Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
Remove
filtered Sort: Date added (descending)
Sort Results By:
hide/display content

Possible Sorts:

Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • NextLast »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 25 out of 57  
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1855-1995
Creator:
Frankford Central United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 4 linear feet
Central Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in the Frankford neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1876 and closed in 2005. The Frankford Central United Methodist Church records, 1855-1995, include official board minutes, trustee minutes, membership and vital records, newsletters, and various other records of Frankford Central United Methodist Church. (View full finding aid.)
title
Frankford Central United Methodist Church records
creator
Frankford Central United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.14
repository
extent
4 linear feet
inclusive date
1855-1995
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Central Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in the Frankford neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1876 and closed in 2005. The Frankford Central United Methodist Church records, 1855-1995, include official board minutes, trustee minutes, membership and vital records, newsletters, and various other records of Frankford Central United Methodist Church.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1920-2000
Creator:
Atglen United Methodist Church
Extent: 1 linear feet
Penningtonville Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1853 in Chester County, Pennsylvania. Penningtonville became a borough in 1876 and changed its name to Atglen, at which point the church changed its name to Atglen Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1997, Atglen United Methodist Church and nearby Gap United Methodist Church merged, creating Asbury Community United Methodist Church, which met at the Atglen location until it was discontinued in 2002. The Atglen United Methodist Church records, 1920-2000, consist primarily of trustee minutes (1932-1995) and membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, and deaths, (1920-1987), with a small amount of board minutes, annual budgets, cemetery records, newspaper clippings, church history, and a building sketch. (View full finding aid.)
title
Atglen United Methodist Church records
creator
Atglen United Methodist Church
id
UMC.36
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
1920-2000
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Penningtonville Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1853 in Chester County, Pennsylvania. Penningtonville became a borough in 1876 and changed its name to Atglen, at which point the church changed its name to Atglen Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1997, Atglen United Methodist Church and nearby Gap United Methodist Church merged, creating Asbury Community United Methodist Church, which met at the Atglen location until it was discontinued in 2002. The Atglen United Methodist Church records, 1920-2000, consist primarily of trustee minutes (1932-1995) and membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, and deaths, (1920-1987), with a small amount of board minutes, annual budgets, cemetery records, newspaper clippings, church history, and a building sketch.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1877-1987
Creator:
Tioga Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.25 linear feet
Tioga Methodist Episcopal Church in North Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was founded in 1877. It was located at Venango and 18th streets, then moved to 18th and Tioga streets. In 1985, Tioga United Methodist Church merged with Gethsemane United Methodist Church. The Tioga Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1877-1987, include trustees minutes, Leaders and Stewards minutes, Quarterly Conference records, membership directories, worship bulletins, photographs, Sunday School attendance, and a few other documents, as well as membership lists, marriages, and baptisms. (View full finding aid.)
title
Tioga Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Tioga Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.50
repository
extent
1.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1877-1987
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Tioga Methodist Episcopal Church in North Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was founded in 1877. It was located at Venango and 18th streets, then moved to 18th and Tioga streets. In 1985, Tioga United Methodist Church merged with Gethsemane United Methodist Church. The Tioga Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1877-1987, include trustees minutes, Leaders and Stewards minutes, Quarterly Conference records, membership directories, worship bulletins, photographs, Sunday School attendance, and a few other documents, as well as membership lists, marriages, and baptisms.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1891-2004
Creator:
Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 3 linear feet
Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church in the Germantown neighborhood of Philadelphia was established in 1970 as a merger of Chelten Avenue United Methodist Church (founded as Chelten Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church in 1886) and Trinity United Methodist Church (organized as Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church in 1900). The merged congregation met in the Chelten Avenue church building until it was discontinued in 2004. The Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church records, 1891-2004, are largely composed of records from Chelten Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, although some materials relate to Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church or the merged congregation. It includes Quarterly Conference records, trustee minutes, official board minutes, administrative board and council minutes, Charge Conference materials, membership and vital records (marriages, baptisms, funerals), and a small amount of financial documents, church histories, photographs, and other materials. (View full finding aid.)
title
Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church records
creator
Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.25
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1891-2004
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church in the Germantown neighborhood of Philadelphia was established in 1970 as a merger of Chelten Avenue United Methodist Church (founded as Chelten Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church in 1886) and Trinity United Methodist Church (organized as Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church in 1900). The merged congregation met in the Chelten Avenue church building until it was discontinued in 2004. The Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church records, 1891-2004, are largely composed of records from Chelten Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, although some materials relate to Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church or the merged congregation. It includes Quarterly Conference records, trustee minutes, official board minutes, administrative board and council minutes, Charge Conference materials, membership and vital records (marriages, baptisms, funerals), and a small amount of financial documents, church histories, photographs, and other materials.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1897-2009
Creator:
Prospectville United Methodist Church (Prospectville, Pa.)
Extent: 1.25 linear feet
Prospectville Methodist Episcopal Church (later Prospectville Methodist Church) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania began meeting in the late 19th century and may have been discontinued in the early 1950s. Prospectville Evangelical United Brethren Church began meeting in the 1940s and was formally established in 1953. It was originally called Prospectville Methodist Mission Church, was renamed Prospectville United Methodist Church in 1968, and was discontinued in 2009. Most of the Prospectville Methodist churches records, 1897-2009, are records from Prospectville Evangelical United Brethren Church (also called Prospectville Methodist Mission Church and Prospectville United Methodist Church), with a smaller amount of records from Prospectville Methodist Episcopal Church (also called Prospectville Methodist Church). Included are membership and vital records (baptisms, marriages), board minutes, Charge Conference materials, and various other papers such as photographs, histories, and property-related documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Prospectville Methodist churches records
creator
Prospectville United Methodist Church (Prospectville, Pa.)
id
UMC.10
repository
extent
1.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1897-2009
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Prospectville Methodist Episcopal Church (later Prospectville Methodist Church) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania began meeting in the late 19th century and may have been discontinued in the early 1950s. Prospectville Evangelical United Brethren Church began meeting in the 1940s and was formally established in 1953. It was originally called Prospectville Methodist Mission Church, was renamed Prospectville United Methodist Church in 1968, and was discontinued in 2009. Most of the Prospectville Methodist churches records, 1897-2009, are records from Prospectville Evangelical United Brethren Church (also called Prospectville Methodist Mission Church and Prospectville United Methodist Church), with a smaller amount of records from Prospectville Methodist Episcopal Church (also called Prospectville Methodist Church). Included are membership and vital records (baptisms, marriages), board minutes, Charge Conference materials, and various other papers such as photographs, histories, and property-related documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1873-2001
Creator:
Tacony United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2 linear feet
In 1858, a Methodist Sunday School was opened to serve the Tacony neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It became Tacony Methodist Episcopal Church in 1873. Tacony United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2001. The Tacony United Methodist Church records, 1873-2001, include minutes of the Board of Stewards, Trustees, Quarterly Conference, and Official Board; membership and vital records; and anniversary programs and historical accounts, membership directories, property-related documents, photographs, and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Tacony United Methodist Church records
creator
Tacony United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.18
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1873-2001
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
In 1858, a Methodist Sunday School was opened to serve the Tacony neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It became Tacony Methodist Episcopal Church in 1873. Tacony United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2001. The Tacony United Methodist Church records, 1873-2001, include minutes of the Board of Stewards, Trustees, Quarterly Conference, and Official Board; membership and vital records; and anniversary programs and historical accounts, membership directories, property-related documents, photographs, and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1846-1959
Creator:
Port Richmond Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2 linear feet
Port Richmond Methodist Episcopal Church was founded in 1846 in Port Richmond, which was then a district outside the City of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, but was later incorporated into and became a neighborhood of the city in the 1854 city/county consolidation of Philadelphia. Port Richmond Methodist Church was discontinued in 1955. The Port Richmond Methodist Church records, 1846-1959, consist of trustee minutes, official board minutes, corporation minutes, Quarterly Conference records, membership records, baptisms, and marriages. (View full finding aid.)
title
Port Richmond Methodist Church records
creator
Port Richmond Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.16
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1846-1959
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Port Richmond Methodist Episcopal Church was founded in 1846 in Port Richmond, which was then a district outside the City of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, but was later incorporated into and became a neighborhood of the city in the 1854 city/county consolidation of Philadelphia. Port Richmond Methodist Church was discontinued in 1955. The Port Richmond Methodist Church records, 1846-1959, consist of trustee minutes, official board minutes, corporation minutes, Quarterly Conference records, membership records, baptisms, and marriages.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1834-1945, 1995
Creator:
Church of the Covenant Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2.75 linear feet
Salem Methodist Episcopal Church was founded in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1835, and re-located to Lombard and Juniper Streets in 1841. It merged with Western Methodist Episcopal Church to form Methodist Episcopal Church of the Covenant in 1894, located at 18th and Spruce Streets. Church of the Covenant Methodist Church was discontinued in 1945. Most of the Church of the Covenant Methodist Church records, 1834-1945 and 1995, are Salem Methodist Episcopal Church registers and minutes (First Leaders, trustees, and Quarterly Conference). Records from Western Methodist Episcopal Church and Church of the Covenant Methodist Church are also present. (View full finding aid.)
title
Church of the Covenant Methodist Church records
creator
Church of the Covenant Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.47
repository
extent
2.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1834-1945, 1995
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Salem Methodist Episcopal Church was founded in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1835, and re-located to Lombard and Juniper Streets in 1841. It merged with Western Methodist Episcopal Church to form Methodist Episcopal Church of the Covenant in 1894, located at 18th and Spruce Streets. Church of the Covenant Methodist Church was discontinued in 1945. Most of the Church of the Covenant Methodist Church records, 1834-1945 and 1995, are Salem Methodist Episcopal Church registers and minutes (First Leaders, trustees, and Quarterly Conference). Records from Western Methodist Episcopal Church and Church of the Covenant Methodist Church are also present.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
circa 1770-2000
Creator:
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
Extent: 10 linear feet
Methodism is a protestant Christian faith based in the teachings of John Wesley (1703-1791), who preached "practical divinity," emphasis on Christian living, and putting faith and love into action. The Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1784 in the United States. After a series of divisions and unifications over the centuries, the modern United Methodist Church (U.S.) was formed in 1968. The Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church manuscripts collection, circa 1770-2000, includes papers of various reverends, bishops, and other Methodists, including correspondence, diaries, religious commentary, sermon drafts, pastoral records, autograph books, scrapbooks, marriage certificates, deacons certificates, traveling connections, diplomas, district reports, printed engravings of Methodists (preachers), Methodist historical notes, photographs and photograph albums, and other documents. There is only a small amount of material (less than 1 linear foot) associated with any one individual. Of special interest are documents from John Wesley, Francis Asbury, Thomas Coke, Joseph Pilmore, and Anna Jarvis. (View full finding aid.)
title
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church manuscripts collection
creator
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
id
UMC.03
repository
extent
10 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1770-2000
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Methodism is a protestant Christian faith based in the teachings of John Wesley (1703-1791), who preached "practical divinity," emphasis on Christian living, and putting faith and love into action. The Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1784 in the United States. After a series of divisions and unifications over the centuries, the modern United Methodist Church (U.S.) was formed in 1968. The Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church manuscripts collection, circa 1770-2000, includes papers of various reverends, bishops, and other Methodists, including correspondence, diaries, religious commentary, sermon drafts, pastoral records, autograph books, scrapbooks, marriage certificates, deacons certificates, traveling connections, diplomas, district reports, printed engravings of Methodists (preachers), Methodist historical notes, photographs and photograph albums, and other documents. There is only a small amount of material (less than 1 linear foot) associated with any one individual. Of special interest are documents from John Wesley, Francis Asbury, Thomas Coke, Joseph Pilmore, and Anna Jarvis.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1871-2006
Creator:
Kedron United Methodist Church (Morton, Pa.)
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
Kedron Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in Morton, Delaware County, Pennsylvania in 1860. Circa 2006, Kedron United Methodist Church was discontinued and several, if not all, of its remaining members transferred to C. C. Hancock Memorial United Methodist Church in nearby Springfield Township (Delaware County, Pennsylvania). The Kedron United Methodist Church records, 1871-2006, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers. Also included are some minutes of the Official Board, Charge Conference records, photographs, anniversary programs, historical materials, directories, bulletins, and other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Kedron United Methodist Church records
creator
Kedron United Methodist Church (Morton, Pa.)
