Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: Old York Road Historical Society
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • NextLast »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 25 out of 89  
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1883-1940
Creator:
Abington Building Association.
Extent: 1 linear feet
Founded in 1867, the Abington Building Association joined the Federal Home Loan Bank system in 1933 and met the requirements of the Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation in 1941. The Abington Building Association records, 1883-1940, consist primarily of meeting minutes, with a cashbook and stockholder ledger and roll book. (View full finding aid.)
title
Abington Building Association records
creator
Abington Building Association.
id
OYR.2004.22
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
1883-1940
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Founded in 1867, the Abington Building Association joined the Federal Home Loan Bank system in 1933 and met the requirements of the Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation in 1941. The Abington Building Association records, 1883-1940, consist primarily of meeting minutes, with a cashbook and stockholder ledger and roll book.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1925-2002
Creator:
Abington Civic Club.
Extent: 7.5 linear feet
The Abington Civic Club was organized in 1925 by local women as the Highlands Farm Civic Club, "hoping to better conditions in our community and to establish neighborly relations among the residents." The Abington Civic Club records, 1925-2002, consist of minutes, financial records, scrapbooks, yearbooks, and newsletters. (View full finding aid.)
title
Abington Civic Club records
creator
Abington Civic Club.
id
OYR.2003.128
repository
extent
7.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1925-2002
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Abington Civic Club was organized in 1925 by local women as the Highlands Farm Civic Club, "hoping to better conditions in our community and to establish neighborly relations among the residents." The Abington Civic Club records, 1925-2002, consist of minutes, financial records, scrapbooks, yearbooks, and newsletters.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1803-1988
Creator:
Abington Library Society.
Extent: 0.2 linear feet
The Abington Library Society was established in 1803 as a subscription library. In 1908 it purchased the Jenkinstown Lyceum building on Old York Road and, after major remodeling, opened its doors there in 1910. The Abington Library Society continues as the governing body of the Jenkintown Library, still located in the 1910 building as of 2015. The Abington Library Society miscellaneous records, 1803-1988, include extracts of minutes, financial records, and records of books. (View full finding aid.)
title
Abington Library Society miscellaneous records
creator
Abington Library Society.
id
OYR.2004.21
repository
extent
0.2 linear feet
inclusive date
1803-1988
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Abington Library Society was established in 1803 as a subscription library. In 1908 it purchased the Jenkinstown Lyceum building on Old York Road and, after major remodeling, opened its doors there in 1910. The Abington Library Society continues as the governing body of the Jenkintown Library, still located in the 1910 building as of 2015. The Abington Library Society miscellaneous records, 1803-1988, include extracts of minutes, financial records, and records of books.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1991-1994
Creator:
Abington (Montgomery County, Pa. : Township). Board of Commissioners
Extent: 1.7 linear feet
The first Board of Commissioners in Abington Township (Montgomery County, Pennsylvania) began meeting in 1906. The Abington Township Board of Commissioners records, 1991-1994, consist of various memoranda and other documents, especially reports and agendas, relating to the work of the Abington Township Board of Commissioners and its committees. (View full finding aid.)
title
Abington Township Board of Commissioners records
creator
Abington (Montgomery County, Pa. : Township). Board of Commissioners
id
OYR.2006.062.1
repository
extent
1.7 linear feet
inclusive date
1991-1994
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The first Board of Commissioners in Abington Township (Montgomery County, Pennsylvania) began meeting in 1906. The Abington Township Board of Commissioners records, 1991-1994, consist of various memoranda and other documents, especially reports and agendas, relating to the work of the Abington Township Board of Commissioners and its committees.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1956-1971
(Bulk: 1968-1971)
Creator:
Abington Township Public Library (Pa.).
Extent: 0.75 linear feet
The Abington Township Public Library was established in 1966. The Abington Township Public Library Board records, 1956-1971, consist of minutes, correspondence, and financial records. (View full finding aid.)
title
Abington Township Public Library board records
creator
Abington Township Public Library (Pa.).
id
OYR.2004.013
repository
extent
0.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1956-1971
bulk date
1968-1971
abstract/scope/contents
The Abington Township Public Library was established in 1966. The Abington Township Public Library Board records, 1956-1971, consist of minutes, correspondence, and financial records.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1946-2006
Creator:
American Association of University Women. Northeastern Montgomery County Branch.
Extent: 6 linear feet
The mission of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) is to "advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research." The Northeastern Montgomery County branch of the AAUW as founded in Glenside, Pennsylvania in 1945. The American Association of University Women, Northeastern Montgomery County Branch records, 1946-2006, include meeting minutes, financial records, activity records, newsletters, and scrapbooks. (View full finding aid.)
title
American Association of University Women, Northeastern Montgomery County Branch records
creator
American Association of University Women. Northeastern Montgomery County Branch.
id
OYR.2006.090
repository
extent
6 linear feet
inclusive date
1946-2006
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The mission of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) is to "advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research." The Northeastern Montgomery County branch of the AAUW as founded in Glenside, Pennsylvania in 1945. The American Association of University Women, Northeastern Montgomery County Branch records, 1946-2006, include meeting minutes, financial records, activity records, newsletters, and scrapbooks.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1933-2004
Creator:
Benjamin Rowland Myers Elementary School.
Extent: 1.25 linear feet
The Benjamin Rowland Myers Elementary School was established in 1923, serving children in kindergarten through sixth grade. The Benjamin Rowland Myers Elementary School records, 1933-2004, include teachers' records of assemblies and activities, as well as student and Parent Teacher Association (P.T.A.) newsletters. (View full finding aid.)
title
Benjamin Rowland Myers Elementary School records
creator
Benjamin Rowland Myers Elementary School.
id
OYR.2005.068
repository
extent
1.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1933-2004
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Benjamin Rowland Myers Elementary School was established in 1923, serving children in kindergarten through sixth grade. The Benjamin Rowland Myers Elementary School records, 1933-2004, include teachers' records of assemblies and activities, as well as student and Parent Teacher Association (P.T.A.) newsletters.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1881-1957
Creator:
Jenkintown (Pa.).
Extent: 6 linear feet
The Borough of Jenkintown in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania was incorporated in 1874. The Borough of Jenkintown records, 1881-1957, consist of account books, correspondence and other documents of the Sewer Committee, and Jenkintown Borough yearbooks. (View full finding aid.)
title
Borough of Jenkintown records
creator
Jenkintown (Pa.).
id
OYR.2004.016
repository
extent
6 linear feet
inclusive date
1881-1957
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Borough of Jenkintown in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania was incorporated in 1874. The Borough of Jenkintown records, 1881-1957, consist of account books, correspondence and other documents of the Sewer Committee, and Jenkintown Borough yearbooks.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1943-1963, 1993, 1995
Creator:
Boy Scouts of America. Troop 386 (Jenkintown, Pa. Troop #2)
Extent: 0.5 linear feet
The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) is a youth development organization incorporated in 1910. The Boy Scouts of America, Jenkintown Troop 2 records relate primarily to Jenkintown Troop 2 (BSA Troop 386), with some material for Jenkintown Cub Scout Pack 13 and Explorer Post 386. The collection includes committee minutes and memoranda books of Jenkintown Troop 2 as well as programs and miscellaneous material from the troop's parent bodies and related troops. (View full finding aid.)
title
Boy Scouts of America, Jenkintown Troop 2 records
creator
Boy Scouts of America. Troop 386 (Jenkintown, Pa. Troop #2)
id
OYR.2013.001
repository
extent
0.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1943-1963, 1993, 1995
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) is a youth development organization incorporated in 1910. The Boy Scouts of America, Jenkintown Troop 2 records relate primarily to Jenkintown Troop 2 (BSA Troop 386), with some material for Jenkintown Cub Scout Pack 13 and Explorer Post 386. The collection includes committee minutes and memoranda books of Jenkintown Troop 2 as well as programs and miscellaneous material from the troop's parent bodies and related troops.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1909-1922
Creator:
Cheltenham (Pa. : Township). Police Dept.
Extent: 6 linear feet
The Cheltenham Police Department, established in 1903, is as of 2013 the third largest Police Department in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The Cheltenham Police Department photographs, 1909-1922, consist of approximately 5,000 glass plate negatives, film negatives and a few prints, and contains official police department photographs of accident and crime scenes, mug shots, corpse and autopsy images, and fingerprints. Portions of this collection are restricted. (View full finding aid.)
title
Cheltenham Police Department photographs
creator
Cheltenham (Pa. : Township). Police Dept.
id
OYR.2006.072
repository
extent
6 linear feet
inclusive date
1909-1922
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Cheltenham Police Department, established in 1903, is as of 2013 the third largest Police Department in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The Cheltenham Police Department photographs, 1909-1922, consist of approximately 5,000 glass plate negatives, film negatives and a few prints, and contains official police department photographs of accident and crime scenes, mug shots, corpse and autopsy images, and fingerprints. Portions of this collection are restricted.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1871-1998
Creator:
Cheltenham United Methodist Church (Pa.)
Extent: 2.5 linear feet
The first Methodist church in Cheltenham, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania was built with funds donated by Thomas Rowland in 1845. In 2008 Cheltenham United Methodist Church merged into Fox Chase United Methodist Church. The Cheltenham United Methodist Church records, 1871-1998, consist of administrative and financial records of Cheltenham United Methodist Church, as well as materials from ladies auxiliary groups, the Sunday School, and other miscellaneous records. (View full finding aid.)
title
Cheltenham United Methodist Church records
creator
Cheltenham United Methodist Church (Pa.)
id
OYR.2011.071
repository
extent
2.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1871-1998
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The first Methodist church in Cheltenham, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania was built with funds donated by Thomas Rowland in 1845. In 2008 Cheltenham United Methodist Church merged into Fox Chase United Methodist Church. The Cheltenham United Methodist Church records, 1871-1998, consist of administrative and financial records of Cheltenham United Methodist Church, as well as materials from ladies auxiliary groups, the Sunday School, and other miscellaneous records.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1977-2001
(Bulk: 1996-2001)
Creator:
Child Care of Montgomery County.
Extent: 13.75 linear feet
The Child Care of Montgomery County (CCMC) began as a study group of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) and became a non-profit organization providing pre-and after-school care for children of working parents. It was incorporated on July 25, 1977, and folded in 2000. The Child Care of Montgomery County records, 1977-2001 [bulk 1996-2001], is comprised of the financial and administrative records of the organization, as well as some newsletters and brochures. (View full finding aid.)
title
Child Care of Montgomery County records
creator
Child Care of Montgomery County.
id
OYR.05
repository
extent
13.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1977-2001
bulk date
1996-2001
abstract/scope/contents
The Child Care of Montgomery County (CCMC) began as a study group of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) and became a non-profit organization providing pre-and after-school care for children of working parents. It was incorporated on July 25, 1977, and folded in 2000. The Child Care of Montgomery County records, 1977-2001 [bulk 1996-2001], is comprised of the financial and administrative records of the organization, as well as some newsletters and brochures.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1944-1945
Creator:
Kraeger, Robert H., 1897-1975
Extent: 0.2 linear feet
The Church of Our Saviour in Jenkintown, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania operated a Church Door Canteen during World War II, entertaining service men and women mostly from the nearby Willow Grove Naval Air Station. The Church Door Canteen memorabilia, 1944-1945, include papers relating to a quiz program, a telephone log, and ephemera. (View full finding aid.)
title
Church Door Canteen memorabilia
creator
Kraeger, Robert H., 1897-1975
id
OYR.2007.077
repository
extent
0.2 linear feet
inclusive date
1944-1945
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Church of Our Saviour in Jenkintown, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania operated a Church Door Canteen during World War II, entertaining service men and women mostly from the nearby Willow Grove Naval Air Station. The Church Door Canteen memorabilia, 1944-1945, include papers relating to a quiz program, a telephone log, and ephemera.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1923-1961
(Bulk: 1942-1945)
Creator:
Schuck, Clyde Mitchell
Extent: 1.6 linear feet
Clyde Mitchell Schuck of Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, was a World War II veteran and a long-time employee of Campbell Soup Company. During World War II, he attained the rank of Infantry Major and was aide to General Eichelberger, commander of the U.S. Eighth Army in the Pacific Theater. The Clyde M. Schuck papers, 1923-1961 (bulk 1942-1945), primarily consist of wartime letters to his wife. The collection also contains a wartime photograph album, some of Schuck's service records, and scattered documents dating from other times in his life. (View full finding aid.)
title
Clyde M. Schuck papers
creator
Schuck, Clyde Mitchell
id
OYR.2011.011
repository
extent
1.6 linear feet
inclusive date
1923-1961
bulk date
1942-1945
abstract/scope/contents
Clyde Mitchell Schuck of Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, was a World War II veteran and a long-time employee of Campbell Soup Company. During World War II, he attained the rank of Infantry Major and was aide to General Eichelberger, commander of the U.S. Eighth Army in the Pacific Theater. The Clyde M. Schuck papers, 1923-1961 (bulk 1942-1945), primarily consist of wartime letters to his wife. The collection also contains a wartime photograph album, some of Schuck's service records, and scattered documents dating from other times in his life.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1848-1925
Creator:
Comfort, Charles L., 1835-1913
Extent: 3 linear feet
Charles L. Comfort (1835-1913) was a Confederate Civil War veteran who settled in Philadelphia and opened a business in botanical preparations and flavoring extracts. His second wife was Ellen Lister Dern. The Comfort-Dern family papers, 1848-1925, are a miscellaneous accumulation of papers primarily relating to Charles L. Comfort and his father-in-law Conrad Dern. It includes receipted bills, family correspondence, photographs, business accounts, Badger/Comfort family genealogical notes, and various family documents and ephemera. There are also small amounts of records from two clubs in which family members were involved: the Utah Club and the Men's Chapter of the Guild of the Church of Our Savior (Jenkintown). (View full finding aid.)
title
Comfort-Dern family papers and memorabilia
creator
Comfort, Charles L., 1835-1913
id
OYR.1999.001
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1848-1925
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Charles L. Comfort (1835-1913) was a Confederate Civil War veteran who settled in Philadelphia and opened a business in botanical preparations and flavoring extracts. His second wife was Ellen Lister Dern. The Comfort-Dern family papers, 1848-1925, are a miscellaneous accumulation of papers primarily relating to Charles L. Comfort and his father-in-law Conrad Dern. It includes receipted bills, family correspondence, photographs, business accounts, Badger/Comfort family genealogical notes, and various family documents and ephemera. There are also small amounts of records from two clubs in which family members were involved: the Utah Club and the Men's Chapter of the Guild of the Church of Our Savior (Jenkintown).
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1926-1954
Creator:
Young, George S.
Extent: 0.25 linear feet
The Community Weekday Bible School of Jenkintown was organized in 1921 under the auspices of the Community Council of Religious Education. The Community Weekday Bible School of Jenkintown scrapbooks, 1926-1954, contain notices to parents, commencement programs, and clippings. The volumes were compiled by the Community Council’s President, George S. Young. (View full finding aid.)
title
Community Weekday Bible School of Jenkintown scrapbooks
creator
Young, George S.
id
OYR.2005.067
repository
extent
0.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1926-1954
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Community Weekday Bible School of Jenkintown was organized in 1921 under the auspices of the Community Council of Religious Education. The Community Weekday Bible School of Jenkintown scrapbooks, 1926-1954, contain notices to parents, commencement programs, and clippings. The volumes were compiled by the Community Council’s President, George S. Young.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1669-1980
Creator:
Cox, Robinson, and Ross families
Extent: 2.5 linear feet
The Cox, Ross, and Robinson families were important Pennsylvania families active in early Philadelphia and Bucks Counties, and later in the development of Hatboro in Montgomery County. The Cox-Robinson-Ross family papers, 1669-1980, include letters, financial and property records, business papers, photographs, scrapbooks, architectural drawings, and research materials documenting several generations. (View full finding aid.)
title
Cox-Robinson-Ross family papers
creator
Cox, Robinson, and Ross families
id
OYR.2012.032
repository
extent
2.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1669-1980
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Cox, Ross, and Robinson families were important Pennsylvania families active in early Philadelphia and Bucks Counties, and later in the development of Hatboro in Montgomery County. The Cox-Robinson-Ross family papers, 1669-1980, include letters, financial and property records, business papers, photographs, scrapbooks, architectural drawings, and research materials documenting several generations.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1866-1973
Creator:
Danenhower family
Extent: 0.4 linear feet
The Danenhower family at one time operated a mill on Pennypack Creek and were long-time residents of the Abington area in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The Danenhower family papers, 1866-1973, consist primarily of Eva C. Danenhower Davis diaries, 1967-1973, that record her daily activities while living in Gulfport, Mississippi, and in Philadelphia. Other family records include two autograph albums and a scrapbook. (View full finding aid.)
title
Danenhower family papers
creator
Danenhower family
id
OYR.2009.042
repository
extent
0.4 linear feet
inclusive date
1866-1973
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Danenhower family at one time operated a mill on Pennypack Creek and were long-time residents of the Abington area in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The Danenhower family papers, 1866-1973, consist primarily of Eva C. Danenhower Davis diaries, 1967-1973, that record her daily activities while living in Gulfport, Mississippi, and in Philadelphia. Other family records include two autograph albums and a scrapbook.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1967-1997
Creator:
Fesmire family
Extent: 0.4 linear feet
Norman W. Fesmire was chairman of the Lower Moreland Township Historical Architectural Review Board and his wife Sylvia co-founded the Pennickpacka Historical Society. These papers relate to the Fesmires' interest in Lower Moreland Township history and historic preservation. The Fesmire papers, 1967-1997, include notes on local history and historic sites, extracts from publications, and ephemera. (View full finding aid.)
title
Fesmire papers
creator
Fesmire family
id
OYR.2004.027
repository
extent
0.4 linear feet
inclusive date
1967-1997
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Norman W. Fesmire was chairman of the Lower Moreland Township Historical Architectural Review Board and his wife Sylvia co-founded the Pennickpacka Historical Society. These papers relate to the Fesmires' interest in Lower Moreland Township history and historic preservation. The Fesmire papers, 1967-1997, include notes on local history and historic sites, extracts from publications, and ephemera.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1761-1955
(Bulk: 1860-1955)
Creator:
Gibson family
Extent: 0.9 linear feet
Henry C. Gibson (1830-1891), one of the wealthiest men in Philadelphia in his time, indulged liberally in collecting art and philanthropic causes. His son, J. Howard Gibson, lived from about 1855 until about 1894. J. Howard's grandson, Henry C. Gibson, Jr. (born circa 1922), established a firm to explore commercial uses of atomic energy in Palm Beach, Florida. The Gibson family papers, 1860-1955, primarily concern John Howard Gibson and his father Henry Clay Gibson, with some material on other family members. It consists mostly of family scrapbooks and memorabilia. (View full finding aid.)
title
Gibson family papers
creator
Gibson family
id
OYR.2012.007
repository
extent
0.9 linear feet
inclusive date
1761-1955
bulk date
1860-1955
abstract/scope/contents
Henry C. Gibson (1830-1891), one of the wealthiest men in Philadelphia in his time, indulged liberally in collecting art and philanthropic causes. His son, J. Howard Gibson, lived from about 1855 until about 1894. J. Howard's grandson, Henry C. Gibson, Jr. (born circa 1922), established a firm to explore commercial uses of atomic energy in Palm Beach, Florida. The Gibson family papers, 1860-1955, primarily concern John Howard Gibson and his father Henry Clay Gibson, with some material on other family members. It consists mostly of family scrapbooks and memorabilia.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1939-2000
Creator:
Glenside-Weldon Parent-Teacher Association.
Extent: 12.5 linear feet
Glenside Weldon Elementary and Junior High School was a part of the Abington School District. It opened in 1907 and closed in 2001. The Glenside Weldon Elementary and Junior High School records, 1939-2000, is primarily composed of scrapbooks assembled by the Glenside-Weldon Parent Teacher Association (PTA), as well as subject-based files and administrative and financial records of the PTA. (View full finding aid.)
title
Glenside Weldon Elementary and Junior High School records
creator
Glenside-Weldon Parent-Teacher Association.
id
OYR.06
repository
extent
12.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1939-2000
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Glenside Weldon Elementary and Junior High School was a part of the Abington School District. It opened in 1907 and closed in 2001. The Glenside Weldon Elementary and Junior High School records, 1939-2000, is primarily composed of scrapbooks assembled by the Glenside-Weldon Parent Teacher Association (PTA), as well as subject-based files and administrative and financial records of the PTA.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1962-1994
Creator:
Greater Jenkintown Chamber of Commerce.
