Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: Radnor Historical Society
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 19 out of 19  
Radnor Historical Society [Contact Us]
1972-2007
Creator:
The Suburban and Wayne Times (Wayne, Pa.)
Extent: 30 linear feet
The Suburban and Wayne Times was a newspaper covering local news, sports, business, entertainment, and other topics of interest in the "Main Line" of western Philadelphia suburbs from Bala Cynwyd to Malvern. The paper was published from 1885 until 2009, when Main Line Media News, the parent company of the Suburban and Wayne Times and Main Line Life, merged the two papers to form the new periodical Main Line and Suburban Life. The Suburban and Wayne Times photographs, 1972-2007, consist of prints, contact sheets, and negatives of photographs taken by the Suburban and Wayne Times for possible publication in the newspaper. (View full finding aid.)
title
"The Suburban and Wayne Times" photographs
creator
The Suburban and Wayne Times (Wayne, Pa.)
id
RHS.16
repository
extent
30 linear feet
inclusive date
1972-2007
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Suburban and Wayne Times was a newspaper covering local news, sports, business, entertainment, and other topics of interest in the "Main Line" of western Philadelphia suburbs from Bala Cynwyd to Malvern. The paper was published from 1885 until 2009, when Main Line Media News, the parent company of the Suburban and Wayne Times and Main Line Life, merged the two papers to form the new periodical Main Line and Suburban Life. The Suburban and Wayne Times photographs, 1972-2007, consist of prints, contact sheets, and negatives of photographs taken by the Suburban and Wayne Times for possible publication in the newspaper.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Radnor Historical Society [Contact Us]
1903-2000
(Bulk: 1965-2000)
Creator:
C. N. Agnew, Realtor, Inc.
Extent: 14 linear feet
In 1923, C. N. Agnew founded a real estate business to sell and appraise real estate on the Main Line of Philadelphia. As of 2014, the firm he established continues to operate from its office at 103 North Wayne Ave. in Wayne, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The C. N. Agnew, Realtor, Inc. records, 1903-2000 (bulk 1965-2000), consist of annotated Main Line Board of Realtors listing cards and C. N. Agnew, Realtor, Inc. files on properties. The files on properties include inspection forms, appraisals, correspondence, contracts, copies of checks, newspaper clippings, photographs of the property, deeds, and other materials associated with the sale of real estate. (View full finding aid.)
title
C. N. Agnew, Realtor, Inc. records
creator
C. N. Agnew, Realtor, Inc.
id
RHS.14
repository
extent
14 linear feet
inclusive date
1903-2000
bulk date
1965-2000
abstract/scope/contents
In 1923, C. N. Agnew founded a real estate business to sell and appraise real estate on the Main Line of Philadelphia. As of 2014, the firm he established continues to operate from its office at 103 North Wayne Ave. in Wayne, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The C. N. Agnew, Realtor, Inc. records, 1903-2000 (bulk 1965-2000), consist of annotated Main Line Board of Realtors listing cards and C. N. Agnew, Realtor, Inc. files on properties. The files on properties include inspection forms, appraisals, correspondence, contracts, copies of checks, newspaper clippings, photographs of the property, deeds, and other materials associated with the sale of real estate.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Radnor Historical Society [Contact Us]
1892-1950
Creator:
Schultz, Emilie Sayen, 1873-1950
Extent: 1 linear feet
Emilie Longstreth Sayen (1873-1950) and George W. Schultz (1864-1957) both came from upper class families and married in 1892 in Wayne, Pennsylvania. Among other interests, Emilie enjoyed the popular Victorian hobby of scrapbooking. George held many patents, and was an amateur photographer and illustrator. They had five children together before separating around 1904 and divorcing in 1913. The Emilie Sayen Schultz family scrapbooks, 1892-1950, are from Emilie Sayen Schultz, the Sayen family, and Emilie's husband, George W. Schultz. Most of the scrapbooks document the lives of wealthy Philadelphia suburbanites from the late 19th century to the mid-20th century, although one is focused on World War I. The photograph albums depict scenes from Wayne, Pennsylvania and other areas nearby. (View full finding aid.)