id
UMC.42
repository
extent
1.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1871-2006
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Kedron Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in Morton, Delaware County, Pennsylvania in 1860. Circa 2006, Kedron United Methodist Church was discontinued and several, if not all, of its remaining members transferred to C. C. Hancock Memorial United Methodist Church in nearby Springfield Township (Delaware County, Pennsylvania). The Kedron United Methodist Church records, 1871-2006, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers. Also included are some minutes of the Official Board, Charge Conference records, photographs, anniversary programs, historical materials, directories, bulletins, and other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1869-1935
Creator:
Preachers' Aid Society of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church
Extent: 1.2 linear feet
The Preachers' Aid Society of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church was incorporated in 1869 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Society's objectives included providing assistance to members, widows and orphans of members, ministers and their families, and the families of itinerant ministers of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church. The Preachers' Aid Society of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1869-1935, consist of minutes, reports, and financial records. (View full finding aid.)
title
Preachers' Aid Society of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Preachers' Aid Society of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church
id
UMC.53
repository
extent
1.2 linear feet
inclusive date
1869-1935
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Preachers' Aid Society of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church was incorporated in 1869 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Society's objectives included providing assistance to members, widows and orphans of members, ministers and their families, and the families of itinerant ministers of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church. The Preachers' Aid Society of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1869-1935, consist of minutes, reports, and financial records.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1871-1953
Creator:
Norris Square Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.75 linear feet
Norris Square Methodist Episcopal Church, the successor to Somerset Mission and Lehigh Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, was incorporated in 1874 and located on Mascher and Colona streets, above Susquehanna Avenue in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Norris Square Methodist Church was discontinued in 1952. The Norris Square Methodist Church records, 1871-1953, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers. Also included are minutes of the Official Board, Quarterly Conference, and membership meetings; materials relating to the church's closing; property documents; charters; and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Norris Square Methodist Church records
creator
Norris Square Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.43
repository
extent
1.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1871-1953
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Norris Square Methodist Episcopal Church, the successor to Somerset Mission and Lehigh Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, was incorporated in 1874 and located on Mascher and Colona streets, above Susquehanna Avenue in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Norris Square Methodist Church was discontinued in 1952. The Norris Square Methodist Church records, 1871-1953, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers. Also included are minutes of the Official Board, Quarterly Conference, and membership meetings; materials relating to the church's closing; property documents; charters; and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1851-2009
Creator:
Falls United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 3 linear feet
Falls of Schuylkill Methodist Episcopal Church in what is now the East Falls neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was officially established in 1855, although the congregation was on a circuit with Manayunk and Fairmount as early as 1837. In 2005, known as Falls United Methodist Church and located at 3576 Indian Queen Lane, the church was discontinued. The Falls United Methodist Church records, 1851-2009, include a large amount of meeting minutes and vital and membership records, and a small amount of other records relating to the property, nursery school, church history, chorus, and other topics. (View full finding aid.)
title
Falls United Methodist Church records
creator
Falls United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.32
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1851-2009
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Falls of Schuylkill Methodist Episcopal Church in what is now the East Falls neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was officially established in 1855, although the congregation was on a circuit with Manayunk and Fairmount as early as 1837. In 2005, known as Falls United Methodist Church and located at 3576 Indian Queen Lane, the church was discontinued. The Falls United Methodist Church records, 1851-2009, include a large amount of meeting minutes and vital and membership records, and a small amount of other records relating to the property, nursery school, church history, chorus, and other topics.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1893-1993
Creator:
Trinity United Methodist Church (Reading, Pa.)
Extent: 1.2 linear feet
Trinity United Brethren Church in Reading, Pennsylvania was formed in 1912 as a merger of Memorial Young People's Christian Union Church (United Brethren in Christ) in Reading, Otterbein Society of the Church of United Brethren in Christ in Reading, and Salem Society of the Church of the United Brethren in Christ in Sinking Spring. Trinity United Methodist Church was discontinued in 1993. The Trinity United Methodist Church records, 1893-1993, consist of membership and vital records as well as meeting minutes (Charge Conference, Quarterly Conference, Official Board) relating to Trinity United Methodist Church, as well as membership and vital records from its three predecessor churches, and a small number of property-related documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Trinity United Methodist Church records
creator
Trinity United Methodist Church (Reading, Pa.)
id
UMC.46
repository
extent
1.2 linear feet
inclusive date
1893-1993
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Trinity United Brethren Church in Reading, Pennsylvania was formed in 1912 as a merger of Memorial Young People's Christian Union Church (United Brethren in Christ) in Reading, Otterbein Society of the Church of United Brethren in Christ in Reading, and Salem Society of the Church of the United Brethren in Christ in Sinking Spring. Trinity United Methodist Church was discontinued in 1993. The Trinity United Methodist Church records, 1893-1993, consist of membership and vital records as well as meeting minutes (Charge Conference, Quarterly Conference, Official Board) relating to Trinity United Methodist Church, as well as membership and vital records from its three predecessor churches, and a small number of property-related documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1855-1952
Creator:
Pitman Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
Pitman Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1856 at 23rd and Lombard Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and later moved to 28th and Dickson Streets. Pitman Methodist Church was discontinued in 1952. The Pitman Methodist Church records, 1855-1952, consist of Trustee, Quarterly Conference, and Board of Leaders and Stewards minutes, as well as lists of members, marriages, and baptisms, and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Pitman Methodist Church records
creator
Pitman Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.29
repository
extent
1.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1855-1952
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Pitman Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1856 at 23rd and Lombard Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and later moved to 28th and Dickson Streets. Pitman Methodist Church was discontinued in 1952. The Pitman Methodist Church records, 1855-1952, consist of Trustee, Quarterly Conference, and Board of Leaders and Stewards minutes, as well as lists of members, marriages, and baptisms, and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1840-2011
Creator:
United Methodist Church of Narberth (Narberth, Pa.)
Extent: 1.67 linear feet
Beth-Raffen Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1884 in what is today known as Narberth, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Originally part of the Merion Square Circuit, Beth-Raffen changed its name to Narberth Methodist Episcopal Church and became a separate station under the Philadelphia Conference in 1897. The United Methodist Church of Narberth was discontinued in 2013. The United Methodist Church of Narberth records, 1840-2011, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers; and minutes of the Board of Trustees, Official Board, Quarterly Conference, membership meetings, and Building Committee. Also included are a small amount of photographs, anniversary programs, correspondence, historical materials, directories, bulletins, and other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
United Methodist Church of Narberth records
creator
United Methodist Church of Narberth (Narberth, Pa.)
id
UMC.35
repository
extent
1.67 linear feet
inclusive date
1840-2011
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Beth-Raffen Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1884 in what is today known as Narberth, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Originally part of the Merion Square Circuit, Beth-Raffen changed its name to Narberth Methodist Episcopal Church and became a separate station under the Philadelphia Conference in 1897. The United Methodist Church of Narberth was discontinued in 2013. The United Methodist Church of Narberth records, 1840-2011, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers; and minutes of the Board of Trustees, Official Board, Quarterly Conference, membership meetings, and Building Committee. Also included are a small amount of photographs, anniversary programs, correspondence, historical materials, directories, bulletins, and other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1861-1988
Creator:
Spring Garden Street United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2 linear feet
Founded in 1861, Spring Garden Street Methodist Episcopal Church's building at 20th and Spring Garden Streets in the Fairmount section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was constructed in 1865. In 1986, there was a resolution to discontinue Spring Garden United Methodist Church, but its closing appears not to have happened until 1988. The Spring Garden Street United Methodist Church records, 1861-1988, consist of minutes of the corporation, trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, baptisms, marriages, and funerals. (View full finding aid.)
title
Spring Garden Street United Methodist Church records
creator
Spring Garden Street United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.20
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1861-1988
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Founded in 1861, Spring Garden Street Methodist Episcopal Church's building at 20th and Spring Garden Streets in the Fairmount section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was constructed in 1865. In 1986, there was a resolution to discontinue Spring Garden United Methodist Church, but its closing appears not to have happened until 1988. The Spring Garden Street United Methodist Church records, 1861-1988, consist of minutes of the corporation, trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, baptisms, marriages, and funerals.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
circa 1820-1975
Creator:
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
Extent: 15 linear feet
Methodism is a protestant Christian faith based in the teachings of John Wesley (1703-1791), who preached "practical divinity," emphasis on Christian living, and putting faith and love into action. The Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1784 in the United States. After a series of divisions and unifications over the centuries, the modern United Methodist Church (U.S.) was formed in 1968. The Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church collection of Methodist organizations records, circa 1820-1975, consists of small amounts of records from various Methodist organizations within the boundaries of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church, roughly ranging from Philadelphia to Harrisburg. The amount of documentation varies by organization, but there is less than one linear foot of material for each of the organizations included in this collection. Minute books, newsletters, property-related records, financial documents, and several other types of materials, including some audio recordings and photographs, can be found. (View full finding aid.)
title
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church collection of Methodist organizations records
creator
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
id
UMC.05
repository
extent
15 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1820-1975
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Methodism is a protestant Christian faith based in the teachings of John Wesley (1703-1791), who preached "practical divinity," emphasis on Christian living, and putting faith and love into action. The Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1784 in the United States. After a series of divisions and unifications over the centuries, the modern United Methodist Church (U.S.) was formed in 1968. The Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church collection of Methodist organizations records, circa 1820-1975, consists of small amounts of records from various Methodist organizations within the boundaries of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church, roughly ranging from Philadelphia to Harrisburg. The amount of documentation varies by organization, but there is less than one linear foot of material for each of the organizations included in this collection. Minute books, newsletters, property-related records, financial documents, and several other types of materials, including some audio recordings and photographs, can be found.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1801-1945
Creator:
Methodist Episcopal Union Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 5 linear feet
Methodist Episcopal Union Church was formed in 1801 at 4th and Arch Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by a group that split off from St. George's Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1887 West Park Avenue Chapel merged into the Church, and soon after the Union congregation moved to a new building designed by noted Philadelphia architects Hazelhurst & Huckel at 20th and Diamond Streets. Union Methodist Church was discontinued in 1945. The Methodist Episcopal Union Church records, 1801-1945, include membership and vital records, trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference records, financial papers, reports, mortgages and property-related records, pamphlets and ephemera, correspondence, photographs, cemetery records, and other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Methodist Episcopal Union Church records
creator
Methodist Episcopal Union Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.33
repository
extent
5 linear feet
inclusive date
1801-1945
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Methodist Episcopal Union Church was formed in 1801 at 4th and Arch Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by a group that split off from St. George's Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1887 West Park Avenue Chapel merged into the Church, and soon after the Union congregation moved to a new building designed by noted Philadelphia architects Hazelhurst & Huckel at 20th and Diamond Streets. Union Methodist Church was discontinued in 1945. The Methodist Episcopal Union Church records, 1801-1945, include membership and vital records, trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference records, financial papers, reports, mortgages and property-related records, pamphlets and ephemera, correspondence, photographs, cemetery records, and other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1838-1942
Creator:
Preachers' Meeting of the Methodist Episcopal Church of Philadelphia
Extent: 2.25 linear feet
The Preachers' Meeting of the Methodist Episcopal Church of Philadelphia, known at other times as the Methodist Ministers' Meeting of Philadelphia and Vicinity, was a collegial gathering of local Methodist ministers that began in the 1820s or earlier and continued into the 20th century. They often had a featured topic to discuss, were visited by a guest speaker, or considered changes to the Methodist form of worship. They also would occasionally comment on some pressing social issue or read memoirs of fellow clergy who died. The Preachers' Meeting of the Methodist Episcopal Church of Philadelphia minutes, 1838-1942, consist entirely of minute books. (View full finding aid.)
title
Preachers' Meeting of the Methodist Episcopal Church of Philadelphia minutes
creator
Preachers' Meeting of the Methodist Episcopal Church of Philadelphia
id
UMC.56
repository
extent
2.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1838-1942
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Preachers' Meeting of the Methodist Episcopal Church of Philadelphia, known at other times as the Methodist Ministers' Meeting of Philadelphia and Vicinity, was a collegial gathering of local Methodist ministers that began in the 1820s or earlier and continued into the 20th century. They often had a featured topic to discuss, were visited by a guest speaker, or considered changes to the Methodist form of worship. They also would occasionally comment on some pressing social issue or read memoirs of fellow clergy who died. The Preachers' Meeting of the Methodist Episcopal Church of Philadelphia minutes, 1838-1942, consist entirely of minute books.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1826-1941
Creator:
Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church (Southwark, Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church in the Southwark section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was founded in 1790 and discontinued in 1938. The Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1826-1941, consist largely membership, marriage, and baptism records. There is also a Quarterly Conference Record dating from 1835 to 1867, one book from 1903 to 1904 consisting of burial records from both Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church in Southwark and Ebenezer Church in Havertown, and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church (Southwark, Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.38
repository
extent
1.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1826-1941
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church in the Southwark section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was founded in 1790 and discontinued in 1938. The Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1826-1941, consist largely membership, marriage, and baptism records. There is also a Quarterly Conference Record dating from 1835 to 1867, one book from 1903 to 1904 consisting of burial records from both Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church in Southwark and Ebenezer Church in Havertown, and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1873-2003
Creator:
Upland United Methodist Church (Brookhaven, Pa.)
Extent: 2.75 linear feet
The congregation for Upland United Methodist Church began meeting in 1866, although it was not until 1873 that construction began on a new church building, at Church and Eighth Streets in the nearby Borough of Brookhaven, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The final service was held at Upland United Methodist Church on Sunday July 13, 2003. The Upland United Methodist Church records, 1873-2003, consist largely of minutes of the official board, administrative board, and board of trustees; Charge Conference reports; and membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, and deaths. Also included are a small amount of property-related records (featuring blueprints of the church organ and a photograph of the church building), directories, bulletins, budgets, and other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Upland United Methodist Church records
creator
Upland United Methodist Church (Brookhaven, Pa.)
id
UMC.23
repository
extent
2.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1873-2003
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The congregation for Upland United Methodist Church began meeting in 1866, although it was not until 1873 that construction began on a new church building, at Church and Eighth Streets in the nearby Borough of Brookhaven, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The final service was held at Upland United Methodist Church on Sunday July 13, 2003. The Upland United Methodist Church records, 1873-2003, consist largely of minutes of the official board, administrative board, and board of trustees; Charge Conference reports; and membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, and deaths. Also included are a small amount of property-related records (featuring blueprints of the church organ and a photograph of the church building), directories, bulletins, budgets, and other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1834-1968
Creator:
Christ Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2.75 linear feet
Christ Methodist Episcopal Church was located at North 38th Street in the Mantua neighborhood of West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was also known at various times as Mantua, Thirty-Eighth Street, and Heiskell Chapel Methodist Episcopal Churches. The church was founded in 1852 and discontinued in 1968. The Christ Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1834-1968, consist of membership records, marriages, baptisms, Quarterly Conference records, minute books, and various assorted financial, property, and other records. (View full finding aid.)
title
Christ Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Christ Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.31
repository
extent
2.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1834-1968
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Christ Methodist Episcopal Church was located at North 38th Street in the Mantua neighborhood of West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was also known at various times as Mantua, Thirty-Eighth Street, and Heiskell Chapel Methodist Episcopal Churches. The church was founded in 1852 and discontinued in 1968. The Christ Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1834-1968, consist of membership records, marriages, baptisms, Quarterly Conference records, minute books, and various assorted financial, property, and other records.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1913-1969
Creator:
Bickley Memorial United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.8 linear feet
Bickley Memorial United Methodist Church, founded as Oak Lane Park Methodist Episcopal Church in 1913 at 6th and Chelten Avenue in the Oak Lane section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was discontinued in 2000. The Bickley Memorial United Methodist Church records, 1913-1969, consist primarily of Board and Quarterly Conference minutes. Also included are financial records, building-related records, some historical materials, membership directories, and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bickley Memorial United Methodist Church records
creator
Bickley Memorial United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.45
repository
extent
1.8 linear feet
inclusive date
1913-1969
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Bickley Memorial United Methodist Church, founded as Oak Lane Park Methodist Episcopal Church in 1913 at 6th and Chelten Avenue in the Oak Lane section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was discontinued in 2000. The Bickley Memorial United Methodist Church records, 1913-1969, consist primarily of Board and Quarterly Conference minutes. Also included are financial records, building-related records, some historical materials, membership directories, and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1861-1992
Creator:
Siloam United Methodist Church (West Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
Siloam Methodist Episcopal Church (formerly known as Kingsessing Church) was established in 1834. It was located in Paschalville, now the West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania neighborhood of Kingsessing, at Woodland Avenue and 70th Street. Siloam United Methodist Church was discontinued in 1992. The Siloam United Methodist Church records, 1861-1992, consist of baptisms, marriages, and membership records, with a few other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Siloam United Methodist Church records
creator
Siloam United Methodist Church (West Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.48
repository
extent
1.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1861-1992
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Siloam Methodist Episcopal Church (formerly known as Kingsessing Church) was established in 1834. It was located in Paschalville, now the West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania neighborhood of Kingsessing, at Woodland Avenue and 70th Street. Siloam United Methodist Church was discontinued in 1992. The Siloam United Methodist Church records, 1861-1992, consist of baptisms, marriages, and membership records, with a few other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
« First • Previous • NextLast »