Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: Tri-County Heritage Society
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 16 out of 16  
Tri-County Heritage Society [Contact Us]
circa 1880s-1970s
Creator:
McCord family
Extent: 13 linear feet
The Bard family of Reading, Berks County, Pennsylvania is descended from German immigrant Jacob Bard (1813-circa 1887). The Bards are perhaps best known for Jacob's five grandsons who were renowned acrobats in the circus and vaudeville circuit in the early 20th century. The McCord family is descended from Scottish immigrants who settled in Berks County and Chester County, Pennsylvania in the 18th century. Bard and McCord families papers, circa 1880s-1970s, consist primarily of materials from and relating to the McCord and Bard families. A small amount of materials are from other families associated with the McCords and Bards, including the Clingaman, Haas, Mast, and Fisher families. Materials include subject and genealogical files, journals, scrapbooks, several photographs and slides, lantern slides and glass plate negatives, film reels, printed matter and ephemera, and other materials. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bard and McCord families papers
creator
McCord family
id
TRI.03
repository
extent
13 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1880s-1970s
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Bard family of Reading, Berks County, Pennsylvania is descended from German immigrant Jacob Bard (1813-circa 1887). The Bards are perhaps best known for Jacob's five grandsons who were renowned acrobats in the circus and vaudeville circuit in the early 20th century. The McCord family is descended from Scottish immigrants who settled in Berks County and Chester County, Pennsylvania in the 18th century. Bard and McCord families papers, circa 1880s-1970s, consist primarily of materials from and relating to the McCord and Bard families. A small amount of materials are from other families associated with the McCords and Bards, including the Clingaman, Haas, Mast, and Fisher families. Materials include subject and genealogical files, journals, scrapbooks, several photographs and slides, lantern slides and glass plate negatives, film reels, printed matter and ephemera, and other materials.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Tri-County Heritage Society [Contact Us]
circa 1897-1960s
Creator:
Birdsboro Steel Foundry and Machine Company (Birdsboro, Pa.)
Extent: 2.75 linear feet
While it was open, Birdsboro Steel Foundry and Machine Company in Birdsboro, Berks County, Pennsylvania (later known as Birdsboro Corp.) was known as the oldest foundry in the United States, tracing its roots back to William Bird's New Pine Forge, founded in 1740. Birdsboro Steel provided products to the United States military for every major conflict through the Korean War. The company closed down in 1988 after a lengthy strike and the inability to compete with increasing foreign steel imports. Birdsboro Steel Foundry and Machine Company employee records, 1897-1960s, consist primarily of medical and salary records. There are also some patent records relating to the Camden Iron Works in Camden, New Jersey. (View full finding aid.)
title
Birdsboro Steel Foundry and Machine Company employee records
creator
Birdsboro Steel Foundry and Machine Company (Birdsboro, Pa.)
id
TRI.07
repository
extent
2.75 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1897-1960s
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
While it was open, Birdsboro Steel Foundry and Machine Company in Birdsboro, Berks County, Pennsylvania (later known as Birdsboro Corp.) was known as the oldest foundry in the United States, tracing its roots back to William Bird's New Pine Forge, founded in 1740. Birdsboro Steel provided products to the United States military for every major conflict through the Korean War. The company closed down in 1988 after a lengthy strike and the inability to compete with increasing foreign steel imports. Birdsboro Steel Foundry and Machine Company employee records, 1897-1960s, consist primarily of medical and salary records. There are also some patent records relating to the Camden Iron Works in Camden, New Jersey.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Tri-County Heritage Society [Contact Us]
circa 1750-1950s
Creator:
Brower family
Extent: 12 linear feet
Mennonites Hubert and Anna Brower left Germany and emigrated to Chester County, Pennsylvania in 1726. They settled in Coventry (now, East Coventry Township). Hubert and Anna's son, Henry Brower (1720-1784) purchased land and established a family farm in the Parker Ford area of Coventry. His descendents, many of who were farmers, doctors, and ministers, resided in this area of Chester County for several generations. The Brower family papers, circa 1750-1950s, consist of financial, legal, and property documents; letters; family records and genealogy research; school records and teacher certificates; photographs and scrapbooks; newspaper clippings, printed matter, and ephemera; and other materials. There are small amounts of materials from other families that are connected to the Brower family. Individuals well-represented in the collection include M. Bertha Brower (1900-2000), Dr. William Brower (1842-1919), Abraham Brower, and David Stiteler Taylor (1832-1925) and his second wife, Rebecca B. Towers (1838-1926). Materials from the collection have been photocopied and placed into three binders as access copies. (View full finding aid.)
