Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: Williamson College of the Trades (Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades)
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 3 out of 3  
Williamson College of the Trades (Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades) [Contact Us]
circa 2000-2008
Creator:
Hennigan, Cornelia, 1927-
Extent: 9 linear feet
Cornelia M. Hennigan, born in 1927, worked at Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades (now known as Williamson College of the Trades) in Media, Delaware County, Pennsylvania from 1994 until her retirement in 2009. During her time at Williamson she was employed as a dorm mother (1994-1997), director of residential life (1997-2000), and historian (2000-2009). While serving as historian, Hennigan wrote a manuscript (never published) about the history of Williamson. The Cornelia Hennigan research on the Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades, circa 2000-2008, consists mostly of research files with photocopies of primary and secondary-source documents relating to various subjects and people associated with the school. Hennigan's indices to several primary-source Williamson records (such as meeting minutes), an incomplete index to her own manuscript, and materials relating to the logistics of researching and writing a book, can also be found in the collection. (View full finding aid.)
title
Cornelia Hennigan research on the Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades
creator
Hennigan, Cornelia, 1927-
id
WFS.02
repository
extent
9 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 2000-2008
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Cornelia M. Hennigan, born in 1927, worked at Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades (now known as Williamson College of the Trades) in Media, Delaware County, Pennsylvania from 1994 until her retirement in 2009. During her time at Williamson she was employed as a dorm mother (1994-1997), director of residential life (1997-2000), and historian (2000-2009). While serving as historian, Hennigan wrote a manuscript (never published) about the history of Williamson. The Cornelia Hennigan research on the Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades, circa 2000-2008, consists mostly of research files with photocopies of primary and secondary-source documents relating to various subjects and people associated with the school. Hennigan's indices to several primary-source Williamson records (such as meeting minutes), an incomplete index to her own manuscript, and materials relating to the logistics of researching and writing a book, can also be found in the collection.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Williamson College of the Trades (Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades) [Contact Us]
1835-1898
Creator:
Williamson, Isaiah V., 1803-1889
Extent: 5.5 linear feet
Isaiah V. Williamson (1803-1889) was born in Fallsington, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. After becoming a successful merchant in Philadelphia and retiring in 1838, Williamson turned to investing and philanthropy. In 1888, Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades (now known as Williamson College of the Trades) in Middletown Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania was established with an endowment from Williamson. The Isaiah V. Williamson financial papers, 1835-1898, consist of various documents and volumes relating to Isaiah Williamson's financial interests, including some legal and estate papers dating from after his death. There is also a small amount of secondary-source materials, such as newspaper clippings of Williamson's obituary and research on Williamson and his family members and associates. (View full finding aid.)
title
Isaiah V. Williamson financial papers
creator
Williamson, Isaiah V., 1803-1889
id
WFS.03
repository
extent
5.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1835-1898
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Isaiah V. Williamson (1803-1889) was born in Fallsington, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. After becoming a successful merchant in Philadelphia and retiring in 1838, Williamson turned to investing and philanthropy. In 1888, Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades (now known as Williamson College of the Trades) in Middletown Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania was established with an endowment from Williamson. The Isaiah V. Williamson financial papers, 1835-1898, consist of various documents and volumes relating to Isaiah Williamson's financial interests, including some legal and estate papers dating from after his death. There is also a small amount of secondary-source materials, such as newspaper clippings of Williamson's obituary and research on Williamson and his family members and associates.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Williamson College of the Trades (Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades) [Contact Us]
1746-2014
(Bulk: 1888-2014)
Creator:
Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades
Extent: 150 linear feet
Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades (now known as Williamson College of the Trades) in Middletown Township, Pennsylvania (Delaware County) was established in 1888 with an endowment from Philadelphia merchant and philanthropist Isaiah V. Williamson. The tuition-free school initially offered vocational training for high school-aged men in areas such as bricklaying, carpentry, and machine shop. Since becoming a post-secondary institution in 1961, the school now offers associate degrees in various fields of specialized technology. The Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades records, 1746-2014 (bulk 1888-2014), consist of administrative and financial records; a variety of visual, audio, and audiovisual materials; alumni and student publications; alumni records and personal papers; blueprints, deeds, and other documents relating to the School's property; and several other materials that document the functions of the School and the individual experiences of its students, teachers, and other associates. (View full finding aid.)
title
Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades records
creator
Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades
id
WFS.01
repository
extent
150 linear feet
inclusive date
1746-2014
bulk date
1888-2014
abstract/scope/contents
Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades (now known as Williamson College of the Trades) in Middletown Township, Pennsylvania (Delaware County) was established in 1888 with an endowment from Philadelphia merchant and philanthropist Isaiah V. Williamson. The tuition-free school initially offered vocational training for high school-aged men in areas such as bricklaying, carpentry, and machine shop. Since becoming a post-secondary institution in 1961, the school now offers associate degrees in various fields of specialized technology. The Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades records, 1746-2014 (bulk 1888-2014), consist of administrative and financial records; a variety of visual, audio, and audiovisual materials; alumni and student publications; alumni records and personal papers; blueprints, deeds, and other documents relating to the School's property; and several other materials that document the functions of the School and the individual experiences of its students, teachers, and other associates.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet