Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
Remove
filtered Date: 1900-1950
Remove
filtered Sort: Title (ascending)
Sort Results By:
hide/display content

Possible Sorts:

Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • NextLast »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 25 out of 47  
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1830-2010
Creator:
Bustleton United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 5.33 linear feet
Methodists began meeting for worship in the Bustleton neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1827, although Bustleton Methodist Episcopal Church was not officially chartered until 1833. Bustleton United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2010. The Bustleton United Methodist Church records, 1830-2010, include membership and vital records, official board minutes, administrative board minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, reports to Quarterly Conference, trustee minutes, bequests, building-related documents, newsletters, worship bulletins, anniversary and historical material, newspaper clippings, photographs, and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bustleton United Methodist Church records
creator
Bustleton United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.08
repository
extent
5.33 linear feet
inclusive date
1830-2010
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Methodists began meeting for worship in the Bustleton neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1827, although Bustleton Methodist Episcopal Church was not officially chartered until 1833. Bustleton United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2010. The Bustleton United Methodist Church records, 1830-2010, include membership and vital records, official board minutes, administrative board minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, reports to Quarterly Conference, trustee minutes, bequests, building-related documents, newsletters, worship bulletins, anniversary and historical material, newspaper clippings, photographs, and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1834-1968
Creator:
Christ Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2.75 linear feet
Christ Methodist Episcopal Church was located at North 38th Street in the Mantua neighborhood of West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was also known at various times as Mantua, Thirty-Eighth Street, and Heiskell Chapel Methodist Episcopal Churches. The church was founded in 1852 and discontinued in 1968. The Christ Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1834-1968, consist of membership records, marriages, baptisms, Quarterly Conference records, minute books, and various assorted financial, property, and other records. (View full finding aid.)
title
Christ Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Christ Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.31
repository
extent
2.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1834-1968
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Christ Methodist Episcopal Church was located at North 38th Street in the Mantua neighborhood of West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was also known at various times as Mantua, Thirty-Eighth Street, and Heiskell Chapel Methodist Episcopal Churches. The church was founded in 1852 and discontinued in 1968. The Christ Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1834-1968, consist of membership records, marriages, baptisms, Quarterly Conference records, minute books, and various assorted financial, property, and other records.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1851-1983
Creator:
Crozerville United Methodist Church (Aston, Pa.)
Extent: 1 linear feet
Rockdale Methodist Episcopal Church in Aston Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania was established in 1851 and formally became a separate charge in 1852. The following year, the congregation voted to change its name to Crozerville Methodist Episcopal Church in recognition of a generous donor, John P. Crozer. Crozerville United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2010. The Crozerville United Methodist Church records, 1851-1983, consist of: trustee, Leaders and Stewards, official board, and Quarterly Conference minutes; Charge Conference records; and membership and vital records such as baptisms and probationers lists. (View full finding aid.)
title
Crozerville United Methodist Church records
creator
Crozerville United Methodist Church (Aston, Pa.)
id
UMC.21
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
1851-1983
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Rockdale Methodist Episcopal Church in Aston Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania was established in 1851 and formally became a separate charge in 1852. The following year, the congregation voted to change its name to Crozerville Methodist Episcopal Church in recognition of a generous donor, John P. Crozer. Crozerville United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2010. The Crozerville United Methodist Church records, 1851-1983, consist of: trustee, Leaders and Stewards, official board, and Quarterly Conference minutes; Charge Conference records; and membership and vital records such as baptisms and probationers lists.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1801-2012
Creator:
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
Extent: 55 linear feet
The territory of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church (U.S.) covers sixteen counties in the southeastern quarter of the state of Pennsylvania, roughly from Philadelphia to Harrisburg. The Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church collection of closed churches records, 1801-2012, consist of small amounts of records from various closed United Methodist churches (and predecessor denominations, Methodist churches and Methodist Episcopal churches) within the boundaries of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference. The amount of documentation varies by church, but there is less than one linear foot of material for each of the churches included in this collection. The materials consist largely of vital records (birth, marriage, baptism, and death), membership records, trustees' minutes, and Quarterly Conference minutes. Many other types of documents, such as Sunday School records, photographs, event programs, and newspaper clippings, can also be found. (View full finding aid.)
title
Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church closed churches records
creator
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
id
UMC.02
repository
extent
55 linear feet
inclusive date
1801-2012
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The territory of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church (U.S.) covers sixteen counties in the southeastern quarter of the state of Pennsylvania, roughly from Philadelphia to Harrisburg. The Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church collection of closed churches records, 1801-2012, consist of small amounts of records from various closed United Methodist churches (and predecessor denominations, Methodist churches and Methodist Episcopal churches) within the boundaries of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference. The amount of documentation varies by church, but there is less than one linear foot of material for each of the churches included in this collection. The materials consist largely of vital records (birth, marriage, baptism, and death), membership records, trustees' minutes, and Quarterly Conference minutes. Many other types of documents, such as Sunday School records, photographs, event programs, and newspaper clippings, can also be found.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1773-2012
Creator:
United Methodist Church (U.S.). Eastern Pennsylvania Conference
Extent: 25 linear feet
The first conference of Methodist preachers in the colonies was held in Philadelphia in 1773. The Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church, organized in 1796, was one of the six original regional annual conferences after the Methodist Episcopal Church in America was incorporated. As of 2014, the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church covers 16 counties, ranging roughly from Philadelphia to Harrisburg. About half of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church records, 1773-2012, are printed proceedings. Other document types, including reports to the conference, correspondence, and audiovisual materials, are also included in the collection. (View full finding aid.)
title
Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church records
creator
United Methodist Church (U.S.). Eastern Pennsylvania Conference
id
UMC.04
repository
extent
25 linear feet
inclusive date
1773-2012
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The first conference of Methodist preachers in the colonies was held in Philadelphia in 1773. The Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church, organized in 1796, was one of the six original regional annual conferences after the Methodist Episcopal Church in America was incorporated. As of 2014, the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church covers 16 counties, ranging roughly from Philadelphia to Harrisburg. About half of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church records, 1773-2012, are printed proceedings. Other document types, including reports to the conference, correspondence, and audiovisual materials, are also included in the collection.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1826-1941
Creator:
Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church (Southwark, Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church in the Southwark section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was founded in 1790 and discontinued in 1938. The Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1826-1941, consist largely membership, marriage, and baptism records. There is also a Quarterly Conference Record dating from 1835 to 1867, one book from 1903 to 1904 consisting of burial records from both Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church in Southwark and Ebenezer Church in Havertown, and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church (Southwark, Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.38
repository
extent
1.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1826-1941
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church in the Southwark section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was founded in 1790 and discontinued in 1938. The Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1826-1941, consist largely membership, marriage, and baptism records. There is also a Quarterly Conference Record dating from 1835 to 1867, one book from 1903 to 1904 consisting of burial records from both Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church in Southwark and Ebenezer Church in Havertown, and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1851-2009
Creator:
Falls United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 3 linear feet
Falls of Schuylkill Methodist Episcopal Church in what is now the East Falls neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was officially established in 1855, although the congregation was on a circuit with Manayunk and Fairmount as early as 1837. In 2005, known as Falls United Methodist Church and located at 3576 Indian Queen Lane, the church was discontinued. The Falls United Methodist Church records, 1851-2009, include a large amount of meeting minutes and vital and membership records, and a small amount of other records relating to the property, nursery school, church history, chorus, and other topics. (View full finding aid.)
title
Falls United Methodist Church records
creator
Falls United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.32
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1851-2009
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Falls of Schuylkill Methodist Episcopal Church in what is now the East Falls neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was officially established in 1855, although the congregation was on a circuit with Manayunk and Fairmount as early as 1837. In 2005, known as Falls United Methodist Church and located at 3576 Indian Queen Lane, the church was discontinued. The Falls United Methodist Church records, 1851-2009, include a large amount of meeting minutes and vital and membership records, and a small amount of other records relating to the property, nursery school, church history, chorus, and other topics.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1855-1995
Creator:
Frankford Central United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 4 linear feet
Central Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in the Frankford neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1876 and closed in 2005. The Frankford Central United Methodist Church records, 1855-1995, include official board minutes, trustee minutes, membership and vital records, newsletters, and various other records of Frankford Central United Methodist Church. (View full finding aid.)
title
Frankford Central United Methodist Church records
creator
Frankford Central United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.14
repository
extent
4 linear feet
inclusive date
1855-1995
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Central Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in the Frankford neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1876 and closed in 2005. The Frankford Central United Methodist Church records, 1855-1995, include official board minutes, trustee minutes, membership and vital records, newsletters, and various other records of Frankford Central United Methodist Church.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1871-1992
Creator:
Gap United Methodist Church (Gap, Pa.)
Extent: 1.25 linear feet
Around 1872 or 1873, the congregation of Asbury Methodist Episcopal Church in Sadsbury Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania decided to build a new church in nearby Gap, PA, where the population was larger, and change its name to Gap Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1997, Gap United Methodist Church and nearby Atglen United Methodist Church merged to establish Asbury Community United Methodist Church, holding meetings at the Atglen location in Chester County, PA. The Gap church building was sold in 2000 and Asbury Community United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2002. The Gap United Methodist Church records, 1871-1992, consist primarily of Official Board minutes, 1914-1990, and membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, and deaths, 1902-1992. Also included are some Charge Conference records, Quarterly Conference records, Board of Trustees minutes, and membership directories. A small amount of records relate to Asbury Methodist Episcopal Church. (View full finding aid.)
title
Gap United Methodist Church records
creator
Gap United Methodist Church (Gap, Pa.)
id
UMC.40
repository
extent
1.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1871-1992
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Around 1872 or 1873, the congregation of Asbury Methodist Episcopal Church in Sadsbury Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania decided to build a new church in nearby Gap, PA, where the population was larger, and change its name to Gap Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1997, Gap United Methodist Church and nearby Atglen United Methodist Church merged to establish Asbury Community United Methodist Church, holding meetings at the Atglen location in Chester County, PA. The Gap church building was sold in 2000 and Asbury Community United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2002. The Gap United Methodist Church records, 1871-1992, consist primarily of Official Board minutes, 1914-1990, and membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, and deaths, 1902-1992. Also included are some Charge Conference records, Quarterly Conference records, Board of Trustees minutes, and membership directories. A small amount of records relate to Asbury Methodist Episcopal Church.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1854-2011
Creator:
Gladwyne United Methodist Church (Gladwyne, Pa.)
Extent: 1.75 linear feet
Gladwyne United Methodist Church in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania traces its roots to a church school in Fritz's School House, a private school, organized around the year 1830. Formerly known as Merion Square Methodist Episcopal Church and Lower Merion Methodist Episcopal Church, Gladwyne United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2011. The Gladwyne United Methodist Church records, 1854-2011, consist primarily of membership and vital records, as well as Board, Quarterly Conference, and Charge Conference minutes. Also included are small amounts of event programs, worship bulletins, historical materials, financial records, and photographs. (View full finding aid.)
title
Gladwyne United Methodist Church records
creator
Gladwyne United Methodist Church (Gladwyne, Pa.)
id
UMC.27
repository
extent
1.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1854-2011
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Gladwyne United Methodist Church in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania traces its roots to a church school in Fritz's School House, a private school, organized around the year 1830. Formerly known as Merion Square Methodist Episcopal Church and Lower Merion Methodist Episcopal Church, Gladwyne United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2011. The Gladwyne United Methodist Church records, 1854-2011, consist primarily of membership and vital records, as well as Board, Quarterly Conference, and Charge Conference minutes. Also included are small amounts of event programs, worship bulletins, historical materials, financial records, and photographs.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1909-1991
Creator:
Grace United Methodist Church (Coatesville, Pa.)
Extent: 1 linear feet
Grace United Methodist Church of Coatesville, Chester County, Pennsylvania was established in 1907. In 2002, Grace United Methodist Church merged with Asbury Community United Methodist Church to establish Faith Community United Methodist Church in Parkesburg (Chester County). The Grace United Methodist Church records, 1909-1991, consist of official board minutes (1909-1947), Charge Conference and administrative board minutes (1971-1983), and various other documents including administrative reports, a membership directory, anniversary materials, and photographs. (View full finding aid.)
title
Grace United Methodist Church records
creator
Grace United Methodist Church (Coatesville, Pa.)
id
UMC.09
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
1909-1991
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Grace United Methodist Church of Coatesville, Chester County, Pennsylvania was established in 1907. In 2002, Grace United Methodist Church merged with Asbury Community United Methodist Church to establish Faith Community United Methodist Church in Parkesburg (Chester County). The Grace United Methodist Church records, 1909-1991, consist of official board minutes (1909-1947), Charge Conference and administrative board minutes (1971-1983), and various other documents including administrative reports, a membership directory, anniversary materials, and photographs.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1843-2007
Creator:
Grace United Methodist Church (Catasauqua, Pa.)
Extent: 3 linear feet
The cornerstone for Grace Methodist Episcopal Church in Catasauqua, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania was laid in 1859. Emmanuel Evangelical United Brethren Church merged into the congregation in 1966. Grace United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2007. The Grace United Methodist Church records, 1843-2007, include minutes of the administrative board, church council, Charge Conference, and Quarterly Conference; birth, marriage, death, and membership records; and various other documents including church histories, deeds, photographs, and publications. (View full finding aid.)
title
Grace United Methodist Church records
creator
Grace United Methodist Church (Catasauqua, Pa.)
id
UMC.24
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1843-2007
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The cornerstone for Grace Methodist Episcopal Church in Catasauqua, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania was laid in 1859. Emmanuel Evangelical United Brethren Church merged into the congregation in 1966. Grace United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2007. The Grace United Methodist Church records, 1843-2007, include minutes of the administrative board, church council, Charge Conference, and Quarterly Conference; birth, marriage, death, and membership records; and various other documents including church histories, deeds, photographs, and publications.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1770-2014
(Bulk: 1970-2014)
Creator:
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
Extent: 28 linear feet
Methodism is a protestant Christian faith based in the teachings of John Wesley (1703-1791), who preached "practical divinity," emphasis on Christian living, and putting faith and love into action. The Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1784 in the United States. After a series of divisions and unifications over the centuries, the modern United Methodist Church (U.S.) was formed in 1968. The Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church subject files, 1770-2014 (bulk 1970-2014), consist of small amounts of accumulated materials relating to Methodism, particularly, but not exclusively, in the Philadelphia area. Ephemera, such as pamphlets, brochures, newsletters, and newspaper clippings, as well as photocopies, make up a large percentage of the collection, although there are also photographs, correspondence, manuscripts, and other original documents. The collection is organized alphabetically by topic within six series: I. People, II. States, III. Methodist Bishops, IV. Methodist Ministers, V. St. George's United Methodist Church, and VI. Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church. (View full finding aid.)
title
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church subject files
creator
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
id
UMC.01
repository
extent
28 linear feet
inclusive date
1770-2014
bulk date
1970-2014
abstract/scope/contents
Methodism is a protestant Christian faith based in the teachings of John Wesley (1703-1791), who preached "practical divinity," emphasis on Christian living, and putting faith and love into action. The Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1784 in the United States. After a series of divisions and unifications over the centuries, the modern United Methodist Church (U.S.) was formed in 1968. The Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church subject files, 1770-2014 (bulk 1970-2014), consist of small amounts of accumulated materials relating to Methodism, particularly, but not exclusively, in the Philadelphia area. Ephemera, such as pamphlets, brochures, newsletters, and newspaper clippings, as well as photocopies, make up a large percentage of the collection, although there are also photographs, correspondence, manuscripts, and other original documents. The collection is organized alphabetically by topic within six series: I. People, II. States, III. Methodist Bishops, IV. Methodist Ministers, V. St. George's United Methodist Church, and VI. Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1871-2006
Creator:
Kedron United Methodist Church (Morton, Pa.)
