Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: Springfield Township Historical Society (Montgomery County, Pa.)
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 9 out of 9  
Springfield Township Historical Society (Montgomery County, Pa.) [Contact Us]
1988-2012
Creator:
Springfield (Montgomery County, Pa. : Township). Black Horse Inn Advisory Committee.
Extent: 2 linear feet
The Black Horse Inn was an early rural inn located in Springfield Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The inn is believed to have been built in the 18th century. The Black Horse Inn Advisory Committee was established to save and restore the building. The Black Horse Inn Advisory Committee records, 1988-2012, are comprised of reports, correspondence, and other documents relating to the history and restoration of the inn. (View full finding aid.)
title
Black Horse Inn Advisory Committee records
creator
Springfield (Montgomery County, Pa. : Township). Black Horse Inn Advisory Committee.
id
STHS.04
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1988-2012
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Black Horse Inn was an early rural inn located in Springfield Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The inn is believed to have been built in the 18th century. The Black Horse Inn Advisory Committee was established to save and restore the building. The Black Horse Inn Advisory Committee records, 1988-2012, are comprised of reports, correspondence, and other documents relating to the history and restoration of the inn.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Springfield Township Historical Society (Montgomery County, Pa.) [Contact Us]
1992-1995
Creator:
Contosta, David R.
Extent: 2.5 linear feet
The Carson Valley School opened in 1918 as the Carson College for Orphan Girls with funding from Philadelphia streetcar tycoon Robert N. Carson. Around the time of the school's 75th anniversary, Chestnut Hill College professor David R. Contosta was commissioned to research the history of the school and write the book Philadelphia's Progressive Orphanage: The Carson Valley School. The David R. Contosta research files on Carson Valley School, 1992-1995, are comprised of research notes, copies of scholarly and newspaper articles, copies of school records, and other materials compiled by Contosta while writing his book. (View full finding aid.)
title
David R. Contosta research files on Carson Valley School
creator
Contosta, David R.
id
STHS.03
repository
extent
2.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1992-1995
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Carson Valley School opened in 1918 as the Carson College for Orphan Girls with funding from Philadelphia streetcar tycoon Robert N. Carson. Around the time of the school's 75th anniversary, Chestnut Hill College professor David R. Contosta was commissioned to research the history of the school and write the book Philadelphia's Progressive Orphanage: The Carson Valley School. The David R. Contosta research files on Carson Valley School, 1992-1995, are comprised of research notes, copies of scholarly and newspaper articles, copies of school records, and other materials compiled by Contosta while writing his book.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Springfield Township Historical Society (Montgomery County, Pa.) [Contact Us]
circa 1970-1997
Creator:
Kitto, Marie C.
Extent: 10 linear feet
Marie C. Kitto of Flourtown, Pennsylvania, was a founder and executive director of Springfield Township Historical Society and unofficial township historian. The Marie Kitto local history collection, circa 1970-1997, is comprised of chain of title research, slide presentations, and research notes and essays pertaining to the history of Springfield Township and surrounding areas. (View full finding aid.)
title
Marie Kitto local history collection
creator
Kitto, Marie C.
id
STHS.05
repository
extent
10 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1970-1997
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Marie C. Kitto of Flourtown, Pennsylvania, was a founder and executive director of Springfield Township Historical Society and unofficial township historian. The Marie Kitto local history collection, circa 1970-1997, is comprised of chain of title research, slide presentations, and research notes and essays pertaining to the history of Springfield Township and surrounding areas.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Springfield Township Historical Society (Montgomery County, Pa.) [Contact Us]
1887-2006
Creator:
Springfield Township Historical Society.
Extent: 3.5 linear feet
The Springfield Township Historical Society photograph collection, 1887-2006, is comprised of original and reproduction photographs depicting the people, organizations, and sites of the local area. (View full finding aid.)
title
Springfield Township Historical Society photograph collection
creator
Springfield Township Historical Society.
id
STHS.02
repository
extent
3.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1887-2006
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Springfield Township Historical Society photograph collection, 1887-2006, is comprised of original and reproduction photographs depicting the people, organizations, and sites of the local area.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Springfield Township Historical Society (Montgomery County, Pa.) [Contact Us]
1739-2012
(Bulk: 1950-2012)
Creator:
Springfield Township Historical Society.
Extent: 8.67 linear feet
The Springfield Township Historical Society small collections, 1739-2012, consist of small groupings of records gathered from many different sources, relating to various subjects relative to Springfield Township and local history. About half of this collection is comprised of files arranged alphabetically by subject, consisting mostly of secondary materials. The other half is mostly primary-source materials such as minute books, scrapbooks, family papers, and deeds, organized into groupings by donor. (View full finding aid.)
title
Springfield Township Historical Society small collections
creator
Springfield Township Historical Society.
id
STHS.09
repository
extent
8.67 linear feet
inclusive date
1739-2012
bulk date
1950-2012
abstract/scope/contents
The Springfield Township Historical Society small collections, 1739-2012, consist of small groupings of records gathered from many different sources, relating to various subjects relative to Springfield Township and local history. About half of this collection is comprised of files arranged alphabetically by subject, consisting mostly of secondary materials. The other half is mostly primary-source materials such as minute books, scrapbooks, family papers, and deeds, organized into groupings by donor.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Springfield Township Historical Society (Montgomery County, Pa.) [Contact Us]
1926-2002
Creator:
Springfield Township Historical Society.
Extent: 1.25 linear feet
The Wharton Sinkler Estate (also known as Lane's End, Guildford, or the Rotan Estate) is located in Wyndmoor, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The mansion was built by Samuel P. Rotan and Allethaire Ludlow Crummer in 1925 and used by the University of Pennsylvania as the Wharton Sinkler Conference Center from 1971 to 1999. The Springfield Township Historical Society Wharton Sinkler Estate collection, 1926-2002, consists primarily of records relating to the University of Pennsylvania's subdivision and sale of the property, 1998-2002, with some additional materials relating to the history of the property and its inhabitants. Of special interest is a photograph album of the mansion's construction. (View full finding aid.)
title
Springfield Township Historical Society Wharton Sinkler Estate collection
creator
Springfield Township Historical Society.
id
STHS.06
repository
extent
1.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1926-2002
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Wharton Sinkler Estate (also known as Lane's End, Guildford, or the Rotan Estate) is located in Wyndmoor, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The mansion was built by Samuel P. Rotan and Allethaire Ludlow Crummer in 1925 and used by the University of Pennsylvania as the Wharton Sinkler Conference Center from 1971 to 1999. The Springfield Township Historical Society Wharton Sinkler Estate collection, 1926-2002, consists primarily of records relating to the University of Pennsylvania's subdivision and sale of the property, 1998-2002, with some additional materials relating to the history of the property and its inhabitants. Of special interest is a photograph album of the mansion's construction.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Springfield Township Historical Society (Montgomery County, Pa.) [Contact Us]
1916-1992
Creator:
Springfield Township Historical Society.
Extent: 6.25 linear feet
Whitemarsh Hall, located in Springfield Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was the home of Eva and Edward Stotesbury. The estate was designed by Horace Trumbauer and constructed from 1916-1920. It was converted to laboratories and briefly used by Pennsylvania Salt Manufacturing Company before it was abandoned and finally demolished in 1980. The Springfield Township Historical Society Whitemarsh Hall collection, 1916-1992, is comprised of photographs, research notes, scholarly articles, and newspaper clippings relating to Whitemarsh Hall. (View full finding aid.)
title
Springfield Township Historical Society Whitemarsh Hall collection
creator
Springfield Township Historical Society.
id
STHS.01
repository
extent
6.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1916-1992
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Whitemarsh Hall, located in Springfield Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was the home of Eva and Edward Stotesbury. The estate was designed by Horace Trumbauer and constructed from 1916-1920. It was converted to laboratories and briefly used by Pennsylvania Salt Manufacturing Company before it was abandoned and finally demolished in 1980. The Springfield Township Historical Society Whitemarsh Hall collection, 1916-1992, is comprised of photographs, research notes, scholarly articles, and newspaper clippings relating to Whitemarsh Hall.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Springfield Township Historical Society (Montgomery County, Pa.) [Contact Us]
1946-1996
Creator:
Whitemarsh Village Leawood Association.
Extent: 2.75 linear feet
The Whitemarsh Village Leawood Association is a community-led organization in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, that works as a resource to advise local residents on land preservation, development, and revitalization issues. The Whitemarsh Village Leawood Association records 1946-1996, are comprised of records created by the Whitemarsh Village Leawood Association, as well as reports and publications of other groups relating to the association's work. (View full finding aid.)
title
Whitemarsh Village Leawood Association records
creator
Whitemarsh Village Leawood Association.
id
STHS.07
repository
extent
2.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1946-1996
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Whitemarsh Village Leawood Association is a community-led organization in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, that works as a resource to advise local residents on land preservation, development, and revitalization issues. The Whitemarsh Village Leawood Association records 1946-1996, are comprised of records created by the Whitemarsh Village Leawood Association, as well as reports and publications of other groups relating to the association's work.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Springfield Township Historical Society (Montgomery County, Pa.) [Contact Us]
1966-1992
Creator:
Women's Club of Flourtown.
Extent: 1 linear feet
The Women's Club of Flourtown in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was formally established in 1941 as the Whitemarsh Valley Woman's Club. It was part of the General Federation of Women's Clubs (GFWC), an organization uniting local community service, volunteer, and charitable women's groups. The Women's Club of Flourtown records, 1966-1992, are comprised of publicity clipping scrapbooks, files on events, meeting minutes, and other records of the club. (View full finding aid.)
title
Women's Club of Flourtown records
creator
Women's Club of Flourtown.
id
STHS.08
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
1966-1992
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Women's Club of Flourtown in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was formally established in 1941 as the Whitemarsh Valley Woman's Club. It was part of the General Federation of Women's Clubs (GFWC), an organization uniting local community service, volunteer, and charitable women's groups. The Women's Club of Flourtown records, 1966-1992, are comprised of publicity clipping scrapbooks, files on events, meeting minutes, and other records of the club.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
« First • Previous • Next • Last »