title
Emilie Sayen Schultz family scrapbooks
creator
Schultz, Emilie Sayen, 1873-1950
id
RHS.09
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
1892-1950
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Emilie Longstreth Sayen (1873-1950) and George W. Schultz (1864-1957) both came from upper class families and married in 1892 in Wayne, Pennsylvania. Among other interests, Emilie enjoyed the popular Victorian hobby of scrapbooking. George held many patents, and was an amateur photographer and illustrator. They had five children together before separating around 1904 and divorcing in 1913. The Emilie Sayen Schultz family scrapbooks, 1892-1950, are from Emilie Sayen Schultz, the Sayen family, and Emilie's husband, George W. Schultz. Most of the scrapbooks document the lives of wealthy Philadelphia suburbanites from the late 19th century to the mid-20th century, although one is focused on World War I. The photograph albums depict scenes from Wayne, Pennsylvania and other areas nearby.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Radnor Historical Society [Contact Us]
1917-1923
Creator:
Firemen's Association of the State of Pennsylvania
Extent: 3 linear feet
The Firemen's Association of the State of Pennsylvania is an advocacy group, fraternal organization, and beneficial association offering death and disability benefits. Paid and volunteer firefighters in the state of Pennsylvania are eligible for membership. It was organized in 1880 and is still active as of 2014. The Firemen's Association of the State of Pennsylvania records, 1917-1923, consist almost entirely of member cards listing member name, fire station affiliation and location, and other relevant information, including death benefits if applicable. (View full finding aid.)
title
Firemen's Association of the State of Pennsylvania records
creator
Firemen's Association of the State of Pennsylvania
id
RHS.04
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1917-1923
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Firemen's Association of the State of Pennsylvania is an advocacy group, fraternal organization, and beneficial association offering death and disability benefits. Paid and volunteer firefighters in the state of Pennsylvania are eligible for membership. It was organized in 1880 and is still active as of 2014. The Firemen's Association of the State of Pennsylvania records, 1917-1923, consist almost entirely of member cards listing member name, fire station affiliation and location, and other relevant information, including death benefits if applicable.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Radnor Historical Society [Contact Us]
1846-1962
(Bulk: 1931-1962)
Creator:
Sausser, Frances Hughs, 1882-1963
Extent: 1 linear feet
Frances Hughs Sausser (1882-1963) was one of the founders of the Radnor Historical Society in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Married twice but with no children, Sausser was active in her church and in researching her family genealogy. The Frances Sausser papers, 1846-1962 (bulk 1931-1962), include a large amount of Mrs. Sausser's correspondence and genealogy research notes, and a small amount of family papers including photographs. The collection documents the life of an early to mid-twentieth century upper-middle class woman, her family genealogy, and the genealogy research process. (View full finding aid.)
title
Frances Sausser papers
creator
Sausser, Frances Hughs, 1882-1963
id
RHS.06
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
1846-1962
bulk date
1931-1962
abstract/scope/contents
Frances Hughs Sausser (1882-1963) was one of the founders of the Radnor Historical Society in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Married twice but with no children, Sausser was active in her church and in researching her family genealogy. The Frances Sausser papers, 1846-1962 (bulk 1931-1962), include a large amount of Mrs. Sausser's correspondence and genealogy research notes, and a small amount of family papers including photographs. The collection documents the life of an early to mid-twentieth century upper-middle class woman, her family genealogy, and the genealogy research process.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Radnor Historical Society [Contact Us]
circa 1920-1965
Creator:
J. M. Fronefield Real Estate
Extent: 6 linear feet
Joseph Mellon Fronefield, Jr. (1861-1930) established a real estate business in Wayne, Delaware County, Pennsylvania in 1910. Initially the company operated out of his home, until he constructed an office nearby in 1928. The firm merged with another local real estate office in 1986 to form Dewey-Fronefield Realtors, Inc. The J. M. Fronefield Real Estate records, circa 1920s-1965, consist primarily of property maps on blue print paper, and appraisals with correspondence and other accompanying documentation. (View full finding aid.)
title
J. M. Fronefield Real Estate records
creator
J. M. Fronefield Real Estate
id
RHS.15
repository
extent
6 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1920-1965
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Joseph Mellon Fronefield, Jr. (1861-1930) established a real estate business in Wayne, Delaware County, Pennsylvania in 1910. Initially the company operated out of his home, until he constructed an office nearby in 1928. The firm merged with another local real estate office in 1986 to form Dewey-Fronefield Realtors, Inc. The J. M. Fronefield Real Estate records, circa 1920s-1965, consist primarily of property maps on blue print paper, and appraisals with correspondence and other accompanying documentation.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Radnor Historical Society [Contact Us]
1887-1913
Creator:
L. K. Burket and Brother
Extent: 5 linear feet
L. K. Burket and Brother was a fuel supply company located in Radnor Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The company began in 1887 and lasted until 2005, when it closed after several generations of family management. The L. K. Burket and Brother ledgers, 1887-1913, consist mostly of financial volumes such as daybooks and account books. There is also some correspondence and a receipt scrapbook in the collection. (View full finding aid.)
title
L. K. Burket and Brother ledgers
creator
L. K. Burket and Brother
id
RHS.01
repository
extent
5 linear feet
inclusive date
1887-1913
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
L. K. Burket and Brother was a fuel supply company located in Radnor Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The company began in 1887 and lasted until 2005, when it closed after several generations of family management. The L. K. Burket and Brother ledgers, 1887-1913, consist mostly of financial volumes such as daybooks and account books. There is also some correspondence and a receipt scrapbook in the collection.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Radnor Historical Society [Contact Us]
circa 1870-1906
Creator:
Morrison family
Extent: 2 linear feet
John W. Morrison, born in 1842, worked in a Photo Supply House as a youth before he joined the Union Army during the Civil War, served in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, and was appointed to posts as State Treasurer of Pennsylvania and Deputy Commissioner of Banking for the State of Pennsylvania. His family home in Wayne, Delaware County, Pennsylvania was located at 425 Chestnut Lane. The Morrison family glass plate negatives, circa 1870-1906, consist of about 100 plates depicting Morrison family members or buildings and scenery in Wayne or other locations along the Main Line. (View full finding aid.)
title
Morrison family glass plate negatives
creator
Morrison family
id
RHS.17
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1870-1906
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
John W. Morrison, born in 1842, worked in a Photo Supply House as a youth before he joined the Union Army during the Civil War, served in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, and was appointed to posts as State Treasurer of Pennsylvania and Deputy Commissioner of Banking for the State of Pennsylvania. His family home in Wayne, Delaware County, Pennsylvania was located at 425 Chestnut Lane. The Morrison family glass plate negatives, circa 1870-1906, consist of about 100 plates depicting Morrison family members or buildings and scenery in Wayne or other locations along the Main Line.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Radnor Historical Society [Contact Us]
1911-2012
Creator:
Musical Coterie of Wayne (Pa.)
Extent: 4.5 linear feet
The Musical Coterie of Wayne (Delaware County, Pennsylvania), established in 1911 and still active as of 2014, began as a women's choral group that performed in the homes of members. Its first public performance was held at the Saturday Club in Wayne in 1914, spawning the group's tradition of holding annual spring and winter concerts. In 1926, the group started the Junior Coterie as a means of fostering musical interest among children; in 1953 an orchestral section of the Coterie was formed, called the Coterie Strings. The Musical Coterie of Wayne (Pa.) records, 1911-2012, contain administrative, financial, and membership records, as well as scrapbooks, photographs, printed material, and other items documenting the group's history. (View full finding aid.)
title
Musical Coterie of Wayne records
creator
Musical Coterie of Wayne (Pa.)
id
RHS.08
repository
extent
4.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1911-2012
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Musical Coterie of Wayne (Delaware County, Pennsylvania), established in 1911 and still active as of 2014, began as a women's choral group that performed in the homes of members. Its first public performance was held at the Saturday Club in Wayne in 1914, spawning the group's tradition of holding annual spring and winter concerts. In 1926, the group started the Junior Coterie as a means of fostering musical interest among children; in 1953 an orchestral section of the Coterie was formed, called the Coterie Strings. The Musical Coterie of Wayne (Pa.) records, 1911-2012, contain administrative, financial, and membership records, as well as scrapbooks, photographs, printed material, and other items documenting the group's history.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Radnor Historical Society [Contact Us]
1890-2003
Creator:
North Wayne Protective Association (Wayne, Pa.)
Extent: 9 linear feet
The North Wayne Protective Association (NWPA) was organized in 1885 as a civic association. It was incorporated in 1890 and still exists as of 2014, making it the oldest continuing civic organization in the country. The NWPA was originally formed to improve the neighborhood by addressing issues such as street lighting and road paving, but over the years the Association has developed a wider range of activities for the community. The North Wayne Protective Association records, 1890-2003, contain financial and administrative records, including an almost complete set of meeting minutes; correspondence; printed materials, such as newsletters and flyers; photographs; and ephemera. (View full finding aid.)
title
North Wayne Protective Association records
creator
North Wayne Protective Association (Wayne, Pa.)
id
RHS.02
repository
extent
9 linear feet
inclusive date
1890-2003
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The North Wayne Protective Association (NWPA) was organized in 1885 as a civic association. It was incorporated in 1890 and still exists as of 2014, making it the oldest continuing civic organization in the country. The NWPA was originally formed to improve the neighborhood by addressing issues such as street lighting and road paving, but over the years the Association has developed a wider range of activities for the community. The North Wayne Protective Association records, 1890-2003, contain financial and administrative records, including an almost complete set of meeting minutes; correspondence; printed materials, such as newsletters and flyers; photographs; and ephemera.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Radnor Historical Society [Contact Us]
1885-1972
Creator:
Radnor Historical Society (Pa. : Township)
Extent: 872 items
The Radnor Historical Society architectural drawings collection, 1885-1972, contains the records of a number of Delaware and Montgomery County (Pa.) and West Philadelphia residential developers, architects, and builders, much of which reflects the rapid suburban development of this area circa 1890-1930. The collection is organized in three series: I. Architectural drawings & prints. II. Maps, survey drawings and ground plans. III. Specifications and other manuscript project file materials. The collection is on loan to the Athenaeum of Philadelphia, with the support of the Pew Charitable Trusts through its Museum Loan Program; contact the Athenaeum of Philadelphia to access this collection. (View full finding aid.)
title
Radnor Historical Society architectural drawings collection
creator
Radnor Historical Society (Pa. : Township)
id
RHS.19
repository
extent
872 items
inclusive date
1885-1972
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Radnor Historical Society architectural drawings collection, 1885-1972, contains the records of a number of Delaware and Montgomery County (Pa.) and West Philadelphia residential developers, architects, and builders, much of which reflects the rapid suburban development of this area circa 1890-1930. The collection is organized in three series: I. Architectural drawings & prints. II. Maps, survey drawings and ground plans. III. Specifications and other manuscript project file materials. The collection is on loan to the Athenaeum of Philadelphia, with the support of the Pew Charitable Trusts through its Museum Loan Program; contact the Athenaeum of Philadelphia to access this collection.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Radnor Historical Society [Contact Us]
1702-circa 2010
Creator:
Radnor Historical Society (Pa. : Township)
Extent: 25 linear feet
Radnor Township in Delaware County, Pennsylvania was founded in 1682, shortly after Welsh Quakers arrived on the lands previously home to the original inhabitants, the Lenni Lenape Indians. Development in the area increased when new transportation routes passed through the area, first the Lancaster Turnpike (the first toll road in America) in 1794, and then the Columbia (later Pennsylvania) Railroad in 1832. The township's population doubled between 1880 and 1890 with the birth of one of the country's first planned suburban developments, Wayne. Development and population boomed again in the wake of World War II and has continued to grow in the 21st century. The Radnor Historical Society manuscript collection, 1702-circa 2010, consists of a variety of original manuscript materials relating to the people, businesses, and organizations of Radnor Township and its vicinity. It includes photographs (prints, albums, and glass plate and film negatives), scrapbooks, financial records, property records and deeds, and other materials. (View full finding aid.)
title
Radnor Historical Society manuscript collection
creator
Radnor Historical Society (Pa. : Township)
id
RHS.05
repository
extent
25 linear feet
inclusive date
1702-circa 2010
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Radnor Township in Delaware County, Pennsylvania was founded in 1682, shortly after Welsh Quakers arrived on the lands previously home to the original inhabitants, the Lenni Lenape Indians. Development in the area increased when new transportation routes passed through the area, first the Lancaster Turnpike (the first toll road in America) in 1794, and then the Columbia (later Pennsylvania) Railroad in 1832. The township's population doubled between 1880 and 1890 with the birth of one of the country's first planned suburban developments, Wayne. Development and population boomed again in the wake of World War II and has continued to grow in the 21st century. The Radnor Historical Society manuscript collection, 1702-circa 2010, consists of a variety of original manuscript materials relating to the people, businesses, and organizations of Radnor Township and its vicinity. It includes photographs (prints, albums, and glass plate and film negatives), scrapbooks, financial records, property records and deeds, and other materials.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Radnor Historical Society [Contact Us]
1872-2014
Creator:
Radnor Historical Society (Pa. : Township)
Extent: 7 linear feet
Radnor Township in Delaware County, Pennsylvania was founded in 1682, shortly after Welsh Quakers arrived on the lands previously home to the original inhabitants, the Lenni Lenape Indians. Development in the area increased when new transportation routes passed through the area, first the Lancaster Turnpike (the first toll road in America) in 1794, and then the Columbia (later Pennsylvania) Railroad in 1832. The township's population doubled between 1880 and 1890 with the birth of one of the country's first planned suburban developments, Wayne. Development and population boomed again in the wake of World War II and has continued to grow in the 21st century. The Radnor Historical Society map, atlas, and blueprint collection, 1872-2014, consists of several dozen atlases (including railroad maps, business atlases, property atlases, and other atlases); loose maps; and blueprints for private homes and for businesses. The geographic foci of the collection are Wayne, Radnor Township, the Main Line, and Delaware and Chester counties in Pennsylvania. (View full finding aid.)
title
Radnor Historical Society map, atlas, and blueprint collection
creator
Radnor Historical Society (Pa. : Township)
id
RHS.11
repository
extent
7 linear feet
inclusive date
1872-2014
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Radnor Township in Delaware County, Pennsylvania was founded in 1682, shortly after Welsh Quakers arrived on the lands previously home to the original inhabitants, the Lenni Lenape Indians. Development in the area increased when new transportation routes passed through the area, first the Lancaster Turnpike (the first toll road in America) in 1794, and then the Columbia (later Pennsylvania) Railroad in 1832. The township's population doubled between 1880 and 1890 with the birth of one of the country's first planned suburban developments, Wayne. Development and population boomed again in the wake of World War II and has continued to grow in the 21st century. The Radnor Historical Society map, atlas, and blueprint collection, 1872-2014, consists of several dozen atlases (including railroad maps, business atlases, property atlases, and other atlases); loose maps; and blueprints for private homes and for businesses. The geographic foci of the collection are Wayne, Radnor Township, the Main Line, and Delaware and Chester counties in Pennsylvania.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Radnor Historical Society [Contact Us]
circa 1860-2014
Creator:
Radnor Historical Society (Pa. : Township)
Extent: 27 linear feet
Radnor Township in Delaware County, Pennsylvania was founded in 1682, shortly after Welsh Quakers arrived on the lands previously home to the original inhabitants, the Lenni Lenape Indians. Development in the area increased when new transportation routes passed through the area, first the Lancaster Turnpike (the first toll road in America) in 1794, and then the Columbia (later Pennsylvania) Railroad in 1832. The township's population doubled between 1880 and 1890 with the birth of one of the country's first planned suburban developments, Wayne. Development and population boomed again in the wake of World War II and has continued to grow in the 21st century. The Radnor Historical Society subject files, circa 1860-2014, contain a general subject file with separate series for Streets, Estates, and Genealogy. Materials are mostly secondary-source, such as newspaper clippings, photocopies, printed materials, and ephemera, but there are also a large number of original photographs, blueprints, correspondence, and other primary documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Radnor Historical Society subject files
