Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
Remove
filtered Subject: Topic: Genealogy
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 2 out of 2  
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society [Contact Us]
1709-1976
Creator:
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
Extent: 3.5 linear feet
Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. Plymouth Meeting Historical Society small collections, 1709-1976, consist of various small collections held by the Plymouth Meeting Historical Society. The collections document local families, including the Lukens, Corson, and Zimmerman and Dager families. There is also documentation of local properties, in the form of deeds and tax assessments. (View full finding aid.)
title
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society small collections
creator
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
id
PMHS.05
repository
extent
3.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1709-1976
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. Plymouth Meeting Historical Society small collections, 1709-1976, consist of various small collections held by the Plymouth Meeting Historical Society. The collections document local families, including the Lukens, Corson, and Zimmerman and Dager families. There is also documentation of local properties, in the form of deeds and tax assessments.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society [Contact Us]
1787-2012
(Bulk: 1950-1990)
Creator:
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
Extent: 19 linear feet
Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. The Plymouth Meeting Historical Society subject files, 1787-2012, document Plymouth and Whitemarsh local history including people, families, buildings and locales, events, and organizations. Most of the materials are secondary-source, such as newspaper clippings, photocopies, research notes, pamphlets, and ephemera with a small amount of original, primary source documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society subject files
creator
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
id
PMHS.06
repository
extent
19 linear feet
inclusive date
1787-2012
bulk date
1950-1990
abstract/scope/contents
Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. The Plymouth Meeting Historical Society subject files, 1787-2012, document Plymouth and Whitemarsh local history including people, families, buildings and locales, events, and organizations. Most of the materials are secondary-source, such as newspaper clippings, photocopies, research notes, pamphlets, and ephemera with a small amount of original, primary source documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet