Search Finding Aids
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
Creator filters: 2 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
Subject: Person filters: 1 are listed below. Each is preceded by the number of records that match the filter.
« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Wasch, Bill (William R.)
Extent: 21 linear feet
A resident of Tinicum, Delaware County, Pennsylvania for most of his life, William R. "Bill" Wasch served as a Tinicum Township Commissioner for about a decade (1997-2007). He was a member of the Republican Party whose priorities included preventing the expansion of the Philadelphia International Airport into Tinicum, maintaining low real estate taxes, and generally working for the improvement of the township. The Bill Wasch township commission papers, 1982-2007 (bulk 1997-2007), consist of various materials directly related to the activities and functions of the Tinicum Township Commissioners, as well as materials from other township boards and departments and items pertaining to other topics of special interest to Wasch. The collection includes: correspondence and memos, committee meeting minutes, financial records, reports, proposals, architectural drawings and plans, and resolutions; materials from the Zoning Board, Police Department, and other bodies relevant to the Township Commissioners; and papers relating to the proposed expansion of the Philadelphia International Airport into Tinicum Township. (View full finding aid.)
Tinicum Township Historical Society (Delaware County, Pa.)
Extent: 25 linear feet
Tinicum Township is located along the Delaware River in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Credited as the first recorded European settlement in Pennsylvania, it became capital of the New Sweden Colony in 1643 under Governor Johan Printz. Later, its prominent features became the Lazaretto, a quarantine station erected along the Delaware River in 1801; Westinghouse Electric Company; and Lester Piano Works. The Tinicum Township Historical Society local history collection, 1791-2013 (bulk 1900-2000), includes a wide variety of materials on the local history of Tinicum. It is largely made up of secondary-source materials and ephemera, although it also contains a significant amount of photographs, architectural drawings, and maps. (View full finding aid.)