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
Kedron Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in Morton, Delaware County, Pennsylvania in 1860. Circa 2006, Kedron United Methodist Church was discontinued and several, if not all, of its remaining members transferred to C. C. Hancock Memorial United Methodist Church in nearby Springfield Township (Delaware County, Pennsylvania). The Kedron United Methodist Church records, 1871-2006, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers. Also included are some minutes of the Official Board, Charge Conference records, photographs, anniversary programs, historical materials, directories, bulletins, and other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Kedron United Methodist Church records
creator
Kedron United Methodist Church (Morton, Pa.)
id
UMC.42
repository
extent
1.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1871-2006
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Kedron Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in Morton, Delaware County, Pennsylvania in 1860. Circa 2006, Kedron United Methodist Church was discontinued and several, if not all, of its remaining members transferred to C. C. Hancock Memorial United Methodist Church in nearby Springfield Township (Delaware County, Pennsylvania). The Kedron United Methodist Church records, 1871-2006, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers. Also included are some minutes of the Official Board, Charge Conference records, photographs, anniversary programs, historical materials, directories, bulletins, and other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1863-1997
Creator:
Lansford United Methodist Church (Lansford, Pa.)
Extent: 1.33 linear feet
Lansford Methodist Episcopal Church was located in the Borough of Lansford in Carbon County, Pennsylvania. It was active from sometime after 1816 to around 1997. The Lansford United Methodist Church records, 1863-1997, includes board minutes, trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, and membership and vital records. (View full finding aid.)
title
Lansford United Methodist Church records
creator
Lansford United Methodist Church (Lansford, Pa.)
id
UMC.11
repository
extent
1.33 linear feet
inclusive date
1863-1997
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Lansford Methodist Episcopal Church was located in the Borough of Lansford in Carbon County, Pennsylvania. It was active from sometime after 1816 to around 1997. The Lansford United Methodist Church records, 1863-1997, includes board minutes, trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, and membership and vital records.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1889-1973
Creator:
United Methodist Church. Philadelphia Annual Conference. Laymen's Association
Extent: 2 linear feet
The Philadelphia Laymen's Association of the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized on 1889 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in order to bring together the laymen in the city's vicinity for the purpose of promoting the interests of the Methodist Episcopal Church. Although the organization always dealt with a variety of topics relating to the Church, in its early years, the group especially focused on securing equal representation of laymen and ministers in regional annual conferences and the national General Conference. The organization changed its name to the Laymen's Association of the Philadelphia Annual Conference in 1893. The Laymen's Association of the Philadelphia Annual Conference records, 1889-1973, consist of minute books, financial ledgers and treasurer's accounts, printed proceedings, and a scrapbook. (View full finding aid.)
title
Laymen's Association of the Philadelphia Annual Conference records
creator
United Methodist Church. Philadelphia Annual Conference. Laymen's Association
id
UMC.57
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1889-1973
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Philadelphia Laymen's Association of the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized on 1889 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in order to bring together the laymen in the city's vicinity for the purpose of promoting the interests of the Methodist Episcopal Church. Although the organization always dealt with a variety of topics relating to the Church, in its early years, the group especially focused on securing equal representation of laymen and ministers in regional annual conferences and the national General Conference. The organization changed its name to the Laymen's Association of the Philadelphia Annual Conference in 1893. The Laymen's Association of the Philadelphia Annual Conference records, 1889-1973, consist of minute books, financial ledgers and treasurer's accounts, printed proceedings, and a scrapbook.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1833-2006
(Bulk: 1948-2006)
Creator:
Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church (Collingdale, Pa.)
Extent: 1.25 linear feet
Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church in Collingdale, Delaware County, Pennsylvania was founded as Central Methodist Church in 1924, and changed its name in 1948. The church closed in 2010. The Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church records, 1833-2006 (bulk 1948-2006), include administrative records, such as minutes, treasurer's reports, and budgets; membership and vital records, including baptisms, marriages, and deaths; photographs; anniversary pamphlets; and various other materials relating to the church and its history. (View full finding aid.)
title
Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church records
creator
Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church (Collingdale, Pa.)
id
UMC.37
repository
extent
1.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1833-2006
bulk date
1948-2006
abstract/scope/contents
Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church in Collingdale, Delaware County, Pennsylvania was founded as Central Methodist Church in 1924, and changed its name in 1948. The church closed in 2010. The Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church records, 1833-2006 (bulk 1948-2006), include administrative records, such as minutes, treasurer's reports, and budgets; membership and vital records, including baptisms, marriages, and deaths; photographs; anniversary pamphlets; and various other materials relating to the church and its history.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1801-1945
Creator:
Methodist Episcopal Union Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 5 linear feet
Methodist Episcopal Union Church was formed in 1801 at 4th and Arch Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by a group that split off from St. George's Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1887 West Park Avenue Chapel merged into the Church, and soon after the Union congregation moved to a new building designed by noted Philadelphia architects Hazelhurst & Huckel at 20th and Diamond Streets. Union Methodist Church was discontinued in 1945. The Methodist Episcopal Union Church records, 1801-1945, include membership and vital records, trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference records, financial papers, reports, mortgages and property-related records, pamphlets and ephemera, correspondence, photographs, cemetery records, and other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Methodist Episcopal Union Church records
creator
Methodist Episcopal Union Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.33
repository
extent
5 linear feet
inclusive date
1801-1945
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Methodist Episcopal Union Church was formed in 1801 at 4th and Arch Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by a group that split off from St. George's Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1887 West Park Avenue Chapel merged into the Church, and soon after the Union congregation moved to a new building designed by noted Philadelphia architects Hazelhurst & Huckel at 20th and Diamond Streets. Union Methodist Church was discontinued in 1945. The Methodist Episcopal Union Church records, 1801-1945, include membership and vital records, trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference records, financial papers, reports, mortgages and property-related records, pamphlets and ephemera, correspondence, photographs, cemetery records, and other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1860-1938
Creator:
Nineteenth Street Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2 linear feet
Nineteenth Street Methodist Episcopal Church was located at 19th and Poplar Streets in the Fairmount section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was founded in 1860 from Hedding Methodist Church, and in 1939 merged with Emmanuel Methodist Episcopal Church (at 25th and Brown Streets). Emmanuel Methodist Episcopal Church was discontinued in 1985. The Nineteenth Street Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1860-1938, consist of trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, historical information, class members listing, attendance and offering book, other documents, and a large amount of member and vital records. (View full finding aid.)
title
Nineteenth Street Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Nineteenth Street Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.51
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1860-1938
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Nineteenth Street Methodist Episcopal Church was located at 19th and Poplar Streets in the Fairmount section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was founded in 1860 from Hedding Methodist Church, and in 1939 merged with Emmanuel Methodist Episcopal Church (at 25th and Brown Streets). Emmanuel Methodist Episcopal Church was discontinued in 1985. The Nineteenth Street Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1860-1938, consist of trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, historical information, class members listing, attendance and offering book, other documents, and a large amount of member and vital records.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1871-1953
Creator:
Norris Square Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.75 linear feet
Norris Square Methodist Episcopal Church, the successor to Somerset Mission and Lehigh Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, was incorporated in 1874 and located on Mascher and Colona streets, above Susquehanna Avenue in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Norris Square Methodist Church was discontinued in 1952. The Norris Square Methodist Church records, 1871-1953, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers. Also included are minutes of the Official Board, Quarterly Conference, and membership meetings; materials relating to the church's closing; property documents; charters; and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Norris Square Methodist Church records
creator
Norris Square Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.43
repository
extent
1.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1871-1953
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Norris Square Methodist Episcopal Church, the successor to Somerset Mission and Lehigh Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, was incorporated in 1874 and located on Mascher and Colona streets, above Susquehanna Avenue in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Norris Square Methodist Church was discontinued in 1952. The Norris Square Methodist Church records, 1871-1953, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers. Also included are minutes of the Official Board, Quarterly Conference, and membership meetings; materials relating to the church's closing; property documents; charters; and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1879-1991
Creator:
Olivet-Bethany United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2.2 linear feet
Bethany Methodist Episcopal Church at 11th Street and Mifflin Street in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was established in 1872. Olivet Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1901 at 63rd Street and Grays Avenue. The two churches merged in 1922 to form Olivet-Bethany Methodist Episcopal Church at the 63rd Street and Grays Avenue location. Olivet-Bethany United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2005. The Olivet-Bethany United Methodist Church records, 1879-1991, consist of Quarterly Conference records, official board records, trustee minutes, membership and vital records (baptisms, marriages, deaths), legal papers, and some other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Olivet-Bethany United Methodist Church records
