Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
Remove
filtered Subject: Corporate name: Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 2 out of 2  
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society [Contact Us]
1951-1995
Creator:
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
Extent: 2 linear feet
Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. The Plymouth Meeting Historical Society maps, architectural drawings, and aerial photographs collection, 1951-1995, consists of: local maps of Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships and surrounding areas; blueprints of the Dickinson Farmstead and Plymouth Meeting Historical Society property; and aerial photographs coinciding with construction planning for PA-476 highway and the Pennsylvania Turnpike (circa 1975-1980). (View full finding aid.)
title
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society maps, architectural drawings, and aerial photographs collection
creator
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
id
PMHS.04
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1951-1995
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. The Plymouth Meeting Historical Society maps, architectural drawings, and aerial photographs collection, 1951-1995, consists of: local maps of Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships and surrounding areas; blueprints of the Dickinson Farmstead and Plymouth Meeting Historical Society property; and aerial photographs coinciding with construction planning for PA-476 highway and the Pennsylvania Turnpike (circa 1975-1980).
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society [Contact Us]
circa 1850-2002
Creator:
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
Extent: 6 linear feet
Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. The Plymouth Meeting Historical Society photograph collection, circa 1850-2002, consists of various photographs--including daguerreotypes, tintypes, ambrotypes, stereographs, film and glass negatives, and photo albums--documenting Whitemarsh and Plymouth Township local history. There are pictures of houses and buildings, identified and unidentified people, and Plymouth Meeting Historical Society events. There is a slide collection and a script about the history of Plymouth and Whitemarsh townships. (View full finding aid.)
title
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society photograph collection
creator
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
id
PMHS.02
repository
extent
6 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1850-2002
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. The Plymouth Meeting Historical Society photograph collection, circa 1850-2002, consists of various photographs--including daguerreotypes, tintypes, ambrotypes, stereographs, film and glass negatives, and photo albums--documenting Whitemarsh and Plymouth Township local history. There are pictures of houses and buildings, identified and unidentified people, and Plymouth Meeting Historical Society events. There is a slide collection and a script about the history of Plymouth and Whitemarsh townships.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet