers and other financial documents, a scrapbook, newsletters, yearbooks, and annual reports of several foreign and domestic missionary groups. (View full finding aid.)
title
Woman's Society of Christian Service of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Church records
creator
Woman's Society of Christian Service of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Church
id
UMC.54
repository
extent
2.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1883-1973
bulk date
1940-1973
abstract/scope/contents
The Woman's Home Missionary Society of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1883, a few years after the national equivalent was formed. Its local programs included immigrant homes, boarding homes for women, Vacation Bible School, and a clinic. After the 1939 merger that resulted in the new corporation of the Methodist Church, the Society was folded into the Woman's Society of Christian Service. The Woman's Society of Christian Service was merged into the United Methodist Women in 1972. The Woman's Society of Christian Service of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Church records, 1883-1973 (bulk 1940-1973), include minutes, ledgers and other financial documents, a scrapbook, newsletters, yearbooks, and annual reports of several foreign and domestic missionary groups.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1873-2003
Creator:
Upland United Methodist Church (Brookhaven, Pa.)
Extent: 2.75 linear feet
The congregation for Upland United Methodist Church began meeting in 1866, although it was not until 1873 that construction began on a new church building, at Church and Eighth Streets in the nearby Borough of Brookhaven, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The final service was held at Upland United Methodist Church on Sunday July 13, 2003. The Upland United Methodist Church records, 1873-2003, consist largely of minutes of the official board, administrative board, and board of trustees; Charge Conference reports; and membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, and deaths. Also included are a small amount of property-related records (featuring blueprints of the church organ and a photograph of the church building), directories, bulletins, budgets, and other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Upland United Methodist Church records
creator
Upland United Methodist Church (Brookhaven, Pa.)
id
UMC.23
repository
extent
2.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1873-2003
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The congregation for Upland United Methodist Church began meeting in 1866, although it was not until 1873 that construction began on a new church building, at Church and Eighth Streets in the nearby Borough of Brookhaven, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The final service was held at Upland United Methodist Church on Sunday July 13, 2003. The Upland United Methodist Church records, 1873-2003, consist largely of minutes of the official board, administrative board, and board of trustees; Charge Conference reports; and membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, and deaths. Also included are a small amount of property-related records (featuring blueprints of the church organ and a photograph of the church building), directories, bulletins, budgets, and other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1855-1952
Creator:
Pitman Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
Pitman Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1856 at 23rd and Lombard Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and later moved to 28th and Dickson Streets. Pitman Methodist Church was discontinued in 1952. The Pitman Methodist Church records, 1855-1952, consist of Trustee, Quarterly Conference, and Board of Leaders and Stewards minutes, as well as lists of members, marriages, and baptisms, and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Pitman Methodist Church records
creator
Pitman Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.29
repository
extent
1.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1855-1952
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Pitman Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1856 at 23rd and Lombard Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and later moved to 28th and Dickson Streets. Pitman Methodist Church was discontinued in 1952. The Pitman Methodist Church records, 1855-1952, consist of Trustee, Quarterly Conference, and Board of Leaders and Stewards minutes, as well as lists of members, marriages, and baptisms, and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1861-1992
Creator:
Siloam United Methodist Church (West Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
Siloam Methodist Episcopal Church (formerly known as Kingsessing Church) was established in 1834. It was located in Paschalville, now the West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania neighborhood of Kingsessing, at Woodland Avenue and 70th Street. Siloam United Methodist Church was discontinued in 1992. The Siloam United Methodist Church records, 1861-1992, consist of baptisms, marriages, and membership records, with a few other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Siloam United Methodist Church records
creator
Siloam United Methodist Church (West Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.48
repository
extent
1.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1861-1992
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Siloam Methodist Episcopal Church (formerly known as Kingsessing Church) was established in 1834. It was located in Paschalville, now the West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania neighborhood of Kingsessing, at Woodland Avenue and 70th Street. Siloam United Methodist Church was discontinued in 1992. The Siloam United Methodist Church records, 1861-1992, consist of baptisms, marriages, and membership records, with a few other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1924-2005
Creator:
Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.33 linear feet
Tabernacle Memorial Methodist Church of Rhawnhurst, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, established in 1924, was formerly known as Berean, and then, Rhawnhurst Methodist Church. It was located at Loretto and Ripley Streets. Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2005. The Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church records, 1924-2005, consist primarily of board minutes, trustee minutes, Charge Conference minutes, and membership and vital records. Also included are some financial records, event and worship programs, and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church records
creator
Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.07
repository
extent
1.33 linear feet
inclusive date
1924-2005
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Tabernacle Memorial Methodist Church of Rhawnhurst, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, established in 1924, was formerly known as Berean, and then, Rhawnhurst Methodist Church. It was located at Loretto and Ripley Streets. Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2005. The Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church records, 1924-2005, consist primarily of board minutes, trustee minutes, Charge Conference minutes, and membership and vital records. Also included are some financial records, event and worship programs, and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1897-2009
Creator:
Prospectville United Methodist Church (Prospectville, Pa.)
Extent: 1.25 linear feet
Prospectville Methodist Episcopal Church (later Prospectville Methodist Church) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania began meeting in the late 19th century and may have been discontinued in the early 1950s. Prospectville Evangelical United Brethren Church began meeting in the 1940s and was formally established in 1953. It was originally called Prospectville Methodist Mission Church, was renamed Prospectville United Methodist Church in 1968, and was discontinued in 2009. Most of the Prospectville Methodist churches records, 1897-2009, are records from Prospectville Evangelical United Brethren Church (also called Prospectville Methodist Mission Church and Prospectville United Methodist Church), with a smaller amount of records from Prospectville Methodist Episcopal Church (also called Prospectville Methodist Church). Included are membership and vital records (baptisms, marriages), board minutes, Charge Conference materials, and various other papers such as photographs, histories, and property-related documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Prospectville Methodist churches records
creator
Prospectville United Methodist Church (Prospectville, Pa.)
id
UMC.10
repository
extent
1.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1897-2009
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Prospectville Methodist Episcopal Church (later Prospectville Methodist Church) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania began meeting in the late 19th century and may have been discontinued in the early 1950s. Prospectville Evangelical United Brethren Church began meeting in the 1940s and was formally established in 1953. It was originally called Prospectville Methodist Mission Church, was renamed Prospectville United Methodist Church in 1968, and was discontinued in 2009. Most of the Prospectville Methodist churches records, 1897-2009, are records from Prospectville Evangelical United Brethren Church (also called Prospectville Methodist Mission Church and Prospectville United Methodist Church), with a smaller amount of records from Prospectville Methodist Episcopal Church (also called Prospectville Methodist Church). Included are membership and vital records (baptisms, marriages), board minutes, Charge Conference materials, and various other papers such as photographs, histories, and property-related documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1871-1953
Creator:
Norris Square Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.75 linear feet
Norris Square Methodist Episcopal Church, the successor to Somerset Mission and Lehigh Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, was incorporated in 1874 and located on Mascher and Colona streets, above Susquehanna Avenue in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Norris Square Methodist Church was discontinued in 1952. The Norris Square Methodist Church records, 1871-1953, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers. Also included are minutes of the Official Board, Quarterly Conference, and membership meetings; materials relating to the church's closing; property documents; charters; and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Norris Square Methodist Church records
creator
Norris Square Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.43
repository
extent
1.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1871-1953
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Norris Square Methodist Episcopal Church, the successor to Somerset Mission and Lehigh Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, was incorporated in 1874 and located on Mascher and Colona streets, above Susquehanna Avenue in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Norris Square Methodist Church was discontinued in 1952. The Norris Square Methodist Church records, 1871-1953, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers. Also included are minutes of the Official Board, Quarterly Conference, and membership meetings; materials relating to the church's closing; property documents; charters; and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
circa 1820-1975
Creator:
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
Extent: 15 linear feet
Methodism is a protestant Christian faith based in the teachings of John Wesley (1703-1791), who preached "practical divinity," emphasis on Christian living, and putting faith and love into action. The Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1784 in the United States. After a series of divisions and unifications over the centuries, the modern United Methodist Church (U.S.) was formed in 1968. The Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church collection of Methodist organizations records, circa 1820-1975, consists of small amounts of records from various Methodist organizations within the boundaries of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church, roughly ranging from Philadelphia to Harrisburg. The amount of documentation varies by organization, but there is less than one linear foot of material for each of the organizations included in this collection. Minute books, newsletters, property-related records, financial documents, and several other types of materials, including some audio recordings and photographs, can be found. (View full finding aid.)
title
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church collection of Methodist organizations records
creator
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
id
UMC.05
repository
extent
15 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1820-1975
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Methodism is a protestant Christian faith based in the teachings of John Wesley (1703-1791), who preached "practical divinity," emphasis on Christian living, and putting faith and love into action. The Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1784 in the United States. After a series of divisions and unifications over the centuries, the modern United Methodist Church (U.S.) was formed in 1968. The Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church collection of Methodist organizations records, circa 1820-1975, consists of small amounts of records from various Methodist organizations within the boundaries of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church, roughly ranging from Philadelphia to Harrisburg. The amount of documentation varies by organization, but there is less than one linear foot of material for each of the organizations included in this collection. Minute books, newsletters, property-related records, financial documents, and several other types of materials, including some audio recordings and photographs, can be found.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1840-2011
Creator:
United Methodist Church of Narberth (Narberth, Pa.)
Extent: 1.67 linear feet
Beth-Raffen Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1884 in what is today known as Narberth, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Originally part of the Merion Square Circuit, Beth-Raffen changed its name to Narberth Methodist Episcopal Church and became a separate station under the Philadelphia Conference in 1897. The United Methodist Church of Narberth was discontinued in 2013. The United Methodist Church of Narberth records, 1840-2011, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers; and minutes of the Board of Trustees, Official Board, Quarterly Conference, membership meetings, and Building Committee. Also included are a small amount of photographs, anniversary programs, correspondence, historical materials, directories, bulletins, and other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
United Methodist Church of Narberth records
creator
United Methodist Church of Narberth (Narberth, Pa.)
id
UMC.35
repository
extent
1.67 linear feet
inclusive date
1840-2011
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Beth-Raffen Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1884 in what is today known as Narberth, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Originally part of the Merion Square Circuit, Beth-Raffen changed its name to Narberth Methodist Episcopal Church and became a separate station under the Philadelphia Conference in 1897. The United Methodist Church of Narberth was discontinued in 2013. The United Methodist Church of Narberth records, 1840-2011, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers; and minutes of the Board of Trustees, Official Board, Quarterly Conference, membership meetings, and Building Committee. Also included are a small amount of photographs, anniversary programs, correspondence, historical materials, directories, bulletins, and other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1924-2001
Creator:
Trinity United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 3.25 linear feet
Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church was formalized as a congregation and broke ground on a church building at Castor Avenue and Tyson Avenue in Northeast Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in 1927. Trinity United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2001. The Trinity United Methodist Church records, 1924-2001, include board minutes, Quarterly and Charge Conference records, trustee minutes, property-related records, worship bulletins, anniversary booklets and historical documents, photographs, membership and vital records (directories, marriages, baptisms, funerals), and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Trinity United Methodist Church records
creator
Trinity United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.17
repository
extent
3.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1924-2001
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church was formalized as a congregation and broke ground on a church building at Castor Avenue and Tyson Avenue in Northeast Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in 1927. Trinity United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2001. The Trinity United Methodist Church records, 1924-2001, include board minutes, Quarterly and Charge Conference records, trustee minutes, property-related records, worship bulletins, anniversary booklets and historical documents, photographs, membership and vital records (directories, marriages, baptisms, funerals), and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1872-1942
Creator:
Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2 linear feet
Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1873 at Park and Norris Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Park Avenue Methodist Church was discontinued around 1941. The Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1872-1942, consist of organizational meeting minutes, trustee minutes, membership and vital records (members, marriages, and baptisms), and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.30
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1872-1942
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1873 at Park and Norris Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Park Avenue Methodist Church was discontinued around 1941. The Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1872-1942, consist of organizational meeting minutes, trustee minutes, membership and vital records (members, marriages, and baptisms), and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1801-2012
Creator:
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
Extent: 55 linear feet
The territory of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church (U.S.) covers sixteen counties in the southeastern quarter of the state of Pennsylvania, roughly from Philadelphia to Harrisburg. The Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church collection of closed churches records, 1801-2012, consist of small amounts of records from various closed United Methodist churches (and predecessor denominations, Methodist churches and Methodist Episcopal churches) within the boundaries of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference. The amount of documentation varies by church, but there is less than one linear foot of material for each of the churches included in this collection. The materials consist largely of vital records (birth, marriage, baptism, and death), membership records, trustees' minutes, and Quarterly Conference minutes. Many other types of documents, such as Sunday School records, photographs, event programs, and newspaper clippings, can also be found. (View full finding aid.)
title
Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church closed churches records
creator
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
id
UMC.02
repository
extent
55 linear feet
inclusive date
1801-2012
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The territory of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church (U.S.) covers sixteen counties in the southeastern quarter of the state of Pennsylvania, roughly from Philadelphia to Harrisburg. The Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church collection of closed churches records, 1801-2012, consist of small amounts of records from various closed United Methodist churches (and predecessor denominations, Methodist churches and Methodist Episcopal churches) within the boundaries of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference. The amount of documentation varies by church, but there is less than one linear foot of material for each of the churches included in this collection. The materials consist largely of vital records (birth, marriage, baptism, and death), membership records, trustees' minutes, and Quarterly Conference minutes. Many other types of documents, such as Sunday School records, photographs, event programs, and newspaper clippings, can also be found.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1834-1978
Creator:
Sarah D. Cooper Memorial United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2.5 linear feet
Methodists began meeting for religious instruction in Haddington, then a suburb to the west of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in the summer of 1830. Haddington Methodist Episcopal Church was formally chartered in 1849. In 1893, the congregation changed its name to Sarah D. Cooper Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church. Sarah D. Cooper Memorial United Methodist Church closed in 1978. The Sarah D. Cooper Memorial United Methodist Church records, 1834-1978, include trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, cemetery records, vital and membership records, photographs, and other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Sarah D. Cooper Memorial United Methodist Church records
creator
Sarah D. Cooper Memorial United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.34
repository
extent
2.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1834-1978
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Methodists began meeting for religious instruction in Haddington, then a suburb to the west of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in the summer of 1830. Haddington Methodist Episcopal Church was formally chartered in 1849. In 1893, the congregation changed its name to Sarah D. Cooper Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church. Sarah D. Cooper Memorial United Methodist Church closed in 1978. The Sarah D. Cooper Memorial United Methodist Church records, 1834-1978, include trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, cemetery records, vital and membership records, photographs, and other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1770-2014
(Bulk: 1970-2014)
Creator:
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
Extent: 28 linear feet
Methodism is a protestant Christian faith based in the teachings of John Wesley (1703-1791), who preached "practical divinity," emphasis on Christian living, and putting faith and love into action. The Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1784 in the United States. After a series of divisions and unifications over the centuries, the modern United Methodist Church (U.S.) was formed in 1968. The Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church subject files, 1770-2014 (bulk 1970-2014), consist of small amounts of accumulated materials relating to Methodism, particularly, but not exclusively, in the Philadelphia area. Ephemera, such as pamphlets, brochures, newsletters, and newspaper clippings, as well as photocopies, make up a large percentage of the collection, although there are also photographs, correspondence, manuscripts, and other original documents. The collection is organized alphabetically by topic within six series: I. People, II. States, III. Methodist Bishops, IV. Methodist Ministers, V. St. George's United Methodist Church, and VI. Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church. (View full finding aid.)
title
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church subject files
creator
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
id
UMC.01
repository
extent
28 linear feet
inclusive date
1770-2014
bulk date
1970-2014
abstract/scope/contents
Methodism is a protestant Christian faith based in the teachings of John Wesley (1703-1791), who preached "practical divinity," emphasis on Christian living, and putting faith and love into action. The Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1784 in the United States. After a series of divisions and unifications over the centuries, the modern United Methodist Church (U.S.) was formed in 1968. The Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church subject files, 1770-2014 (bulk 1970-2014), consist of small amounts of accumulated materials relating to Methodism, particularly, but not exclusively, in the Philadelphia area. Ephemera, such as pamphlets, brochures, newsletters, and newspaper clippings, as well as photocopies, make up a large percentage of the collection, although there are also photographs, correspondence, manuscripts, and other original documents. The collection is organized alphabetically by topic within six series: I. People, II. States, III. Methodist Bishops, IV. Methodist Ministers, V. St. George's United Methodist Church, and VI. Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1893-1993
Creator:
Trinity United Methodist Church (Reading, Pa.)
Extent: 1.2 linear feet
Trinity United Brethren Church in Reading, Pennsylvania was formed in 1912 as a merger of Memorial Young People's Christian Union Church (United Brethren in Christ) in Reading, Otterbein Society of the Church of United Brethren in Christ in Reading, and Salem Society of the Church of the United Brethren in Christ in Sinking Spring. Trinity United Methodist Church was discontinued in 1993. The Trinity United Methodist Church records, 1893-1993, consist of membership and vital records as well as meeting minutes (Charge Conference, Quarterly Conference, Official Board) relating to Trinity United Methodist Church, as well as membership and vital records from its three predecessor churches, and a small number of property-related documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Trinity United Methodist Church records
creator
Trinity United Methodist Church (Reading, Pa.)
id
UMC.46
repository
extent
1.2 linear feet
inclusive date
1893-1993
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Trinity United Brethren Church in Reading, Pennsylvania was formed in 1912 as a merger of Memorial Young People's Christian Union Church (United Brethren in Christ) in Reading, Otterbein Society of the Church of United Brethren in Christ in Reading, and Salem Society of the Church of the United Brethren in Christ in Sinking Spring. Trinity United Methodist Church was discontinued in 1993. The Trinity United Methodist Church records, 1893-1993, consist of membership and vital records as well as meeting minutes (Charge Conference, Quarterly Conference, Official Board) relating to Trinity United Methodist Church, as well as membership and vital records from its three predecessor churches, and a small number of property-related documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
« First • Previous • NextLast »