title
Brower family papers
creator
Brower family
id
TRI.15
repository
extent
12 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1750-1950s
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Mennonites Hubert and Anna Brower left Germany and emigrated to Chester County, Pennsylvania in 1726. They settled in Coventry (now, East Coventry Township). Hubert and Anna's son, Henry Brower (1720-1784) purchased land and established a family farm in the Parker Ford area of Coventry. His descendents, many of who were farmers, doctors, and ministers, resided in this area of Chester County for several generations. The Brower family papers, circa 1750-1950s, consist of financial, legal, and property documents; letters; family records and genealogy research; school records and teacher certificates; photographs and scrapbooks; newspaper clippings, printed matter, and ephemera; and other materials. There are small amounts of materials from other families that are connected to the Brower family. Individuals well-represented in the collection include M. Bertha Brower (1900-2000), Dr. William Brower (1842-1919), Abraham Brower, and David Stiteler Taylor (1832-1925) and his second wife, Rebecca B. Towers (1838-1926). Materials from the collection have been photocopied and placed into three binders as access copies.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Tri-County Heritage Society [Contact Us]
1913-1977
Creator:
Caernarvon (Berks County, Pa. : Township)
Extent: 13 linear feet
Members of the Welsh community in what is now Delaware County, Pennsylvania settled in the area that is now Caernarvon Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania, in 1718. Caernarvon Township was originally established in 1729 as part of Lancaster County, but the Township was split in two when Berks County was created in 1752. Morgantown, a village within Berks County's Caernarvon Township, developed in 1770 out of land owned by the Morgan family. Morgantown and the surrounding Caernarvon Township grew to support various industries, farms, and local businesses. In 1950, the construction of the Pennsylvania Turnpike transformed the area into a more commercial and industrial center. The Caernarvon Township tax records, 1913-1977, consist primarily of various tax reports for Caernarvon Township and includes tax reports, school tax reports, delinquent tax reports, and tax collector reports. There is a small amount of material from the Township, including materials from the Berks County Planning Commission relating to the development of Morgantown and materials primarily concerning road work in the Township. (View full finding aid.)
title
Caernarvon Township tax records
creator
Caernarvon (Berks County, Pa. : Township)
id
TRI.13
repository
extent
13 linear feet
inclusive date
1913-1977
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Members of the Welsh community in what is now Delaware County, Pennsylvania settled in the area that is now Caernarvon Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania, in 1718. Caernarvon Township was originally established in 1729 as part of Lancaster County, but the Township was split in two when Berks County was created in 1752. Morgantown, a village within Berks County's Caernarvon Township, developed in 1770 out of land owned by the Morgan family. Morgantown and the surrounding Caernarvon Township grew to support various industries, farms, and local businesses. In 1950, the construction of the Pennsylvania Turnpike transformed the area into a more commercial and industrial center. The Caernarvon Township tax records, 1913-1977, consist primarily of various tax reports for Caernarvon Township and includes tax reports, school tax reports, delinquent tax reports, and tax collector reports. There is a small amount of material from the Township, including materials from the Berks County Planning Commission relating to the development of Morgantown and materials primarily concerning road work in the Township.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Tri-County Heritage Society [Contact Us]
circa 1982-2008
Creator:
Cremers, Estelle
Extent: 13 linear feet
Estelle Harrop Cremers (1925-2010) was active in historic preservation, especially in Chester County, Pennsylvania, from the 1970s to the 2000s. Cremers served on boards and commissions of local historical organizations, helped develop the French and Pickering Creek Trust, worked as the coordinator for the Chester County Comprehensive Historic Sites Survey, researched and wrote nominations for inclusion on the National Register of Historic Places, free-lanced as a historic property and land researcher, and wrote five books on local townships. Estelle Cremers papers, circa 1982-2008, consist primarily of research materials accumulated or created by Cremers that relate to Chester County locations, properties, businesses, people, and other history related topics. Some of the research in the collection relates to locations in Montgomery, Berks, Lancaster, and other Pennsylvania counties. There is also some correspondence and other non-research related materials in the collection. (View full finding aid.)
title
Estelle Cremers papers
creator
Cremers, Estelle
id
TRI.05
repository
extent
13 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1982-2008
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Estelle Harrop Cremers (1925-2010) was active in historic preservation, especially in Chester County, Pennsylvania, from the 1970s to the 2000s. Cremers served on boards and commissions of local historical organizations, helped develop the French and Pickering Creek Trust, worked as the coordinator for the Chester County Comprehensive Historic Sites Survey, researched and wrote nominations for inclusion on the National Register of Historic Places, free-lanced as a historic property and land researcher, and wrote five books on local townships. Estelle Cremers papers, circa 1982-2008, consist primarily of research materials accumulated or created by Cremers that relate to Chester County locations, properties, businesses, people, and other history related topics. Some of the research in the collection relates to locations in Montgomery, Berks, Lancaster, and other Pennsylvania counties. There is also some correspondence and other non-research related materials in the collection.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Tri-County Heritage Society [Contact Us]
1988-1992
Creator:
Evergreen Association (Morgantown, Pa.)
Extent: 4.5 linear feet
The Evergreen Association is a nonprofit local environmental group in Morgantown, a village in Caernarvon Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania. In the late 1980s, the Evergreen Association protested a proposal to create the new Berks County municipality of New Morgan, PA, as well as proposals that would bring landfill and other waste management projects to the area. Conestoga Landfill in New Morgan is owned and operated by the New Morgan Landfill Company, a subsidiary of the North American waste management companies Allied Waste Industries and Browning-Ferris Industries. Evergreen Association collection on waste management in New Morgan (Pa.), 1988-1992, consists primarily of binders with research related to the New Morgan Landfill Company's waste landfill permit application. Other materials in the collection include documents and copies of documents related to the selection of a vendor to handle a new landfill/waste management plan in Berks County. There are also some t-shirts and objects from the Evergreen Association in the collection. (View full finding aid.)
title
Evergreen Association collection on waste management in New Morgan (Pa.)
creator
Evergreen Association (Morgantown, Pa.)
id
TRI.12
repository
extent
4.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1988-1992
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Evergreen Association is a nonprofit local environmental group in Morgantown, a village in Caernarvon Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania. In the late 1980s, the Evergreen Association protested a proposal to create the new Berks County municipality of New Morgan, PA, as well as proposals that would bring landfill and other waste management projects to the area. Conestoga Landfill in New Morgan is owned and operated by the New Morgan Landfill Company, a subsidiary of the North American waste management companies Allied Waste Industries and Browning-Ferris Industries. Evergreen Association collection on waste management in New Morgan (Pa.), 1988-1992, consists primarily of binders with research related to the New Morgan Landfill Company's waste landfill permit application. Other materials in the collection include documents and copies of documents related to the selection of a vendor to handle a new landfill/waste management plan in Berks County. There are also some t-shirts and objects from the Evergreen Association in the collection.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Tri-County Heritage Society [Contact Us]
1935-1978
Creator:
Grace Mine (Morgantown, Pa.)
Extent: 2 linear feet
Grace Mine was an iron ore mine located in Morgantown, Pennsylvania, part of Caernarvon Township in Berks County. The mine was owned by Bethlehem Steel and opened in 1958. Operations continued until the mine was shut down in 1977. Grace Mine records, 1935-1978, include property files, time-keeping ledgers, drilling maps, a weather diary, and other materials. There are also monthly reports from Grace Mine's parent company, Bethlehem Steel. (View full finding aid.)
title
Grace Mine records
creator
Grace Mine (Morgantown, Pa.)
id
TRI.06
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1935-1978
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Grace Mine was an iron ore mine located in Morgantown, Pennsylvania, part of Caernarvon Township in Berks County. The mine was owned by Bethlehem Steel and opened in 1958. Operations continued until the mine was shut down in 1977. Grace Mine records, 1935-1978, include property files, time-keeping ledgers, drilling maps, a weather diary, and other materials. There are also monthly reports from Grace Mine's parent company, Bethlehem Steel.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Tri-County Heritage Society [Contact Us]
1841-1937, 1991
Creator:
Mauger family
Extent: 1 linear feet
The Mauger family has been in the funeral home business in Chester County, Pennsylvania since Daniel B. Mauger (1815-1890) started offering undertaker services in Warwick, Pennsylvania in 1842. Daniel's grandson, W. Frank Mauger (1898-1987) began working at G. Birdsall Passmore's funeral home in nearby Malvern, PA in 1921, buying Passmore out of the business in 1931 and relocating it to Monument Avenue. As of 2016, the Mauger-Givnish Funeral Home continues to serve Chester County from its location on Monument Avenue in Malvern. Mauger family papers, 1841-1937, 1991, consist of materials from the Mauger family and their relations, including records from U. Grant Mauger's undertaking business, vital records, a family bible, property records and legal papers, diaries, address books, receipt books, and a couple of letters. The Dampman and Rock families are also represented in the collection. (View full finding aid.)
title
Mauger family papers
creator
Mauger family
id
TRI.04
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
1841-1937, 1991
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Mauger family has been in the funeral home business in Chester County, Pennsylvania since Daniel B. Mauger (1815-1890) started offering undertaker services in Warwick, Pennsylvania in 1842. Daniel's grandson, W. Frank Mauger (1898-1987) began working at G. Birdsall Passmore's funeral home in nearby Malvern, PA in 1921, buying Passmore out of the business in 1931 and relocating it to Monument Avenue. As of 2016, the Mauger-Givnish Funeral Home continues to serve Chester County from its location on Monument Avenue in Malvern. Mauger family papers, 1841-1937, 1991, consist of materials from the Mauger family and their relations, including records from U. Grant Mauger's undertaking business, vital records, a family bible, property records and legal papers, diaries, address books, receipt books, and a couple of letters. The Dampman and Rock families are also represented in the collection.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Tri-County Heritage Society [Contact Us]
19th century-1960s
Creator:
McElroy family
Extent: 5.5 linear feet
Walter (1903-1993) and Esther (Kline) (1903-1992) McElroy were school teachers and longtime residents of the Tri-County Pennsylvania area, where northwestern Chester, southeastern Berks, and northeastern Lancaster counties converge. The McElroys were interested in the local history and families of the this area and they collected materials throughout their lifetimes pertaining to the Tri-County area and its prominent individuals and families, including the Ames and Plank families. McElroy family collection on Tri-County (Pa.) history, circa 19th century-1960s, consists of materials related to the history, people, businesses (and other topics) of Berks, Chester, and Lancaster counties in Pennsylvania. The materials include subject files, newspaper clippings, printed matter, original artworks, photographs, and other materials. (View full finding aid.)
title
McElroy family collection on Tri-County (Pa.) history
creator
McElroy family
id
TRI.09
repository
extent
5.5 linear feet
inclusive date
19th century-1960s
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Walter (1903-1993) and Esther (Kline) (1903-1992) McElroy were school teachers and longtime residents of the Tri-County Pennsylvania area, where northwestern Chester, southeastern Berks, and northeastern Lancaster counties converge. The McElroys were interested in the local history and families of the this area and they collected materials throughout their lifetimes pertaining to the Tri-County area and its prominent individuals and families, including the Ames and Plank families. McElroy family collection on Tri-County (Pa.) history, circa 19th century-1960s, consists of materials related to the history, people, businesses (and other topics) of Berks, Chester, and Lancaster counties in Pennsylvania. The materials include subject files, newspaper clippings, printed matter, original artworks, photographs, and other materials.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Tri-County Heritage Society [Contact Us]
circa 1970s-1990s
Creator:
Morgan Corporation (Morgantown, Pa.)
Extent: 1.75 linear feet
Morgan Corporation was established in 1952 by Elton E. Mountz as Mountz Welding, a small welding shop in Morgantown, Berks County, Pennsylvania that specialized in residential and farm implements repairs. The shop became Morgan Trailer Manufacturing Co. in 1960 and expanded to include repairs and refurbishing of trailers and truck equipment, as well as the assembly, mounting, and finishing of prefabricated van body "kits." Morgan introduced its own non-kit body in 1970, and in 1981 changed its name to Morgan Corporation. As of 2016, Morgan Corporation is the largest manufacturer of Class 3 to 7 dry freight van bodies and refrigerated truck bodies in the United States. Morgan Corporation records, circa 1970s-1990s, consist of very small amounts administrative and financial records from Morgan Corporation, as well as some objects. (View full finding aid.)
title
Morgan Corporation records
creator
Morgan Corporation (Morgantown, Pa.)
id
TRI.14
repository
extent
1.75 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1970s-1990s
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Morgan Corporation was established in 1952 by Elton E. Mountz as Mountz Welding, a small welding shop in Morgantown, Berks County, Pennsylvania that specialized in residential and farm implements repairs. The shop became Morgan Trailer Manufacturing Co. in 1960 and expanded to include repairs and refurbishing of trailers and truck equipment, as well as the assembly, mounting, and finishing of prefabricated van body "kits." Morgan introduced its own non-kit body in 1970, and in 1981 changed its name to Morgan Corporation. As of 2016, Morgan Corporation is the largest manufacturer of Class 3 to 7 dry freight van bodies and refrigerated truck bodies in the United States. Morgan Corporation records, circa 1970s-1990s, consist of very small amounts administrative and financial records from Morgan Corporation, as well as some objects.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Tri-County Heritage Society [Contact Us]
circa 1820s-1980s
Creator:
Plank family
Extent: 30 linear feet
The Plank family of Oley and Morgantown, Berks County, Pennsylvania is descended from French Huguenot and physician, Jacques De La Planche, or Jacob Plank (circa 1680-1760). Plank came to Pennsylvania around 1710 and settled in Oley about ten years later. His children and their descendents married into several influential families in Berks County and were actively involved in the communities of Oley and Morgantown. Plank family papers, circa 1820s-1980s, consist of materials that document the professional and personal lives of various members of the Plank family and their relations. Individuals well-represented in the collection include Dr. D. Heber Plank, William Bertolet Plank and others. Materials in the collection include diaries, correspondence, financial records, property documents, legal papers, scrapbooks, photographs and negatives, family records and genealogical research, records from organizations connected to the family, architectural and other technical drawings, printed matter, ephemera, and various other materials. (View full finding aid.)
title
Plank family papers
creator
Plank family
id
TRI.16
repository
extent
30 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1820s-1980s
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Plank family of Oley and Morgantown, Berks County, Pennsylvania is descended from French Huguenot and physician, Jacques De La Planche, or Jacob Plank (circa 1680-1760). Plank came to Pennsylvania around 1710 and settled in Oley about ten years later. His children and their descendents married into several influential families in Berks County and were actively involved in the communities of Oley and Morgantown. Plank family papers, circa 1820s-1980s, consist of materials that document the professional and personal lives of various members of the Plank family and their relations. Individuals well-represented in the collection include Dr. D. Heber Plank, William Bertolet Plank and others. Materials in the collection include diaries, correspondence, financial records, property documents, legal papers, scrapbooks, photographs and negatives, family records and genealogical research, records from organizations connected to the family, architectural and other technical drawings, printed matter, ephemera, and various other materials.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Tri-County Heritage Society [Contact Us]
1735-1990s
Creator:
Tri-County Heritage Society (Elverson, Pa.)
Extent: 75 linear feet
The region of southeastern Pennsylvania where southern Berks, northern Chester, and eastern Lancaster counties meet is known locally as the "Tri-County" area. The Tri-County area was first settled by Welsh immigrants, and later by German, Irish, and Scottish immigrants. While the area was largely agricultural, it also developed into an important early industrial corridor. In the early twenty-first century, the Tri-County area is a mix of farmland, industry, and suburban real estate development. Tri-County Heritage Society local history collection, 1735-1990s, consists of manuscripts and other original materials, photographs and audiovisual materials, secondary-source materials, printed matter and ephemera, and other documents relating to the history, residents, organizations, and businesses of Berks, Chester, and Lancaster counties. There is also some material relating to Delaware, Montgomery, and other nearby counties in Pennsylvania. (View full finding aid.)
title
Tri-County Heritage Society local history collection
creator
Tri-County Heritage Society (Elverson, Pa.)
id
TRI.02
repository
extent
75 linear feet
inclusive date
1735-1990s
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The region of southeastern Pennsylvania where southern Berks, northern Chester, and eastern Lancaster counties meet is known locally as the "Tri-County" area. The Tri-County area was first settled by Welsh immigrants, and later by German, Irish, and Scottish immigrants. While the area was largely agricultural, it also developed into an important early industrial corridor. In the early twenty-first century, the Tri-County area is a mix of farmland, industry, and suburban real estate development. Tri-County Heritage Society local history collection, 1735-1990s, consists of manuscripts and other original materials, photographs and audiovisual materials, secondary-source materials, printed matter and ephemera, and other documents relating to the history, residents, organizations, and businesses of Berks, Chester, and Lancaster counties. There is also some material relating to Delaware, Montgomery, and other nearby counties in Pennsylvania.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Tri-County Heritage Society [Contact Us]
circa 1970s-2016
Creator:
Tri-County Heritage Society (Elverson, Pa.)
Extent: 12 linear feet
The region of southeastern Pennsylvania where southern Berks, northern Chester, and eastern Lancaster counties meet is known locally as the "Tri-County" area. The Tri-County area was first settled by Welsh immigrants, and later by German, Irish, and Scottish immigrants. While the area was largely agricultural, it also developed into an important early industrial corridor. In the early twenty-first century, the Tri-County area is a mix of farmland, industry, and suburban real estate development. The Tri-County Heritage Society obituary collection, circa 1970s-2016, consists of obituaries from residents of the Tri-County area. There are original newspaper clippings as well as photocopies of the obituaries. (View full finding aid.)
title
Tri-County Heritage Society obituary collection
creator
Tri-County Heritage Society (Elverson, Pa.)
id
TRI.08
repository
extent
12 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1970s-2016
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The region of southeastern Pennsylvania where southern Berks, northern Chester, and eastern Lancaster counties meet is known locally as the "Tri-County" area. The Tri-County area was first settled by Welsh immigrants, and later by German, Irish, and Scottish immigrants. While the area was largely agricultural, it also developed into an important early industrial corridor. In the early twenty-first century, the Tri-County area is a mix of farmland, industry, and suburban real estate development. The Tri-County Heritage Society obituary collection, circa 1970s-2016, consists of obituaries from residents of the Tri-County area. There are original newspaper clippings as well as photocopies of the obituaries.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Tri-County Heritage Society [Contact Us]
circa 1970s-2016
Creator:
Tri-County Heritage Society (Elverson, Pa.)
Extent: 100 linear feet
The region of southeastern Pennsylvania where southern Berks, northern Chester, and eastern Lancaster counties meet is known locally as the "Tri-County" area. The Tri-County area was first settled by Welsh immigrants, and later by German, Irish, and Scottish immigrants. While the area was largely agricultural, it also developed into an important early industrial corridor. In the early twenty-first century, the Tri-County area is a mix of farmland, industry, and suburban real estate development. The Tri-County Heritage Society vertical files, circa 1970s-2016, consist of vertical files on families, churches, cemeteries, and other topics relating to Chester, Berks, Lancaster, and other Pennsylvania counties. The collection is organized into seven series: Series I. Family histories, Series II. Chester County cemetery and church records, Series III. Berks County cemetery records, Series IV. Lancaster County cemeteries, Series V. Other county cemetery and church records, Series VI. Topical files, Series VII. Jane Evans Best research on Welsh families. (View full finding aid.)
title
Tri-County Heritage Society vertical files
creator
Tri-County Heritage Society (Elverson, Pa.)
id
TRI.01
repository
extent
100 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1970s-2016
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The region of southeastern Pennsylvania where southern Berks, northern Chester, and eastern Lancaster counties meet is known locally as the "Tri-County" area. The Tri-County area was first settled by Welsh immigrants, and later by German, Irish, and Scottish immigrants. While the area was largely agricultural, it also developed into an important early industrial corridor. In the early twenty-first century, the Tri-County area is a mix of farmland, industry, and suburban real estate development. The Tri-County Heritage Society vertical files, circa 1970s-2016, consist of vertical files on families, churches, cemeteries, and other topics relating to Chester, Berks, Lancaster, and other Pennsylvania counties. The collection is organized into seven series: Series I. Family histories, Series II. Chester County cemetery and church records, Series III. Berks County cemetery records, Series IV. Lancaster County cemeteries, Series V. Other county cemetery and church records, Series VI. Topical files, Series VII. Jane Evans Best research on Welsh families.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Tri-County Heritage Society [Contact Us]
1970-2006
Creator:
Twin Valley Senior Citizens Club (Morgantown, Pa.)
Extent: 2.5 linear feet
The Twin Valley Senior Citizens Club is a group of older activists based in Morgantown, Berks County, Pennsylvania. Established in 1970, the purpose of the club is to promote the welfare, concerns, and happiness of its members and friends. Membership is limited to those who are fifty-five years old or older. Twin Valley Senior Citizens Club records, 1970-2006, consist of scrapbooks and photograph albums, minute books, financial records, and membership records of the Twin Valley Senior Citizens Club. (View full finding aid.)
title
Twin Valley Senior Citizens Club records
creator
Twin Valley Senior Citizens Club (Morgantown, Pa.)
id
TRI.11
repository
extent
2.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1970-2006
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Twin Valley Senior Citizens Club is a group of older activists based in Morgantown, Berks County, Pennsylvania. Established in 1970, the purpose of the club is to promote the welfare, concerns, and happiness of its members and friends. Membership is limited to those who are fifty-five years old or older. Twin Valley Senior Citizens Club records, 1970-2006, consist of scrapbooks and photograph albums, minute books, financial records, and membership records of the Twin Valley Senior Citizens Club.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Tri-County Heritage Society [Contact Us]
circa late 19th century-circa 1980
Creator:
Wanner family
Extent: 1 linear feet
John Reuben Wanner (1864-1932) was born in 1864 in Caernarvon Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. In 1886, he married Fannie Grube (1865-1947) in Morgantown, PA (Berks County). They had ten children: Matilda K., Edna May, Elizabeth H., Emma Valeria, Florence G., Jacob Grube, John Reuben Jr., David Stanley, Estella Viola, and Ethelbert H. The Wanner children and their descendants married into various families in the Tri-County area (Berks, Chester, and Lancaster counties in Pennsylvania), including the Bixler, Brower, Finger, Goodman, Guy, Hayes, Peiffer, Rettew, and Sternberger families. Wanner family papers, circa late 19th century-circa 1980s, consist of photographs, personal papers, postcards, memorial and funeral cards, newspaper clippings, and other materials. Other families represented in the collection include the Brower and Finger families, members of who married or were closely associated with members of the Wanner family. (View full finding aid.)
title
Wanner family papers
creator
Wanner family
id
TRI.10
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
circa late 19th century-circa 1980
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
John Reuben Wanner (1864-1932) was born in 1864 in Caernarvon Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. In 1886, he married Fannie Grube (1865-1947) in Morgantown, PA (Berks County). They had ten children: Matilda K., Edna May, Elizabeth H., Emma Valeria, Florence G., Jacob Grube, John Reuben Jr., David Stanley, Estella Viola, and Ethelbert H. The Wanner children and their descendants married into various families in the Tri-County area (Berks, Chester, and Lancaster counties in Pennsylvania), including the Bixler, Brower, Finger, Goodman, Guy, Hayes, Peiffer, Rettew, and Sternberger families. Wanner family papers, circa late 19th century-circa 1980s, consist of photographs, personal papers, postcards, memorial and funeral cards, newspaper clippings, and other materials. Other families represented in the collection include the Brower and Finger families, members of who married or were closely associated with members of the Wanner family.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
« First • Previous • Next • Last »