creator
Olivet-Bethany United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.13
repository
extent
2.2 linear feet
inclusive date
1879-1991
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Bethany Methodist Episcopal Church at 11th Street and Mifflin Street in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was established in 1872. Olivet Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1901 at 63rd Street and Grays Avenue. The two churches merged in 1922 to form Olivet-Bethany Methodist Episcopal Church at the 63rd Street and Grays Avenue location. Olivet-Bethany United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2005. The Olivet-Bethany United Methodist Church records, 1879-1991, consist of Quarterly Conference records, official board records, trustee minutes, membership and vital records (baptisms, marriages, deaths), legal papers, and some other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1872-1942
Creator:
Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2 linear feet
Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1873 at Park and Norris Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Park Avenue Methodist Church was discontinued around 1941. The Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1872-1942, consist of organizational meeting minutes, trustee minutes, membership and vital records (members, marriages, and baptisms), and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.30
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1872-1942
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1873 at Park and Norris Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Park Avenue Methodist Church was discontinued around 1941. The Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1872-1942, consist of organizational meeting minutes, trustee minutes, membership and vital records (members, marriages, and baptisms), and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1870-1940
Creator:
Methodist Episcopal Church. Woman's Foreign Missionary Society. Philadelphia Branch
Extent: 5 linear feet
The Woman's Foreign Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1869 in Boston, Massachusetts in response to a recognized need for women missionaries who could minister to women in foreign countries. The Philadelphia Branch of the Woman's Foreign Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1870. In 1973 this organization merged with other women's missionary groups to establish United Methodist Women, the women's mission organization of the United Methodist Church. The Philadelphia Branch of the Woman's Foreign Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1870-1940, consist primarily of printed annual reports, but also include minutes, a life member list, newsletters, meeting programs and other ephemera, constitution and by-laws, appropriations records, and other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Philadelphia Branch of the Woman's Foreign Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Methodist Episcopal Church. Woman's Foreign Missionary Society. Philadelphia Branch
id
UMC.55
repository
extent
5 linear feet
inclusive date
1870-1940
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The Woman's Foreign Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1869 in Boston, Massachusetts in response to a recognized need for women missionaries who could minister to women in foreign countries. The Philadelphia Branch of the Woman's Foreign Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1870. In 1973 this organization merged with other women's missionary groups to establish United Methodist Women, the women's mission organization of the United Methodist Church. The Philadelphia Branch of the Woman's Foreign Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1870-1940, consist primarily of printed annual reports, but also include minutes, a life member list, newsletters, meeting programs and other ephemera, constitution and by-laws, appropriations records, and other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1855-1952
Creator:
Pitman Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
Pitman Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1856 at 23rd and Lombard Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and later moved to 28th and Dickson Streets. Pitman Methodist Church was discontinued in 1952. The Pitman Methodist Church records, 1855-1952, consist of Trustee, Quarterly Conference, and Board of Leaders and Stewards minutes, as well as lists of members, marriages, and baptisms, and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Pitman Methodist Church records
creator
Pitman Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.29
repository
extent
1.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1855-1952
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Pitman Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1856 at 23rd and Lombard Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and later moved to 28th and Dickson Streets. Pitman Methodist Church was discontinued in 1952. The Pitman Methodist Church records, 1855-1952, consist of Trustee, Quarterly Conference, and Board of Leaders and Stewards minutes, as well as lists of members, marriages, and baptisms, and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1846-1959
Creator:
Port Richmond Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2 linear feet
Port Richmond Methodist Episcopal Church was founded in 1846 in Port Richmond, which was then a district outside the City of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, but was later incorporated into and became a neighborhood of the city in the 1854 city/county consolidation of Philadelphia. Port Richmond Methodist Church was discontinued in 1955. The Port Richmond Methodist Church records, 1846-1959, consist of trustee minutes, official board minutes, corporation minutes, Quarterly Conference records, membership records, baptisms, and marriages. (View full finding aid.)
title
Port Richmond Methodist Church records
creator
Port Richmond Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.16
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1846-1959
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Port Richmond Methodist Episcopal Church was founded in 1846 in Port Richmond, which was then a district outside the City of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, but was later incorporated into and became a neighborhood of the city in the 1854 city/county consolidation of Philadelphia. Port Richmond Methodist Church was discontinued in 1955. The Port Richmond Methodist Church records, 1846-1959, consist of trustee minutes, official board minutes, corporation minutes, Quarterly Conference records, membership records, baptisms, and marriages.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
« First • Previous • NextLast »