creator
Radnor Historical Society (Pa. : Township)
id
RHS.10
repository
extent
27 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1860-2014
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Radnor Township in Delaware County, Pennsylvania was founded in 1682, shortly after Welsh Quakers arrived on the lands previously home to the original inhabitants, the Lenni Lenape Indians. Development in the area increased when new transportation routes passed through the area, first the Lancaster Turnpike (the first toll road in America) in 1794, and then the Columbia (later Pennsylvania) Railroad in 1832. The township's population doubled between 1880 and 1890 with the birth of one of the country's first planned suburban developments, Wayne. Development and population boomed again in the wake of World War II and has continued to grow in the 21st century. The Radnor Historical Society subject files, circa 1860-2014, contain a general subject file with separate series for Streets, Estates, and Genealogy. Materials are mostly secondary-source, such as newspaper clippings, photocopies, printed materials, and ephemera, but there are also a large number of original photographs, blueprints, correspondence, and other primary documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Radnor Historical Society [Contact Us]
1866-1918
Creator:
Radnor (Pa. : Township). School Board
Extent: 3.33 linear feet
The Free School Act of 1834 established a system of public schools in Pennsylvania. As of 2014, the Radnor Township School District has three elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school under its purview. The Radnor School District teachers' monthly reports, 1866-1918, are in the form of annual volumes for individual schools in the district. The reports include teachers' names, student names, and daily attendance records. About one-half dozen schools are represented. (View full finding aid.)
title
Radnor School District teachers' monthly reports
creator
Radnor (Pa. : Township). School Board
id
RHS.07
repository
extent
3.33 linear feet
inclusive date
1866-1918
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Free School Act of 1834 established a system of public schools in Pennsylvania. As of 2014, the Radnor Township School District has three elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school under its purview. The Radnor School District teachers' monthly reports, 1866-1918, are in the form of annual volumes for individual schools in the district. The reports include teachers' names, student names, and daily attendance records. About one-half dozen schools are represented.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Radnor Historical Society [Contact Us]
1975-2001
Creator:
Radnor Township Memorial Day Parade Committee (Pa.)
Extent: 2.5 linear feet
The Radnor Township Memorial Day Parade Committee is responsible for planning and organizing an annual Memorial Day Parade in Wayne, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The parade honors and remembers those who have served in the United States Armed Forces. The first Memorial Day parade in Radnor Township took place in 1945. The Radnor Township Memorial Day Parade Committee records, 1975-2001, contain meeting minutes, correspondence, photographs, march schedules, loose newspaper clippings, a clippings scrapbook, and other materials related to the parade. (View full finding aid.)
title
Radnor Township Memorial Day Parade Committee records
creator
Radnor Township Memorial Day Parade Committee (Pa.)
id
RHS.03
repository
extent
2.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1975-2001
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Radnor Township Memorial Day Parade Committee is responsible for planning and organizing an annual Memorial Day Parade in Wayne, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The parade honors and remembers those who have served in the United States Armed Forces. The first Memorial Day parade in Radnor Township took place in 1945. The Radnor Township Memorial Day Parade Committee records, 1975-2001, contain meeting minutes, correspondence, photographs, march schedules, loose newspaper clippings, a clippings scrapbook, and other materials related to the parade.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Radnor Historical Society [Contact Us]
1888-1921
Creator:
Smith, Walter B. (Walter Bassett)
Extent: 277 items
The collection consists of about 275 negatives of scenes, primarily of houses, in the Germantown and Overbrook sections of Philadelphia, and in nearby suburban Wynnewood and Ardmore, Pennsylvania. The photographs originated with Walter Bassett Smith, who, with Herman Wendell, owned the real estate development and construction firm Wendell & Smith. The Walter B. Smith negatives, 1888-1921, are on long-term loan to the Athenaeum of Philadelphia; contact the Athenaeum to access the collection. (View full finding aid.)
title
Walter B. Smith negatives
creator
Smith, Walter B. (Walter Bassett)
id
RHS.18
repository
extent
277 items
inclusive date
1888-1921
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The collection consists of about 275 negatives of scenes, primarily of houses, in the Germantown and Overbrook sections of Philadelphia, and in nearby suburban Wynnewood and Ardmore, Pennsylvania. The photographs originated with Walter Bassett Smith, who, with Herman Wendell, owned the real estate development and construction firm Wendell & Smith. The Walter B. Smith negatives, 1888-1921, are on long-term loan to the Athenaeum of Philadelphia; contact the Athenaeum to access the collection.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Radnor Historical Society [Contact Us]
1890-1987
(Bulk: 1891-1940)
Creator:
Wayne Public Safety Association (Wayne, Pa.)
Extent: 3.5 linear feet
Initially established in 1890 as the Wayne Municipal Association, the Wayne Public Safety Association was officially incorporated in 1891, at which time it also changed its name. The Association is committed to protecting the property and citizens in the South Wayne neighborhood of Wayne, Pennsylvania, and also encourages appropriate development of the area through various programs and activities. The Wayne Public Safety Association records, 1890-1987 (bulk 1891-1940), contain administrative and financial records, as well printed material, correspondence, and other materials relating to the organization. (View full finding aid.)
title
Wayne Public Safety Association records
creator
Wayne Public Safety Association (Wayne, Pa.)
id
RHS.13
repository
extent
3.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1890-1987
bulk date
1891-1940
abstract/scope/contents
Initially established in 1890 as the Wayne Municipal Association, the Wayne Public Safety Association was officially incorporated in 1891, at which time it also changed its name. The Association is committed to protecting the property and citizens in the South Wayne neighborhood of Wayne, Pennsylvania, and also encourages appropriate development of the area through various programs and activities. The Wayne Public Safety Association records, 1890-1987 (bulk 1891-1940), contain administrative and financial records, as well printed material, correspondence, and other materials relating to the organization.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Radnor Historical Society [Contact Us]
1870-1951
Creator:
Heilner family
Extent: 4 linear feet
Herman Wendell (born 1852), along with Walter Bassett Smith, was a general contractor and manager for developers Anthony J. Drexel and George W. Childs. In this capacity, the firm of Wendell and Smith played a significant role in the planning and development of the suburban community of Wayne, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Herman's son, Evert "Ted" Jansen Wendell (1884-1973), was next-door neighbor to Marcus "Mark" Edmund Heilner (born 1886). The Wendell-Heilner negatives, 1870-1951, depict scenes from Wayne, Radnor Township, and other nearby locations in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Images depict trains, buildings, landscapes, and people, especially the Wendell and Heilner families. The earlier negatives are glass plates, the later ones are film. (View full finding aid.)
title
Wendell-Heilner negatives
creator
Heilner family
id
RHS.12
repository
extent
4 linear feet
inclusive date
1870-1951
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Herman Wendell (born 1852), along with Walter Bassett Smith, was a general contractor and manager for developers Anthony J. Drexel and George W. Childs. In this capacity, the firm of Wendell and Smith played a significant role in the planning and development of the suburban community of Wayne, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Herman's son, Evert "Ted" Jansen Wendell (1884-1973), was next-door neighbor to Marcus "Mark" Edmund Heilner (born 1886). The Wendell-Heilner negatives, 1870-1951, depict scenes from Wayne, Radnor Township, and other nearby locations in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Images depict trains, buildings, landscapes, and people, especially the Wendell and Heilner families. The earlier negatives are glass plates, the later ones are film.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
« First • Previous • Next • Last »