Extent: 2.5 linear feet
The Jenkintown Businessmen's Association was established in 1933. Over the next several years the organization changed its name a number of times. In 1961 the group became known as the Jenkintown Chamber of Commerce. The organization marked its expanding geographical interests when it renamed itself the Greater Jenkintown Chamber of Commerce in 1968 and then the Eastern Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce in 1992. The Greater Jenkintown Chamber of Commerce records, 1962-1994, consist of Board of Directors minutes and other materials relating to the activities of the organization. (View full finding aid.)
title
Greater Jenkintown Chamber of Commerce records
creator
Greater Jenkintown Chamber of Commerce.
id
OYR.2004.020
repository
extent
2.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1962-1994
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Jenkintown Businessmen's Association was established in 1933. Over the next several years the organization changed its name a number of times. In 1961 the group became known as the Jenkintown Chamber of Commerce. The organization marked its expanding geographical interests when it renamed itself the Greater Jenkintown Chamber of Commerce in 1968 and then the Eastern Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce in 1992. The Greater Jenkintown Chamber of Commerce records, 1962-1994, consist of Board of Directors minutes and other materials relating to the activities of the organization.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1926-1985
Creator:
Utzy, Harry J., 1908-1992
Extent: 20 linear feet
Harry J. Utzy, Jr. (1908-1992) was a commercial, portrait, and news photographer active in the Jenkintown area. The Harry J. Utzy, Jr., photographs, 1926-1985, contain approximately 20,000 glass negatives, original film negatives, and prints that largely document the area of Jenkintown, Pennsylvania. Also included are photographic prints documenting the newly-constructed Alaska Highway (1943). (View full finding aid.)
title
Harry J. Utzy, Jr. photographs
creator
Utzy, Harry J., 1908-1992
id
OYR.1992-001
repository
extent
20 linear feet
inclusive date
1926-1985
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Harry J. Utzy, Jr. (1908-1992) was a commercial, portrait, and news photographer active in the Jenkintown area. The Harry J. Utzy, Jr., photographs, 1926-1985, contain approximately 20,000 glass negatives, original film negatives, and prints that largely document the area of Jenkintown, Pennsylvania. Also included are photographic prints documenting the newly-constructed Alaska Highway (1943).
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
circa 1903-1988
Creator:
Heist family
Extent: 7 linear feet
The Heist family once owned virtually all the land bounded by Easton Road, Church Road, Limekiln Pike and Glenside Avenue in Glenside, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Through marriage into the Schnell family, they later owned land in Flourtown and developed many of the early suburban communities in that area. The Heist-Schnell family papers, circa 1903-1988, consist primarily of check stubs, bank statements, cancelled checks, account books, and other financial records. The collection also contains a significant amount of ephemera from local schools and churches, as well as some some articles by entomologist Eleanor Heist Slifer. (View full finding aid.)
title
Heist-Schnell family papers
creator
Heist family
id
OYR.2007.056
repository
extent
7 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1903-1988
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Heist family once owned virtually all the land bounded by Easton Road, Church Road, Limekiln Pike and Glenside Avenue in Glenside, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Through marriage into the Schnell family, they later owned land in Flourtown and developed many of the early suburban communities in that area. The Heist-Schnell family papers, circa 1903-1988, consist primarily of check stubs, bank statements, cancelled checks, account books, and other financial records. The collection also contains a significant amount of ephemera from local schools and churches, as well as some some articles by entomologist Eleanor Heist Slifer.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Old York Road Historical Society [Contact Us]
1896-1968
Creator:
Hillside Cemetery.
Extent: 1 linear feet ((2 boxes))
The Hillside Cemetery was formed in 1890 in Abington, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, and is still in operation as of 2012. The Hillside Cemetery miscellaneous records, 1896-1968, include records of body removals, interment records, and financial records. (View full finding aid.)
title
Hillside Cemetery miscellaneous records
creator
Hillside Cemetery.
id
OYR.2006.018
repository
extent
1 linear feet ((2 boxes))
inclusive date
1896-1968
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Hillside Cemetery was formed in 1890 in Abington, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, and is still in operation as of 2012. The Hillside Cemetery miscellaneous records, 1896-1968, include records of body removals, interment records, and financial records.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
« First • Previous • NextLast »