Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Subject: Topic: Postmasters
Sort Results By:
Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 5 out of 5  
Dublin Historical Society [Contact Us]
1880-1945
Creator:
Dublin Post Office (Dublin, Pa.)
Extent: 1.75 linear feet
From 1880 until 1923, the office of postmaster for Dublin (Bucks County, Pennsylvania) was held at various times by J. S. Rickert, Benjamin F. Shearer, and Jacob B. Rosenberger, depending on the political affiliation of the mayor. In 1923, Jacob M. Kooker became postmaster and re-located the post office to his general store. Kooker retired in 1944; the post office remained at the site until 1975. The Dublin Post Office records, 1880-1945, consist of Postmaster's Account and Record Books (4th Class), registers of money orders issued and received, and records of registered letters received and delivered. (View full finding aid.)
title
Dublin Post Office records
creator
Dublin Post Office (Dublin, Pa.)
id
DHS.01
repository
extent
1.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1880-1945
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
From 1880 until 1923, the office of postmaster for Dublin (Bucks County, Pennsylvania) was held at various times by J. S. Rickert, Benjamin F. Shearer, and Jacob B. Rosenberger, depending on the political affiliation of the mayor. In 1923, Jacob M. Kooker became postmaster and re-located the post office to his general store. Kooker retired in 1944; the post office remained at the site until 1975. The Dublin Post Office records, 1880-1945, consist of Postmaster's Account and Record Books (4th Class), registers of money orders issued and received, and records of registered letters received and delivered.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Kennett Township Historical Commission [Contact Us]
circa 1850-1950
Creator:
Hannum family
Extent: 2.5 linear feet
The Hannum family were members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) based in and around Kennett Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania. Charles Beverly Hannum (born 1861) was employed at times as a railroad agent and owner of a general store. One of his sons, Edward Darlington Hannum (1892-1977), worked variously as a postmaster, greenhouse manager, florist, and mushroom grower. The Hannum family papers, circa 1850-1950, consist of various materials from the Hannum, Cloud, and Darlington families, including photographs, scrapbooks, financial records, and other documents. Best represented are Charles B. Hannum and Edward D. Hannum. (View full finding aid.)
title
Hannum family papers
creator
Hannum family
id
KTHC.04
repository
extent
2.5 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1850-1950
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Hannum family were members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) based in and around Kennett Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania. Charles Beverly Hannum (born 1861) was employed at times as a railroad agent and owner of a general store. One of his sons, Edward Darlington Hannum (1892-1977), worked variously as a postmaster, greenhouse manager, florist, and mushroom grower. The Hannum family papers, circa 1850-1950, consist of various materials from the Hannum, Cloud, and Darlington families, including photographs, scrapbooks, financial records, and other documents. Best represented are Charles B. Hannum and Edward D. Hannum.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
King of Prussia Historical Society [Contact Us]
1927-1966
Creator:
King of Prussia Post Office and General Store
Extent: 2.25 linear feet
The King of Prussia Post Office and General Store was established in the late 18th century and continued in operation until the 1980s. Beginning in the late 1930s, it also housed an antiques business. The King of Prussia Post Office and General Store ledgers, 1927-1966, consist of financial ledgers, most of which relate to the general store, post office, and antiques businesses. Other ledgers include bookkeeping records and accounts with another business. (View full finding aid.)
title
King of Prussia Post Office and General Store ledgers
creator
King of Prussia Post Office and General Store
id
KOP.04
repository
extent
2.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1927-1966
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The King of Prussia Post Office and General Store was established in the late 18th century and continued in operation until the 1980s. Beginning in the late 1930s, it also housed an antiques business. The King of Prussia Post Office and General Store ledgers, 1927-1966, consist of financial ledgers, most of which relate to the general store, post office, and antiques businesses. Other ledgers include bookkeeping records and accounts with another business.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Malvern Historical Commission [Contact Us]
1978-1989, 2000-2012
Creator:
Malvern Historical Commission
Extent: 4 linear feet
In the 17th century, Welsh immigrants settled in the area that would later be known as Malvern, Chester County, Pennsylvania. Originally part of Willistown Township as a village called West Chester Intersection, the village was renamed Malvern in 1873 and incorporated in 1889 as the Borough of Malvern, formally separating it from Willistown Township. The Malvern Historical Commission oral histories, 1978-1989, 2000-2012, consist of about fifty oral histories conducted by the Malvern Historical Commission during the 1980s and 2000s with residents or former residents of Malvern discussing their memories of the Borough and family members. (View full finding aid.)
title
Malvern Historical Commission oral histories
creator
Malvern Historical Commission
id
MHC.04
repository
extent
4 linear feet
inclusive date
1978-1989, 2000-2012
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
In the 17th century, Welsh immigrants settled in the area that would later be known as Malvern, Chester County, Pennsylvania. Originally part of Willistown Township as a village called West Chester Intersection, the village was renamed Malvern in 1873 and incorporated in 1889 as the Borough of Malvern, formally separating it from Willistown Township. The Malvern Historical Commission oral histories, 1978-1989, 2000-2012, consist of about fifty oral histories conducted by the Malvern Historical Commission during the 1980s and 2000s with residents or former residents of Malvern discussing their memories of the Borough and family members.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historic Sugartown, Inc. [Contact Us]
1830-1939
Creator:
Worrall family
Extent: 4 linear feet
During the 1840s, Sharpless Worrall moved with his family to Sugartown in Willistown Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania, where he took over ownership of a general store and served as postmaster for 20 years. Upon his retirement, Worrall's son-in-law Hillery John took over the store, which he ran until his death. At that point it was taken over by Hillery's son, Clyde B. John, who eventually turned the business into an antiques shop. Worrall and John family papers and business records, 1830-1939, primarily consist of the business records of the general store under all three owners as well personal and family papers relating to the Worrall and John families. (View full finding aid.)
title
Worrall and John family papers and business records
creator
Worrall family
id
HSI.01
repository
extent
4 linear feet
inclusive date
1830-1939
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
During the 1840s, Sharpless Worrall moved with his family to Sugartown in Willistown Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania, where he took over ownership of a general store and served as postmaster for 20 years. Upon his retirement, Worrall's son-in-law Hillery John took over the store, which he ran until his death. At that point it was taken over by Hillery's son, Clyde B. John, who eventually turned the business into an antiques shop. Worrall and John family papers and business records, 1830-1939, primarily consist of the business records of the general store under all three owners as well personal and family papers relating to the Worrall and John families.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
« First • Previous • Next • Last »