Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: Stenton
Remove
filtered Date: 2000-2050
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 2 out of 2  
Stenton [Contact Us]
1898-2000
Creator:
National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Extent: 45 linear feet
Stenton is an historic site administered by The National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania since 1899. James Logan erected this example of early Georgian architecture between 1723 and 1730 in what was countryside in Philadelphia County but is now part of the City of Philadelphia, near the neighborhood of Germantown. Logan had come to Philadelphia with William Penn in 1699 as his secretary, and for the rest of his life remained the Penn family’s representative in the colony and was at the center of Pennsylvania’s political life. The Colonial Dames Stenton records, 1898-2013, document the Dames administration of Stenton as an historic site. The collection includes copies of primary-source Logan family papers; secondary-source research on the Logan family and Stenton; site maintenance studies, plans, and records; administrative records of the Colonial Dames, including various committees' records, financial records, and the correspondence and files of several Dames; audio-visual materials; and various other records. (View full finding aid.)
title
Colonial Dames Stenton records
creator
National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
id
STEN.01
repository
extent
45 linear feet
inclusive date
1898-2000
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Stenton is an historic site administered by The National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania since 1899. James Logan erected this example of early Georgian architecture between 1723 and 1730 in what was countryside in Philadelphia County but is now part of the City of Philadelphia, near the neighborhood of Germantown. Logan had come to Philadelphia with William Penn in 1699 as his secretary, and for the rest of his life remained the Penn family’s representative in the colony and was at the center of Pennsylvania’s political life. The Colonial Dames Stenton records, 1898-2013, document the Dames administration of Stenton as an historic site. The collection includes copies of primary-source Logan family papers; secondary-source research on the Logan family and Stenton; site maintenance studies, plans, and records; administrative records of the Colonial Dames, including various committees' records, financial records, and the correspondence and files of several Dames; audio-visual materials; and various other records.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Stenton [Contact Us]
1968-2003
Creator:
Shepherd, Raymond Voigt
Extent: 2 linear feet
Raymond V. Shepherd, Jr. studied the Stenton estate for his 1968 dissertation, James Logan's Stenton: Grand Simplicity in Quaker Philadelphia, for an M.A. in American Culture from the Winterthur Museum Program at the University of Delaware. The Ray Shepherd files on Stenton, 1968-2003, primarily consist of Shepherd's research materials and correspondence regarding Stenton and James Logan, although there are also some letters and documents that pertain to other 18th century historic sites. The bulk of materials are secondary-source, including historic site reports, articles, newspaper clippings, citations, and a large quantity of photographs of furniture and decorative objects. (View full finding aid.)
title
Ray Shepherd files on Stenton
creator
Shepherd, Raymond Voigt
id
STEN.02
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1968-2003
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Raymond V. Shepherd, Jr. studied the Stenton estate for his 1968 dissertation, James Logan's Stenton: Grand Simplicity in Quaker Philadelphia, for an M.A. in American Culture from the Winterthur Museum Program at the University of Delaware. The Ray Shepherd files on Stenton, 1968-2003, primarily consist of Shepherd's research materials and correspondence regarding Stenton and James Logan, although there are also some letters and documents that pertain to other 18th century historic sites. The bulk of materials are secondary-source, including historic site reports, articles, newspaper clippings, citations, and a large quantity of photographs of furniture and decorative objects.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet