Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
Remove
filtered Sort: Title (ascending)
Sort Results By:
hide/display content

Possible Sorts:

Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 6 out of 6  
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society [Contact Us]
1836-1979
(Bulk: 1865-1925)
Creator:
Ambler, Alice H., 1889-1981
Extent: 3.25 linear feet
Alice H. Ambler (1889-1981) was an active community historian in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania. She descended from prominent families in the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), including Mary Ambler, for whom the town of Ambler, Pennsylvania is named. Alice's mother was Annie Foulke Webster, daughter of William and Elizabeth (Jones) Webster. Alice's grandmother was Eliza Moore Ambler. The Alice H. Ambler family papers, 1836-1979 (bulk 1865-1925), consist of correspondence, essays and writings, ephemera, photographs, some published works, ledgers, a diary, an autograph book, and other family papers. The majority of the collection is correspondence relating to Alice H., Annie F. W., and Eliza M. Ambler. (View full finding aid.)
title
Alice H. Ambler family papers
creator
Ambler, Alice H., 1889-1981
id
PMHS.01
repository
extent
3.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1836-1979
bulk date
1865-1925
abstract/scope/contents
Alice H. Ambler (1889-1981) was an active community historian in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania. She descended from prominent families in the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), including Mary Ambler, for whom the town of Ambler, Pennsylvania is named. Alice's mother was Annie Foulke Webster, daughter of William and Elizabeth (Jones) Webster. Alice's grandmother was Eliza Moore Ambler. The Alice H. Ambler family papers, 1836-1979 (bulk 1865-1925), consist of correspondence, essays and writings, ephemera, photographs, some published works, ledgers, a diary, an autograph book, and other family papers. The majority of the collection is correspondence relating to Alice H., Annie F. W., and Eliza M. Ambler.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society [Contact Us]
circa 1950-1990
Creator:
Corson, Nancy, 1920-2012
Extent: 7 linear feet
Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. The Nancy Corson clippings scrapbooks, circa 1950-1990, consist of about three-dozen newspaper clippings scrapbooks compiled by local activist and member of Plymouth Monthly Meeting (of Quakers) Nancy Corson. They pertain to the areas of Plymouth Meeting, Whitemarsh Township, and the Borough of Ambler, and are organized into binders by subjects such as: social events, police reports, business and industry, politics, sports, and religion. (View full finding aid.)
title
Nancy Corson clippings scrapbooks
creator
Corson, Nancy, 1920-2012
id
PMHS.03
repository
extent
7 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1950-1990
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. The Nancy Corson clippings scrapbooks, circa 1950-1990, consist of about three-dozen newspaper clippings scrapbooks compiled by local activist and member of Plymouth Monthly Meeting (of Quakers) Nancy Corson. They pertain to the areas of Plymouth Meeting, Whitemarsh Township, and the Borough of Ambler, and are organized into binders by subjects such as: social events, police reports, business and industry, politics, sports, and religion.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society [Contact Us]
1951-1995
Creator:
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
Extent: 2 linear feet
Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. The Plymouth Meeting Historical Society maps, architectural drawings, and aerial photographs collection, 1951-1995, consists of: local maps of Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships and surrounding areas; blueprints of the Dickinson Farmstead and Plymouth Meeting Historical Society property; and aerial photographs coinciding with construction planning for PA-476 highway and the Pennsylvania Turnpike (circa 1975-1980). (View full finding aid.)
title
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society maps, architectural drawings, and aerial photographs collection
creator
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
id
PMHS.04
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1951-1995
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. The Plymouth Meeting Historical Society maps, architectural drawings, and aerial photographs collection, 1951-1995, consists of: local maps of Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships and surrounding areas; blueprints of the Dickinson Farmstead and Plymouth Meeting Historical Society property; and aerial photographs coinciding with construction planning for PA-476 highway and the Pennsylvania Turnpike (circa 1975-1980).
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society [Contact Us]
circa 1850-2002
Creator:
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
Extent: 6 linear feet
Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. The Plymouth Meeting Historical Society photograph collection, circa 1850-2002, consists of various photographs--including daguerreotypes, tintypes, ambrotypes, stereographs, film and glass negatives, and photo albums--documenting Whitemarsh and Plymouth Township local history. There are pictures of houses and buildings, identified and unidentified people, and Plymouth Meeting Historical Society events. There is a slide collection and a script about the history of Plymouth and Whitemarsh townships. (View full finding aid.)
title
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society photograph collection
creator
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
id
PMHS.02
repository
extent
6 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1850-2002
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. The Plymouth Meeting Historical Society photograph collection, circa 1850-2002, consists of various photographs--including daguerreotypes, tintypes, ambrotypes, stereographs, film and glass negatives, and photo albums--documenting Whitemarsh and Plymouth Township local history. There are pictures of houses and buildings, identified and unidentified people, and Plymouth Meeting Historical Society events. There is a slide collection and a script about the history of Plymouth and Whitemarsh townships.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society [Contact Us]
1709-1976
Creator:
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
Extent: 3.5 linear feet
Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. Plymouth Meeting Historical Society small collections, 1709-1976, consist of various small collections held by the Plymouth Meeting Historical Society. The collections document local families, including the Lukens, Corson, and Zimmerman and Dager families. There is also documentation of local properties, in the form of deeds and tax assessments. (View full finding aid.)
title
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society small collections
creator
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
id
PMHS.05
repository
extent
3.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1709-1976
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. Plymouth Meeting Historical Society small collections, 1709-1976, consist of various small collections held by the Plymouth Meeting Historical Society. The collections document local families, including the Lukens, Corson, and Zimmerman and Dager families. There is also documentation of local properties, in the form of deeds and tax assessments.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society [Contact Us]
1787-2012
(Bulk: 1950-1990)
Creator:
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
Extent: 19 linear feet
Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. The Plymouth Meeting Historical Society subject files, 1787-2012, document Plymouth and Whitemarsh local history including people, families, buildings and locales, events, and organizations. Most of the materials are secondary-source, such as newspaper clippings, photocopies, research notes, pamphlets, and ephemera with a small amount of original, primary source documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society subject files
creator
Plymouth Meeting Historical Society
id
PMHS.06
repository
extent
19 linear feet
inclusive date
1787-2012
bulk date
1950-1990
abstract/scope/contents
Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. The Plymouth Meeting Historical Society subject files, 1787-2012, document Plymouth and Whitemarsh local history including people, families, buildings and locales, events, and organizations. Most of the materials are secondary-source, such as newspaper clippings, photocopies, research notes, pamphlets, and ephemera with a small amount of original, primary source documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
« First • Previous • Next • Last »