Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: St. Peter's Episcopal Church
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:

Main Content

« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 1 out of 1  
St. Peter's Episcopal Church [Contact Us]
1761-2014
(Bulk: 1832-2014)
Creator:
St. Peter's Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 100 linear feet
St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was established in 1758 as an off-shoot of nearby Christ Church; it became an independent entity in 1832. St. Peter's church building, which held its first service in 1761 and still hosts St. Peter's services as of 2014, was designed by well-known architects Robert Smith and William Strickland, and sculptor William Rush contributed to its interior. Many prominent Philadelphians have been associated with the church, including artist Charles Willson Peale and United States Vice President George Mifflin Dallas, both of whom are buried in its graveyard. St. Peter's Episcopal Church records, 1761-2013 (bulk 1832-2013), consist of minutes of the vestry, parish registers and records of service, accounting and financial records, deeds, blueprints, photographs, sound recordings and other records of St. Peter's Church. In addition, there are materials from parish organizations and affiliated organizations. The records in the collection with information dating prior to 1832, when St. Peter's was still part of Christ Church, are mostly copies of the originals, which are still held at Christ Church. (View full finding aid.)
title
St. Peter's Episcopal Church records
creator
St. Peter's Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
SPEC.01
repository
extent
100 linear feet
inclusive date
1761-2014
bulk date
1832-2014
abstract/scope/contents
St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was established in 1758 as an off-shoot of nearby Christ Church; it became an independent entity in 1832. St. Peter's church building, which held its first service in 1761 and still hosts St. Peter's services as of 2014, was designed by well-known architects Robert Smith and William Strickland, and sculptor William Rush contributed to its interior. Many prominent Philadelphians have been associated with the church, including artist Charles Willson Peale and United States Vice President George Mifflin Dallas, both of whom are buried in its graveyard. St. Peter's Episcopal Church records, 1761-2013 (bulk 1832-2013), consist of minutes of the vestry, parish registers and records of service, accounting and financial records, deeds, blueprints, photographs, sound recordings and other records of St. Peter's Church. In addition, there are materials from parish organizations and affiliated organizations. The records in the collection with information dating prior to 1832, when St. Peter's was still part of Christ Church, are mostly copies of the originals, which are still held at Christ Church.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet