Search Finding Aids
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
Names filters: 4 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
Creator filters: 2 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
Subject: Person filters: 3 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Davis, Edward N. G. (Edward Nathan Grim), 1880-1973
Extent: 2.5 linear feet
The Davis family moved to Newtown Square, Delaware County, Pennsylvania around 1850. William Thomas Davis bought the Newtown Square Inn in 1866 and held livestock auctions at the hotel. His son, Edward N. G. Davis, operated a grocery store in town before becoming a real estate broker. The Edward N. G. Davis family papers, 1896-1973, consist largely of financial ledgers with some correspondence, photographs, and other document types. Most items relate to Edward N. G. Davis, with another large portion of items from his father, William T. Davis. There are also materials from several other family members and the first minute book of the Improvement Association of West Chester Road, 1909-1910. (View full finding aid.)
Newtown Square Historical Society
Extent: 11.5 linear feet
Established in 1681, Newtown Township (Newtown Square), is the oldest township in Delaware County, Pennsylvania and has over 100 historic structures still standing. Newtown Square Historical Society local history collection, 1744-2013, includes various original manuscripts, secondary-source materials, and digital files that document the individuals, families, organizations, and landscape of the Newtown Square area. Materials in the collection include ledgers, photographs, letters, deeds, pamphlets, ephemera, maps, newspaper clippings, and photocopies and scans of articles and primary source documents. (View full finding aid.)