Search Finding Aids
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Historic Fallsington, Inc. [Contact Us]
Historic Fallsington, Inc.
Extent: 3 linear feet
Settled by English Quakers in the late 17th century, the Village of Fallsington in Falls Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania became significant as a religious, social and commercial center for the surrounding community. Fallsington became the first historic district in Bucks County in 1955 and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971, largely due to the efforts of Historic Fallsington, Inc. The historic preservation organization and museum formed in the early 1950s as a response to the suburban development that threatened the destruction of historic homes and buildings. The Historic Fallsington, Inc. records, 1956-circa 1995, consist of files on Historic Fallsington, Inc. that were maintained by former board members and donated back to the organization. The files include Historic Fallsington, Inc. minutes, financial records, correspondence, ephemera, photocopies of research materials, and photocopies of newspaper clippings on Historic Fallsington. Also included in the collection are materials from an oral history project the organization conducted in 1989. (View full finding aid.)