Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 5 out of 5  
Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society [Contact Us]
1818-1838, 1859-1910
Creator:
Sharp, Joseph W., 1828-1908
Extent: 3 linear feet
The Sharp family was one of the more prominent in Berwyn (Chester County, Pennsylvania) during the period of its greatest growth. Joseph W. Sharp (1828-1908) purchased a farm of several hundred acres in Easttown Township, became active in local public affairs--he was a founder of Berwyn National Bank--and is considered the first regular commuter from Berwyn to Philadelphia on the Pennsylvania Railroad. The Joseph W. Sharp family diaries, 1818-1838 and 1859-1910, consists of several dozen volumes. Most are his diaries from 1859 to 1910; the collection also includes some farm financial information, loose correspondence, an account ledger, a farm ledger (1818-1838), and scattered other materials. (View full finding aid.)
title
Joseph W. Sharp family diaries
creator
Sharp, Joseph W., 1828-1908
id
TEHS.05
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1818-1838, 1859-1910
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Sharp family was one of the more prominent in Berwyn (Chester County, Pennsylvania) during the period of its greatest growth. Joseph W. Sharp (1828-1908) purchased a farm of several hundred acres in Easttown Township, became active in local public affairs--he was a founder of Berwyn National Bank--and is considered the first regular commuter from Berwyn to Philadelphia on the Pennsylvania Railroad. The Joseph W. Sharp family diaries, 1818-1838 and 1859-1910, consists of several dozen volumes. Most are his diaries from 1859 to 1910; the collection also includes some farm financial information, loose correspondence, an account ledger, a farm ledger (1818-1838), and scattered other materials.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society [Contact Us]
circa 1914
Creator:
Lamborn, Joshua P.
Extent: 3 linear feet
Joshua P. Lamborn (circa 1860 - circa 1930) was a resident of Chester County, Pennsylvania who was active as a photographer in the early 20th century. The Joshua P. Lamborn glass plate negatives, circa 1914, consist of about 180 4" x 5"-plates plus about six 5" x 7"-plates and a small photographic record book. Some of the images are identified. (View full finding aid.)
title
Joshua P. Lamborn glass plate negatives
creator
Lamborn, Joshua P.
id
TEHS.03
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1914
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Joshua P. Lamborn (circa 1860 - circa 1930) was a resident of Chester County, Pennsylvania who was active as a photographer in the early 20th century. The Joshua P. Lamborn glass plate negatives, circa 1914, consist of about 180 4" x 5"-plates plus about six 5" x 7"-plates and a small photographic record book. Some of the images are identified.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society [Contact Us]
1732-2010
Creator:
Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society
Extent: 11 linear feet
Both Tredyffrin and Easttown townships in the Upper Main Line area and eastern Chester County, Pennsylvania were settled by Welsh Quakers in 1682; they were incorporated in 1707 and 1704, respectively. Predominantly farming communities for most of their histories, commercial and residential development in both townships accelerated with the construction of the "Main Line" Pennsylvania Railroad Line in the 1830s and burgeoned after World War II. The Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society manuscripts collection, 1732-2010, includes various small accumulations of materials from local individuals, businesses, and organizations in the area of Tredyffrin and Easttown townships. Minute books, financial records, genealogy and local history research materials, school records, correspondence, and other family papers and organizational records are represented. (View full finding aid.)
title
Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society manuscripts collection
creator
Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society
id
TEHS.04
repository
extent
11 linear feet
inclusive date
1732-2010
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Both Tredyffrin and Easttown townships in the Upper Main Line area and eastern Chester County, Pennsylvania were settled by Welsh Quakers in 1682; they were incorporated in 1707 and 1704, respectively. Predominantly farming communities for most of their histories, commercial and residential development in both townships accelerated with the construction of the "Main Line" Pennsylvania Railroad Line in the 1830s and burgeoned after World War II. The Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society manuscripts collection, 1732-2010, includes various small accumulations of materials from local individuals, businesses, and organizations in the area of Tredyffrin and Easttown townships. Minute books, financial records, genealogy and local history research materials, school records, correspondence, and other family papers and organizational records are represented.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society [Contact Us]
circa 1880-2000
Creator:
Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society
Extent: 8.5 linear feet
Both Tredyffrin and Easttown townships in the Upper Main Line area of eastern Chester County, Pennsylvania were settled by Welsh Quakers in 1682; they were incorporated in 1707 and 1704, respectively. Predominantly farming communities for most of their histories, commercial and residential development in both townships accelerated with the construction of the "Main Line" Pennsylvania Railroad Line in the 1830s and burgeoned after World War II. The Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society photograph collection, circa 1880-2000, is comprised of paper prints in black and white and color, as well as a significant number of glass plate negatives, film negatives, and slides. It includes seven small sub-collections of photographs arranged by creator/donor, 15 binders of additional photographs, and some oversized items. (View full finding aid.)
title
Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society photograph collection
creator
Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society
id
TEHS.02
repository
extent
8.5 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1880-2000
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Both Tredyffrin and Easttown townships in the Upper Main Line area of eastern Chester County, Pennsylvania were settled by Welsh Quakers in 1682; they were incorporated in 1707 and 1704, respectively. Predominantly farming communities for most of their histories, commercial and residential development in both townships accelerated with the construction of the "Main Line" Pennsylvania Railroad Line in the 1830s and burgeoned after World War II. The Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society photograph collection, circa 1880-2000, is comprised of paper prints in black and white and color, as well as a significant number of glass plate negatives, film negatives, and slides. It includes seven small sub-collections of photographs arranged by creator/donor, 15 binders of additional photographs, and some oversized items.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society [Contact Us]
circa 1940-2013
Creator:
Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society
Extent: 12.5 linear feet
Both Tredyffrin and Easttown townships in the Upper Main Line area of eastern Chester County, Pennsylvania were settled by Welsh Quakers in 1682; they were incorporated in 1707 and 1704, respectively. Predominantly farming communities for most of their histories, commercial and residential development in both townships accelerated with the construction of the "Main Line" Pennsylvania Railroad Line in the 1830s and burgeoned after World War II. The Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society research files, circa 1940-2013, contain primarily newspaper clippings, with smaller amounts of printed matter, photocopies, researcher notes, and original research and artwork used to produce articles in the Tredyffrin Easttown History Quarterly. The files are organized into three series: I. Biographical Files; II. Files on Municipalities; and III. Subject files. (View full finding aid.)
title
Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society research files
creator
Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society
id
TEHS.01
repository
extent
12.5 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1940-2013
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Both Tredyffrin and Easttown townships in the Upper Main Line area of eastern Chester County, Pennsylvania were settled by Welsh Quakers in 1682; they were incorporated in 1707 and 1704, respectively. Predominantly farming communities for most of their histories, commercial and residential development in both townships accelerated with the construction of the "Main Line" Pennsylvania Railroad Line in the 1830s and burgeoned after World War II. The Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society research files, circa 1940-2013, contain primarily newspaper clippings, with smaller amounts of printed matter, photocopies, researcher notes, and original research and artwork used to produce articles in the Tredyffrin Easttown History Quarterly. The files are organized into three series: I. Biographical Files; II. Files on Municipalities; and III. Subject files.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
« First • Previous • Next • Last »