Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: St. David's Episcopal Church Parish Archives
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:

Main Content

« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 1 out of 1  
St. David's Episcopal Church Parish Archives [Contact Us]
1678-2015
(Bulk: 1860-2015)
Creator:
St. David's Church (Radnor, Pa.)
Extent: 50 linear feet
St. David's Episcopal Church in Wayne, Radnor Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania traces its origins to 1700, when services were held in the homes of local residents. The original church building, still extant on the property, was constructed in 1715, and continues to be used as a place of worship. In 1956, a new building, known as the "chapel" was constructed. A new and larger chapel was built in 2006 and the 1956 chapel was reconfigured as a fellowship hall and renamed St. David's Hall. As of 2016, St. David's Episcopal Church continues to live into its mission: "to know God in Jesus Christ and to make Christ known to others" and to expand its congregation. It also remains committed to continuing worship and maintaining and increasing its education activities and outreach ministries. The St. David's Church (Radnor, Pa.) records, 1678-2015 (bulk 1860-2015), consist of administrative and financial records; materials relating to the church building and other structures on the property, the church grounds, and cemetery; various types of photographic, audio, and audiovisual materials; scrapbooks and other materials from St. David's church groups; published and printed matter relating to St. David's and other nearby organizations; research materials about the history of the Church, as well as the people and organizations associated with it; and other materials. (View full finding aid.)
title
St. David's Church (Radnor, Pa.) records
creator
St. David's Church (Radnor, Pa.)
id
SDEC.01
repository
extent
50 linear feet
inclusive date
1678-2015
bulk date
1860-2015
abstract/scope/contents
St. David's Episcopal Church in Wayne, Radnor Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania traces its origins to 1700, when services were held in the homes of local residents. The original church building, still extant on the property, was constructed in 1715, and continues to be used as a place of worship. In 1956, a new building, known as the "chapel" was constructed. A new and larger chapel was built in 2006 and the 1956 chapel was reconfigured as a fellowship hall and renamed St. David's Hall. As of 2016, St. David's Episcopal Church continues to live into its mission: "to know God in Jesus Christ and to make Christ known to others" and to expand its congregation. It also remains committed to continuing worship and maintaining and increasing its education activities and outreach ministries. The St. David's Church (Radnor, Pa.) records, 1678-2015 (bulk 1860-2015), consist of administrative and financial records; materials relating to the church building and other structures on the property, the church grounds, and cemetery; various types of photographic, audio, and audiovisual materials; scrapbooks and other materials from St. David's church groups; published and printed matter relating to St. David's and other nearby organizations; research materials about the history of the Church, as well as the people and organizations associated with it; and other materials.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet