Search Finding Aids
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
Date filters: 1 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
Subject: Person filters: 1 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Johnson House Historic Site (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 0.5 linear feet
John Johnson built a house in the Germantown section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1768. A family of ardent Quakers, the Johnsons did not participate in the Revolutionary War and were vocal abolitionists. The Johnson House was a documented stop along the Underground Railroad for African Americans escaping North from slavery prior to the Civil War. Johnson House Historic Site collection on the Johnson family, 1794-circa 1994, includes several original manuscript volumes and photographs from the Johnson family, as well as secondary-source materials such as photocopies and genealogical information about the family. (View full finding aid.)
Woman's Club of Germantown (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 3 linear feet
The Woman's Club of Germantown was organized in 1917 to foster women's participation in social, civic, educational and philanthropic life in the Germantown section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The club purchased the Johnson House, a historic site on the Underground Railroad, and occupied it until the club dissolved in 1982. The Woman's Club of Germantown records, 1917-1994, largely consist of the club's annual reports from 1917 to 1982 and blank stationary. The collection also includes a small amount of newspaper clippings, photographs, scattered financial records, and correspondence regarding the club's dissolution. (View full finding aid.)