Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: Old Eagle School
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:

Main Content

« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 1 out of 1  
Old Eagle School [Contact Us]
1865-2000s (bulk 1920s-1990s)
Creator:
Trustees of Old Eagle School (Strafford, Pa.)
Extent: 8 linear feet
Old Eagle School is an 18th-century schoolhouse located in the community of Strafford, Pennsylvania, part of Tredyffrin Township, Chester County. Initially, donated by Jacob Sharraden, a German Lutheran, for 'religious and educational purposes,' the land also includes burial grounds with the remains of Revolutionary War soldiers. In 1895, after a legal dispute between the local community and the Tredyffrin School District over ownership of the schoolhouse, the title to the property was granted to a local group of trustees. As of 2016, Old Eagle School continues to be overseen by a board of trustees, who are responsible for the upkeep of the school and grounds, and is largely used for community events. The Trustees of Old Eagle School records, 1865-2000s (bulk 1920s-1990s), consist of correspondence, deeds, minutes, financial records, and property materials, as well as histories of the school, newspaper clippings and research materials relating to the school, photographs, and other materials. (View full finding aid.)
title
Trustees of Old Eagle School records
creator
Trustees of Old Eagle School (Strafford, Pa.)
id
OES.01
repository
extent
8 linear feet
inclusive date
1865-2000s (bulk 1920s-1990s)
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Old Eagle School is an 18th-century schoolhouse located in the community of Strafford, Pennsylvania, part of Tredyffrin Township, Chester County. Initially, donated by Jacob Sharraden, a German Lutheran, for 'religious and educational purposes,' the land also includes burial grounds with the remains of Revolutionary War soldiers. In 1895, after a legal dispute between the local community and the Tredyffrin School District over ownership of the schoolhouse, the title to the property was granted to a local group of trustees. As of 2016, Old Eagle School continues to be overseen by a board of trustees, who are responsible for the upkeep of the school and grounds, and is largely used for community events. The Trustees of Old Eagle School records, 1865-2000s (bulk 1920s-1990s), consist of correspondence, deeds, minutes, financial records, and property materials, as well as histories of the school, newspaper clippings and research materials relating to the school, photographs, and other materials.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet